NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

no team in HE has swept a series. I predict split, until a team proves otherwise.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

In PC's defense, this was their first game in 9,000 years. Bergland's goal might have been their first in a month. I'm glad they remembered how to score.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

..that's true, you guys had quite a layover there.. beginning of season!!..

..and now you have like gms every 3 days..

Brown yesterday, us in 2 days (twice).. then UML nxt Tues right?.. then 2 more... then.. no wait, Thanksgiving is around the corner & Christmas isn't far behind. The scheduler is happy
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          No, I'm asking for noise. Trouble would be sitting behind a row of NU fans and ranting instructions to players like I'm Toot Cahoon. Long story, but I've found the worst fan in Hockey East. *shudder*
          That guy must have really sucked. I kind of want to meet him.
          #NewMass

Comment

Best thread title so far.

Comment

Beaudry's W/L record is listed at 5-3 while the Friars overall record is 6-3. Which gm did he not start? Did the other tender you have get the W then..? Against which team?

Just curious if you will use him (Beaudry) both nights with a 2 day rest, or go with rotation..
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Looking forward to this weekend's series. I think that a split is in the cards but you never know.
                I work down the street from the Arena and will be pregaming at Coda on Tremont. Feel free to stop by if you Huskie fans are in the area and thirsty. Coda is just around the corner from Clery's. It's the Friday afternoon hangout after work so no driving.
                I'm just glad Thiessen is gone. He was a beast!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  Just curious if you will use him (Beaudry) both nights with a 2 day rest, or go with rotation..
                  Most likely play both games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                    no team in HE has swept a series..
                    .. pretty amazing.

With NU-PC, UNH-BU, BC-ME all playing 2 (head-to-head) this wknd, doesn't get any easier...

Rankings in HE going to be 'sardine like' this season
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Any idea how NU student ticket sales are so far? I totally forgot to pick mine up yesterday...
                      Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

you should be able to pick them up no problem. haven't gotten any e-mails about tix selling out.
                        Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          Beaudry's W/L record is listed at 5-3 while the Friars overall record is 6-3. Which gm did he not start? Did the other tender you have get the W then..? Against which team?
                          It seems like they decided to give him the night off for the 2nd Bowling Green game, given that they completely dominated the first game.
                          On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                          If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

When I showed up to get my ticket yesterday there was still a decent stack there. The person working the window was not paying attention to us, and as we were about to walk away she asked if she wanted to sit next to each other (I was with one of my roommates). She had to give us tickets next to each other (took her way too long to figure out the one that she gave me and the one she gave him were already next to each other...I had to tell her). When are they going to realize that students don't pay attention to those? I've been sitting in the same seat all year, and it's the same place I sat pretty much all of last year. I don't plan on moving.
                            Go Huskies!

Comment

Where's your location of choice? I've been sitting in the corner of the lower section... (near the entrance to the opponent's locker rooms) For me, it's the best view in the arena... though I mentioned earlier I'm considering moving because it's been the designated spot for some fraternity and I'm tired of hearing their drunked stupidity
                              Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                                That guy must have really sucked. I kind of want to meet him.
                                No you don't.

Imagine having no interior monologue. And having the thought patterns of cocker spaniel. That was him. Eric the Ram, Sasquatch, Mullethead... nothing compared to this guy. I think he might secretly be Hokydad.

God, I love Matthews. Too bad my wife didn't want to get married there... have the games been selling out lately?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X