Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tOSU at NMU: Once Again, Over the Bridge One Last Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tOSU at NMU: Once Again, Over the Bridge One Last Time...

Once again we have another team from Ohio coming over the bridge for one last, final time....

tOSU split at Ferris...
    NMU had a win and tie (shootout loss) to Miami

It'll be interesting to see how NMU plays this series... This is the first time since before Christmas where a good result is expected... This series will let us know what we have for the 2nd half I believe...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: tOSU at NMU: Once Again, Over the Bridge One Last Time...

OSU has the nation's number 1 goaltender. Hjelle has a 1.43 GAA and an eye popping .954 saves pct. On the other hand the Buckeye offense struggles to score as much as Northerns. I expect a low scoring series and hope a healthy NMU squad can eke out a split.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
      OSU has the nation's number 1 goaltender. Hjelle has a 1.43 GAA and an eye popping .954 saves pct. On the other hand the Buckeye offense struggles to score as much as Northerns. I expect a low scoring series and hope a healthy NMU squad can eke out a split.
      Well ****.... I need to start paying attention to the stats page

Comment

Yes Hejelle has been solid in net but our D has broken down on more than one occasion hanging him out to dry. Every team is trying to step up their play now that we're coming into the stetch and points are critical.
        Hope everyone enjoys the game who's there tonight, I'll be watching via web.

Comment

So, um....

GO CATS! GO CATS! GO CATS GO!!!

Comment

OHHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE!

Would like to see tOSU keep us as a non-conference opponent. I think they'll be more willing to travel up to us versus the other B1G schools.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

These refs are full of ****. That was not a 5:00 penalty and game misconduct. Maybe a 2:00... maybe... bull****.
              Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                These refs are full of ****. That was not a 5:00 penalty and game misconduct. Maybe a 2:00... maybe... bull****.
                I've looked at that check several times on the DVR mode. Cannot believe the call. I don't know what the ref saw, but the OSU player jumped right back up and continued play like nothing had happened. Baker was doing like any defenseman would do in that situation and maybe shoved from behind a little too hard. 5 min and tossed--Come on!
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                  I've looked at that check several times on the DVR mode. Cannot believe the call. I don't know what the ref saw, but the OSU player jumped right back up and continued play like nothing had happened. Baker was doing like any defenseman would do in that situation and maybe shoved from behind a little too hard. 5 min and tossed--Come on!
                  It is as if the OSU players mom made the call. Dont touch my baby... waaaa... jerks.
                  Go Cats!

Comment

Huge win for the Cats! Way to go guys! Do it again tomorrow!
                    Go Cats!

Comment

Thought the 'Cats played a pretty good game all the way around tonight: defense, offense, special teams.

They seem to be in sync a lot better recently than in the first half. Defense was solid, but for a couple of miscues.

Back to .500 for the first time since early November. Keep it going!
                      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                        It is as if the OSU players mom made the call. Dont touch my baby... waaaa... jerks.
                        You newbies are always the ones crying about something on forum so just let it go, you got the win didn't you?
                        Unless you see an orange armband on our players jersey don't blame us for the call, blame the guy who made it.
                        The thing that was funny about it while watching the game on the web Northern's announcer was going nuts over it and loudly exclaimed "This game is a joke!" LOL!
                        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-18-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          You newbies are always the ones crying about something on forum so just let it go, you got the win didn't you?
                          How am I a newbie?
                          Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            Unless you see an orange armband on our players jersey don't blame us for the call, blame the guy who made it.
                            The thing that was funny about it while watching the game on the web Northern's announcer was going nuts over it and loudly exclaimed "This game is a joke!" LOL!
                            the joke is that it's fast becoming no touch hockey. Hard hits are almost always penalized, especially along the wall. And that wasn't a particularly hard hit. That would have been a bad call if it had gone against Ohio State, Ferris or Western as well.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 01-19-2013, 01:41 PM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              the joke is that it's fast becoming no touch hockey. Hard hits are almost always penalized, especially along the wall. And that wasn't a particularly hard hit. That would have been a bad call if it had gone against Ohio State, Ferris or Western as well.
                              I don't disagree in any way. Football is also becoming the same way. These so called judgement calls on hits against what's supposed to be a defenseless player too often show bad judgement.

Comment

Working...
                              X