This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    The only people Schloss may have harmed his reputation with are Gopher fans and I sort of doubt they were on his side to begin with.

As far as the article, it's stating what everyone already knew. It's akin to saying Abraham Lincoln will not be running for President of the United States......unless he rises from the dead. UND will not be bringing the nickname back and will continue to play Wisconsin.
    Not next year though. Nickname issue wasn't resolved in time. That, or Eaves has another son somewhere he needed to schedule a game against next year and this is just an excuse
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Not next year though. Nickname issue wasn't resolved in time. That, or Eaves has another son somewhere he needed to schedule a game against next year and this is just an excuse
      Stop taking everything so personally!
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Stop taking everything so personally!
        I'm not. Issue really isn't a personal one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          The only people Schloss may have harmed his reputation with are Gopher fans and I sort of doubt they were on his side to begin with.

As far as the article, it's stating what everyone already knew. It's akin to saying Abraham Lincoln will not be running for President of the United States......unless he rises from the dead. UND will not be bringing the nickname back and will continue to play Wisconsin.
          Frankly, I found the count more interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Again, I don't think he was referring to the things players do. Not sure how many times that needs to be said. And Hammy really isn't a reporter, so I don't see the correlation. Not sure about what he was referring to, but don't care enough to make a huge deal about it. It's between him and Schlossman.

And I don't think you'll find many Gopher fans who will defend Roman's reporting. Then again, we aren't über-sensitive about criticism of reporters who cover our team either.

Bottom line, as a reporter if you take everything you read on message boards (especially those of teams other than for the team you cover) personally, your career is going to feel like an eternity.

I admire the Strib for hiring reporters from outside the market. It is my opinion that you shouldn't be a huge fan of the team you cover. You tend to take criticism of the team and your reporting too personally. It's just a job.
            I have to say it was nice to have someone competent covering the Team while the NHL was locked out.
            - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
            Go you Green and White
            Go Bemidji Beavers
            Fight with all your might!
            Rah! Rah! Rah!
            We are here to cheer you
            We are out to win your fame,
            So, Go Bemidji Beavers
            Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
              I have to say it was nice to have someone competent covering the Team while the NHL was locked out.
              I agree. Russo is one of the best. Says what is on his mind. Same with LaVelle with the Twins and Chip with the Vikings. All guys that came from other markets and don't have an emotional attachment to the team they cover. Fans covering teams should stick to blogging IMO.

Comment

"The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Comment

Comment

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Burd_Goat.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        *****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Burd_Goat.jpg******
                        Where's the jersey pop?
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                        X