X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pirate
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    Funner? Yes, he definitely belongs at Northeastern.
    An oldie but: you know what the N in Notheastern stands for? Nowledge!

Leave a comment:

• SkinsFan09
    replied
    Re: Northeastern at Boston University 1/18

Giving up a 5-2 lead is inexcusable but a win is a win and putting up 6 goals without Ludwig Karlsson is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied

“It’s always fun,” Saponari said of beating BU. “I have a lot of friends on the team still. Pretty close with everyone, so there’s always friendly banter back and forth. To get a game-winning goal in any game is fun, but against your friends and former team is always even funner.”
    Funner? Yes, he definitely belongs at Northeastern.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

I have never seen such an aggressive forecheck by NU as I saw in that game. BU simply couldn't deal with it.

Roy is the real deal. Noonan did his best to try to get under his skin.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

If only the whistle isn't blown when the ref lost sight of the puck (which was understandable from his position, but it was lose the whole time) it's 3-1 BU in the 1st and who knows what happens from there.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Husky
    replied

Went to the game,had a great time with the children (one with a Husky dog stuffed animal-cute,good family time),I'm just so stinkin happy for a win,yes a win with some reservations,and big one's but at the end of the night beside myself that they won and at Agganis to boot!

Leave a comment:

• Jacques Joubert
    replied

Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
    From a fans standpoint yes I am happy beating BU but this game didn't exactly instill confidence in me about the Huskies. It's actually quite frightening seeing how quick the wheels can come off for NU. I'm sure everyone from NU from players to fans are happy to get 2 points but also know they were a little lucky to escape with a 6-5 win. Both teams looked like crap.
    I agree. This was a similar "video game like" performance to the Harvard-BU game. Both teams looked really bad but I think NU was more determined, controlled the puck, and had more hop. The better team won for sure.

Leave a comment:

• BrocktonNU
    replied
    Originally posted by Terrance View Post
    In what world does NU not feel good about that win?
    From a fans standpoint yes I am happy beating BU but this game didn't exactly instill confidence in me about the Huskies. It's actually quite frightening seeing how quick the wheels can come off for NU. I'm sure everyone from NU from players to fans are happy to get 2 points but also know they were a little lucky to escape with a 6-5 win. Both teams looked like crap.

Leave a comment:

• RossiRules
    replied

I paid $140 bucks for 4 seats at the glass row 1 in sec 111. I had a great time giving crap to BU kids 25 years younger than me and having actual beers in the concessions. However, we folded like a tent in the 3rd and gave up 3 goals in 5 minutes! That’s unacceptable. Roy, Vinny and Cody are the real deal of course, all are offensively talent and that’s great, but our D, all 3 lines, are very suspect and in every game since the e the Harvard game Rawlings looks lost between the pipes, he really didn’t have a great save all night. So, “yes” happy of course, with 2 points but this was not text book hockey by any means. We got lucky against a BU team that played poorly and had only slighter worse goal tending than us.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

..why don't you worry about your team.. (which gave up 6 goals again).. and we'll worry about ours.. who clearly, is not very good.

Leave a comment:

• Terrance
    replied
    Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
    I don't think either team walks away feeling very good. BU lost to a vastly inferior opponent and was sleep walking for two periods. At the end of the day a win is a win for Northeastern but it was very frustrating watching how quickly they crumbled in the early 3rd period to squander their lead. Must have been an awesome moment for Saponari netting the game winner.

Leave a comment:

• BrocktonNU
    replied

I don't think either team walks away feeling very good. BU lost to a vastly inferior opponent and was sleep walking for two periods. At the end of the day a win is a win for Northeastern but it was very frustrating watching how quickly they crumbled in the early 3rd period to squander their lead. Must have been an awesome moment for Saponari netting the game winner.

Leave a comment:

• Terrance
    replied
    And Maguire gets the start tonight. I won't know how to feel about that until this game is over.
    Bad.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

Originally posted by Mutha Fucha View Post
    Spoke too soon what a crap squad NU is.
    ..correct on both counts..

Leave a comment:

• BrocktonNU
    replied