X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Truth About The Cats and Dogs - BU/UNH 11/20 and 11/21

Originally posted by Beantown6 View Post
    Shot in the dark...

At the Championship game in DC, .. And they proceeded to cheer for BU with us as loudly and vociferously as they could for the rest of the game. I'll never forget looking over and seeing UNH jersey-clad fans chanting and clapping "GO BU! GO BU!" with as much conviction as a real Terrier fan. When we tied the game, they went totally bananas and were *almost* as happy as we BU fans were...
    Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
    I was indeed one of those guys. I'm not ashamed to admit on here that we did cheer vociferously for BU in the FF
    We'll be at both games this weekend, but not rooting for BU this time!
    This story illustrates what's special about college hockey and its fans.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
      Nice one Beaner and Rock!

Coupla quick points;

- radio on tape delay 'cuz of bball??!! Ahem, but that's a defending D1 National Champ you are deferring there.

- should be fascinating to see Warso up front for this one hope it means more pts and may increase his pro chances in the long run.

- how does the Warsofsky move affect the d pairings and power play?
      So wait, no TV or radio tonight!?

I don't like this Warso up front move. Don't like it at all.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        So wait, no TV or radio tonight!?

I don't like this Warso up front move. Don't like it at all.
        Check WTBU, I don't know if they sent people up to do this game, but otherwise, go for UNH radio. Or hack a video feed? If one exists? I need to find this information out as well.

Edit: some info here: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...vis=10&home=38

Edit #2: and some more info here (video): http://unhwildcats.tv/
        Last edited by slurpees; 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM.
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          Check WTBU, I don't know if they sent people up to do this game, but otherwise, go for UNH radio. Or hack a video feed? If one exists? I need to find this information out as well.

Edit: some info here: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...vis=10&home=38

Edit #2: and some more info here (video): http://unhwildcats.tv/
          Thanks.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
            This story illustrates what's special about college hockey and its fans.
            i want Umile to win one, so as soon as BU is out i start pulling for UHN (though that hasn't really helped, has it? )
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              ... Or hack a video feed?
              Slurp, I am so disappointed..had higher expectations from you.

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
                Slurp, I am so disappointed..had higher expectations from you.
                haha why, im no computer whiz, i cant hack solitaire.
                time to write new history

Comment

Good game for the Cats tonight.... not sure what to make of this team this year. We play a good game or two and then look totally inept the next time out. Odd. Guess that is not much different than the whole season thus far across the board.

Thanks to the BU posters on the Score Update thread tonight... good guys and girl... (sorry about your ticket problem, Scarlet).... the BU fanbase is probably my fave on the boards during the games. Always come across as good, fair guys.... not unlike ourselves, I think. So thanks. Hopefully some (if not all) make it back for tomorrow's game.
                  Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                  ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                  Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                  Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                  NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Solid win for the Cats tonight. The biggest thing that I really noticed tonight were the penalty kills, which were quite numerous...but finally successful, possibly resulting from BU's previously noted ineffectiveness on the PP. However, that may be the confidence boost this team needs after giving up a goal nearly every man-down situation this year.

Furthermore, Damon Kipp is playing well. I may be starting to turn my opinion on the kid. He's played yet another vastly improved game, made some heads up plays and...scored a goal?!?

He's not quite ready to be upgraded to Damon Kipp: Version 2.0, but I'm glad that there's a patch for the existing stuff which clearly had a number of bugs in it.
                    A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post

Thanks to the BU posters on the Score Update thread tonight... good guys and girls... (sorry about your ticket problem, Scarlet).... the BU fanbase is probably my fave on the boards during the games. Always come across as good, fair guys.... not unlike ourselves, I think. So thanks. Hopefully some (if not all) make it back for tomorrow's game.
                      FYP.

<---- not a guy.

Thanks to you guys too. It was fun.

Obviously not the outcome we'd like to see as BU fans, though. It seems BU can't put in a consistant effort without falling apart. Sure, they are young and have injuries, but we can't keep blaming that when the veterans don't step up.
                      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

How did Warso look at forward? And why was this necessary? What's up with Glass and Gilroy?
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Quote from Concord Monitor article (11-20-09) by Dave D'Onofrio:

"Seeing Boston University celebrate a national championship last spring after the Terriers had squeaked by them with the benefit of a questionable penalty call and a fortuitous bounce, the UNH players didn't let it go ignored. They discussed it, in private and with the team, and took note of how close they'd come to the top."

Maybe I should think about becoming a sportswriter. Obviously, these are views of unabashed homers. Last year's BU team was clearly the best in the nation.
                          Last edited by C-H-C; 11-21-2009, 07:18 AM.
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                            Maybe I should think about becoming a sportswriter. Obviously, these are views of unabashed homers. Last year's BU team was clearly the best in the nation.
                            By far.
                            UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Yes, goodwin by the cats last night. Great to see guys like Henrion and Kipp burry a few pucks.
                              I thought Warsofsky played decently on the first line. was definitely a factor. Carried the puck well, showed some speed and assertiveness. Although.. he is a D man. I thought Kapstad was better at O!

Although I must admit watching UNH on the odd man rush last night looked a lot like Tommy Boy trying to sell brake pads.. the similarities are soo close!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bECV_yF_I0w

oh, well. Hoping for continued success down in Boston tonight. .UNH has got to be feeling good. If they can just connect on a few of those odd man rushes!!
                              GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                                FYP.

<---- not a guy.

Thanks to you guys too. It was fun.

Obviously not the outcome we'd like to see as BU fans, though. It seems BU can't put in a consistant effort without falling apart. Sure, they are young and have injuries, but we can't keep blaming that when the veterans don't step up.
                                Sorry, 09.. did not know... only knew Scarlet as she has been around for yrs here.
                                Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                                ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                                Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                                Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                                NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Working...
                                X