• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northeastern
    replied
    Re: NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    New committed the boneheaded boarding penalty that led to NU's fourth goal...
    ..ah that explains that. That was a tough break for him.. i didn't think he boarded, Silva was trying to get the puck from a tight spot behind the net & fell... anyway, these calls go both ways night in, night out.. that's HE officiating.

If its even borderline boarding.. they call it (we've been at the other end of the call in the ME series). Glad we could capitalize. That penalty now i recall, he (#55).. was not too happy about the call.. he was fuming in the penalty box. I think he'll be someone to reckon with tonight

Also, at the end of night handshake i saw both Daniel brothers give one of the Friars (same player) a hug.. perhaps hometown or USHL connection there? (just guessing).

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by choog View Post
    I missed that... maybe he was the guy who covered the puck with his hand?
    You're apparently the only one who cared about that...

New committed the boneheaded boarding penalty that led to NU's fourth goal. That might have been the problem.

Leave a comment:

• choog
    replied

Also- I can't make the trip tonight. Anyone know how to get cox sports around here? Can anyone stream it online?

The game is listed here:

http://www.cox-sports.com/index.html

Leave a comment:

• choog
    replied

I missed that... maybe he was the guy who covered the puck with his hand?

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

As optimistic as i feel about last night's performance.. i still see a split with PC taking a close one tonight. Beaudry is not going to be easy to score on.

On a side note.. what did #55 (New i thnk..), for PC ever do last night (sorry if i missed it).. to **** some NU fans off? All i heard for the last 10-15 mins of the gm from a certain fan section was "hey 55.. #55... 55 you s++k!!!".. on & on, over & over again... one of them even walked right behind PC's bench until Army or one of the asst told them to shut up #55 even got into it with the fan for a couple seconds.. pretty hilarious

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Dear Mr. Army,

I wholeheartedly thank you for your decision to start Justin Gates in game 1. May you give me an early Christmas present and put the poor, wretched sieve back between the pipes tonight. I also thank Brown for choosing to play PC on a Tuesday before our weekend home and home making it difficult for Beadry to play both games.

Sincerely,

Me

As for the game last night, it was just a really physical game on both sides. I think they call to many penalities in college to begin with, so I'm fine that they let some stuff go last night. Jon, as a fan of a PC Hockey East opponent I hope Army never leaves
    You're the best NU fan ever.

I think Maine and Merrimack fans echo your sentiments.

BTW: The first and second goals weren't Gates' fault. I blame PC's defense for leaving NU players in front of the net. If PC had any kind of offense, they could have made a game of it, but nope. Jamnick and Bergland can't do it by themselves...
    Last edited by Jon; 11-21-2009, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thiessen'sBetter
    replied

Dear Mr. Army,

I wholeheartedly thank you for your decision to start Justin Gates in game 1. May you give me an early Christmas present and put the poor, wretched sieve back between the pipes tonight. I also thank Brown for choosing to play PC on a Tuesday before our weekend home and home making it difficult for Beadry to play both games.

Sincerely,

Me

As for the game last night, it was just a really physical game on both sides. I think they call to many penalities in college to begin with, so I'm fine that they let some stuff go last night. Jon, as a fan of a PC Hockey East opponent I hope Army never leaves

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by choog View Post
    I thought PC had a lot of annoying plays and penalties (especially at the end of the first period..) Remember when that one player tried to cover the puck with his hand and run out the clock?
    You were annoyed? I was ****ing exasperated.

Originally posted by choog
    That's not classy...
    Are you even vaguely aware that you are posting about the sport of ice hockey?

Unless Beaudry can score a goal or two, this team is pretty much ****ed. Stay out of the box, try to get some semblance of offense and stop making the Rawlings and Madores of the world like Ken Freaking Dryden.
    Last edited by Jon; 11-21-2009, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    Since you seem to be so literate, I'd urge you to check the scoreboard.
    Speaking on literacy, you might want to check out the PC thread where we've been trying to get rid of our coach all year. I think it's hilarious that you're talking trash to a fanbase that all but conceded you four points this weekend. Way to gauge your audience!!!

Leave a comment:

• WDR357
    replied

I could say much of the same. Not a complete game but the best I've seen them play. Vermeesch was great, Tuckerman and Kraemer both looked good. Meunch looked great on D. Although Ellement has three helpers already I could see why he wasn't in the regular rotation. His passing from the defensive zone looked like it could use some work. The PP was much improved from the games I had been to earlier this season....

PC wasn't a bad team. I could see why they have won some games against good teams already this year. NU just played about as well as any game they've had thus far.

Leave a comment:

• HuskyMan
    replied

Kraemer did indeed play great, that was a rocket of a shot to get that goal...

Really happy with the team effort tonight, zero complaints really, just looked great!

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

Originally posted by NUHuskies View Post
    Biggest thing I noticed tonight was puck control. Much better than I've seen the rest of the year, although it seems to have gotten a little better each week. Vermeersch and Tuckerman (and a couple other guys too) had some really nice moves to get around defenders..
    .. that was Kyle Kraemer.. very well played tonight.

Macleod had some nice poke checks as well. Overall great forecheck by him, Donovan, & Silva too. Rawlings another strong showing - i really like his composure.

Do i think we'll have it easy tomorrow.. no way. But we earned it tonight. I think we can beat these guys if we skate disciplined. Tonight, when we took a penalty in the opening minutes, i thought.. not good. Rest of the gm they really stayed calm, played well. McNeely is a great skater.. he's gotta stay out of the box more & continue helping us. This season i do see more stuff called on him so he'd better skate smart & stay cool.

Finally, excellent blue line control on the PP. Strong gm. Really enjoyed it!

Well played team!

Leave a comment:

• NJ2NU
    replied

Great game all around. Rawlings looked good, good to see Muench back on the ice (and Wade...God that goal was gorgeous). The boys made me pretty optimistic about a 4pt weekend. Let's get it done tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• choog
    replied

Another fun one to watch! I think we looked fantastic tonight. I agree about the great puck handling- we continue to show some great great unselfish passing - but another thing I noticed was some pretty skating. Looked like we were skating circles around PC tonight.

I thought PC had a lot of annoying plays and penalties (especially at the end of the first period..) Remember when that one player tried to cover the puck with his hand and run out the clock? That's not classy...

Good job boys. Let's see it again tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Ryecheers
    replied

Originally posted by satyking View Post
    You are assuming someone will be in the locker room to read it to the team
    Since you seem to be so literate, I'd urge you to check the scoreboard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X