X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross cheque
    replied
    Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    *****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Burd_Goat.jpg******
    Where's the jersey pop?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Burd_Goat.jpg******

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• cross cheque
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
    I have to say it was nice to have someone competent covering the Team while the NHL was locked out.
    I agree. Russo is one of the best. Says what is on his mind. Same with LaVelle with the Twins and Chip with the Vikings. All guys that came from other markets and don't have an emotional attachment to the team they cover. Fans covering teams should stick to blogging IMO.

Leave a comment:

• GopherBigGuy911
    replied
    Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Again, I don't think he was referring to the things players do. Not sure how many times that needs to be said. And Hammy really isn't a reporter, so I don't see the correlation. Not sure about what he was referring to, but don't care enough to make a huge deal about it. It's between him and Schlossman.

And I don't think you'll find many Gopher fans who will defend Roman's reporting. Then again, we aren't über-sensitive about criticism of reporters who cover our team either.

Bottom line, as a reporter if you take everything you read on message boards (especially those of teams other than for the team you cover) personally, your career is going to feel like an eternity.

I admire the Strib for hiring reporters from outside the market. It is my opinion that you shouldn't be a huge fan of the team you cover. You tend to take criticism of the team and your reporting too personally. It's just a job.
    I have to say it was nice to have someone competent covering the Team while the NHL was locked out.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    The only people Schloss may have harmed his reputation with are Gopher fans and I sort of doubt they were on his side to begin with.

As far as the article, it's stating what everyone already knew. It's akin to saying Abraham Lincoln will not be running for President of the United States......unless he rises from the dead. UND will not be bringing the nickname back and will continue to play Wisconsin.
    Frankly, I found the count more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Stop taking everything so personally!
    I'm not. Issue really isn't a personal one.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Not next year though. Nickname issue wasn't resolved in time. That, or Eaves has another son somewhere he needed to schedule a game against next year and this is just an excuse
    Stop taking everything so personally!

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    The only people Schloss may have harmed his reputation with are Gopher fans and I sort of doubt they were on his side to begin with.

As far as the article, it's stating what everyone already knew. It's akin to saying Abraham Lincoln will not be running for President of the United States......unless he rises from the dead. UND will not be bringing the nickname back and will continue to play Wisconsin.
    Not next year though. Nickname issue wasn't resolved in time. That, or Eaves has another son somewhere he needed to schedule a game against next year and this is just an excuse

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Except Hammy isn't "some rube". He has a considerable following and is entrenched inside the Gopher hockey program. He has dozens upon dozens of contacts. He has far more weight in the media than you're giving him credit.
    I wasn't referring to Hammy when I said "rubes". I was referring to people like myself whom Schlossman has taken remarks about UND too personally in the past. I am the definition of a rube, and I'll own up to that.

I give Hammy all the credit in the World for what he does. My point was, he isn't "media", so it isn't his job to dig up stories on Gopher players. I have no problem if people criticize Roman for not being thorough enough, because he isn't. And not just on the bad stuff.

But he did just blast Lucia recently on the UND rivalry ending (although he was cluelessly off base on doing so). Meanwhile Schlossman made some pretty outlandish remarks about Lucia and the Gophers in reference to the rivalry that I thought was poor reporting. Classic example IMO of Brad the fan getting in the way of Brad the reporter.

Hammy offered his opinion on something on a Gopher message board. He has no obligation to readers to clarify further. In fact I think he did the right thing by diffusing the situation. That was my point.

If Brad had a huge problem with it, I would have sent Hammy a DM on Twitter to discuss privately. Instead he escalated something that otherwise was getting relatively little attention. But that's me. Gets back to my point. Can't take this stuff too personally.
    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 01-29-2013, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Badgers hockey: North Dakota in future scheduling mix — if it drops 'Fighting Sioux' nickname

I can't believe the Gophers didn't just take a chance.

Oh, and Schlossman did his rep no favors and that has nothing to do with Hammy.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Except Hammy isn't "some rube". He has a considerable following and is entrenched inside the Gopher hockey program. He has dozens upon dozens of contacts. He has far more weight in the media than you're giving him credit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X