• Re: Student section and profanity in your school's arena

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    Jesus, take it somewhere else.
    you're right. no more from me on it.
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
      However, the band was told last year to stop saying "a**hole," so our director suggested replacing it with "brass pole" or "casserole". That lasted a game or two before we simply reverted back and, from what I've heard, they haven't said anything about it again this year.
      Actually, I think shouting "casserole" at the opposing players is pretty funny!

After reading these posts, I'd say the crowd at UAF is fairly well-mannered, maybe because it includes a lot of community members and families. The worst chant that's used on a regular basis is "Sit down, b----." I don't like hearing it, and I especially don't like my young son hearing it. Chants should be creative, not crude.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
        Jesus, take it somewhere else.
        YAGER HATE NUMBERS! YAGER SMASH!

Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          you're right.
          Just making sure everyone saw this. It doesn't happen often.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post

Yes DD offered to build an arena. Yes Merrimack turned them down. It had to do with a multitude of problems including: environmental and town by-law limitations and merrmack's food services contract with Sodexo. I'm sure there were more like wanting to keep the name lawler. But that could have been circumnavigated by doing something like lawler rink at the dd arena.
            The contract with Sodexo probably could have been worked out. The environmental issue probably is more tricky. I'm surprised the town would not be willing to work with that considering that they could make a deal with Merrimack to make use of that facilities for the general public and schools. As far as keeping the name the same "What's in a name?"

Comment

But that could have been circumnavigated by doing something like lawler rink at the dd arena.
              This sentence made me giggle. Hello Captain Cook
              @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
              I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Yager, I agree and apologize for being a part of and fueling this thread hijacking. let's get back to talking about arenas and fans.

I'm curious what people think of the Mack DD arena proposal refusal.

Not just at Merrimack but deals else where (CUA and their basketball/sports complex offered by the Redskins comes to mind). Should campuses give up their own arenas uniqueness of a "college barn" for a prestine pro-like arena funded by a major cooperation.

A big part of me wants to say no, but then again a shiny new arena would be nice and a big selling point
                Last edited by Salvo1017; 11-18-2009, 03:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
                Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

****it! I was told there wouldn't be any math!
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yager, I agree and apologize for being a part of and fueling this thread hijacking. let's get back to talking about arenas and fans.

I'm curious what people think of the Mack DD arena proposal refusal.

Not just at Merrimack but deals else where (CUA and their basketball/sports complex offered by the Redskins comes to mind). Should campuses give up their own arenas uniqueness of a "college barn" for a prestine pro-like arena funded by a major cooperation.

A big part of me wants to say no, but then again a shiny new arena would be nice and a big selling point
                    Well, I don't know about you, but I'd be perfectly fine with a Double D Arena.
                    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                      Well, I don't know about you, but I'd be perfectly fine with a Double D Arena.
                      A great name and it serves donuts? Sounds like a win-win to me!
                      Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Working...
                      X