Clear All

Re: Northeastern at Boston University 1/18

BU 4-3. NU brings a spirited game.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      NU brings a spirited game.
      I think NU will be at their best for one game this weekend, but I'm thinking it will be Saturday in front of a sold out barn. Maybe being on TV will get them going?
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        I'll let you know who I think is going to win this game after the game is over.
        I wanted to see Maguire start this game and I believe it should be a 4-2 BU win, but given the history and consistant inconsistancy of both BU and its goalies (as well as NU and their goalies), trying to make any sort of predictions on this game seems almost pointless. You never know what team will show up. If BU plays like they did earlier in the season and NU plays like they have been, 4-2 BU. If BU plays like they did against Denver, Harvard, or RPI and NU plays like they do whenever they play BU, NU could win.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
          consistant inconsistancy of both BU and its goalies
          The Harvard loss, while bad, is IMO making people forget the relative consistency the rest of the season, they have no other losses (or ties) to teams outside the top 10 (as of a week ago, not sure if DU or UND have dropped slightly out). More than any BU team in recent memory they beat who they are supposed to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            BU 4-3. NU brings a spirited game.
            I'd be ok with this. Whatever happens, hoping that this game drains BU a bit for their Sat night game with Lowell.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

I wanted to see Maguire start this game and I believe it should be a 4-2 BU win.
              Maguire is starting tonight.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                The Harvard loss, while bad, is IMO making people forget the relative consistency the rest of the season, they have no other losses (or ties) to teams outside the top 10 (as of a week ago, not sure if DU or UND have dropped slightly out). More than any BU team in recent memory they beat who they are supposed to beat.
                I absolutely agree with this. But O'Connor has been inconsistant and it's beginning to seem that BU is beginning to revert back to its old self in the second half. BU needs a dominant performance here, not necessarily on the scoreboard (although they need to win), but more in puck posession, goaltending, and discipline to show they have gone back to their early season play.

If I were NU in this game, I'd get chippy (and I'm sure they will), especially with Privatera. Get BU to commit stupid penalties and wear them down on special teams. Hold the puck and play defensive-offense (keep your defenders on defense and maintain posession in the offensive zone) and offensive-defense (high pressure on the forecheck). The last thing NU wants here is high-speed back and forth hockey. If Privatera loses his cool, BU is in trouble.

Comment

I absolutely agree with this. But O'Connor has been inconsistant and it's beginning to seem that BU is beginning to revert back to its old self in the second half.
                  O'Connor has been inconsistent for two games. Let's not forget that prior to the winter break, he started three games in a row against the #1 team in the country, two on the road, and went 2-1. Prior to that, he had two losses all season, to those same #1 teams in the country in which he played relatively well. Yes, he was terrible in the DU game (everyone was), and put forth one of the worst goalie performance I've ever seen here in the Harvard game, but let's not act like this is some long term trend of hot and cold play, it's really relegated to about two games. If you'd asked anyone on this board up until that Denver game who you'd want to see in net for the first Beanpot game, I'd bet nearly everyone would say O'Connor without much hesitation. His play in big games has been the most consistent, while Maguire had been racking up wins against lowly competition. I'm not sure he even faced one true scoring chance in the St. Lawrence game.
                  Last edited by brassbonanza; 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    O'Connor has been inconsistent for two games. Let's not forget that prior to the winter break, he started three games in a row against the #1 team in the country, two on the road, and went 2-1. Prior to that, he had two losses all season, to those same #1 teams in the country in which he played relatively well. Yes, he was terrible in the DU game (everyone was), and put forth one of the worst goalie performance I've ever seen here in the Harvard game, but let's not act like this is some long term trend of hot and cold play, it's really relegated to about two games. If you'd asked anyone on this board up until that Denver game who you'd want to see in net for the first Beanpot game, I'd bet nearly everyone would say O'Connor without much hesitation. His play in big games has been the most consistent, while Maguire had been racking up wins against lowly competition. I'm not sure he even faced one true scoring chance in the St. Lawrence game.
                    Exacatly. O'Connor has been bad for two games, but was the #1 going into that first one against Denver. Now Maguire seems to be the hot goalie. Long-term, the goaltending situation for BU is a very good one. It's looking a lot more like McKersie/Herlofsky (even though they split time with Casman as freshmen) than Millan/Rollheiser.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Our first live game this year tonight (hooray!),just really happy to see some Hockey tonight,I am aware that my Huskies are outmatched on paper,but believe the "any team on any night" possibilities here and hopefully predict a 4-3 Huskies win,with Karlsson back in the lineup and scoresheet with Roy-Go Huskies!!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        O'Connor has been inconsistent for two games.
                        False. He consistently gave up 6 goals in both of those games,

Comment

Wow through 2 pleasantly surprised. BU looks completely flat and is absolutely getting outworked by NU. Ferriero with a filthy dangle, albeit a little lucky on that 5th goal. As happy as I am with the Huskies performance so far it can always change with a poor showing in the 3rd along with BU maybe waking up for at least 1 period this game.
                          Last edited by BrocktonNU; 01-18-2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
                            Wow through 2 pleasantly surprised. BU looks completely flat and is absolutely getting outworked by NU. Ferriero with a filthy dangle, albeit a little lucky on that 5th goal. As happy as I am with the Huskies performance so far it can always change with a poor showing in the 3rd along with BU maybe waking up for at least 1 period this came.
                            Spoke too soon what a crap squad NU is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutha Fucha View Post
                              Spoke too soon, or saw it coming?

Comment

Originally posted by Mutha Fucha View Post
                                ..correct on both counts..
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X