This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    But what if UND changes their name to the Fighting Ditka's?
    You totally redeemed yourself with this one. Nice work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Yeah, they capitalized. Doesn't mean they would have scored even strength. Just saying obviously UAA was in position to win the game with 5 minutes left. So maybe they beat the Gophers 1 or maybe 2 times out of ten. So to say the Gophers beat UND 9 out of 10 games is PREPOSTEROUS.

Is your hypothetical banner that "Jan Brady U" is hanging going next to the "Yay, we beat the Gophers. Our season is complete" banner that you Gophers fans have imagined.
      As Gopher fans, we have no reason to imagine banners.

Comment

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Okay, now let's get back to my point. Do you think the Gophers beat UND 9 times out of 10?
        Sorry, I was rewatching the 3rd period from last night. And, yes I think the Gophers win 90% of the games played against that UND team if both teams play to their potential. The biggest difference is defense and goaltending. That is where the games between these two teams are won and lost. UND is worse in those facets and loses.
        Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
        Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Is the defense for UND that bad? Granted this is one game, but my sources say they have underperformed this year. Could next year be worse?

MacWilliam - Graduating
          Forbort - Flight Risk? He isn't developing. Is it time to bolt?
          Simpson - Flight Risk?
          Gleason - Graduating

With only LaDue and Crisfield coming in would they accelerate Keaton Thompson? In looking at other future D recruits Hak is still going after the big, burly D that may have the same foot speed as me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mills View Post
            Is the defense for UND that bad?
            No.

As for next year, Forbort could leave early. I think he has played extremely solid this year, with the exception of 1 game. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back for a senior season.

I would be surprised if Simpson left early. He is very young (19) for being a junior. He has played better this season, and seems to be improving quite a bit since his Freshman season.

Losing MacWilliam and Gleason will certainly hurt, but I also expect the rest of our blueline to continue to improve. I wouldn't mind seeing Panzarella get more ice time...he's very similar to MacWilliam in my opinion. Add LaDue and Crisfield (and potentially Thompson) and the blueliners should be better.

Also, in looking at this years d-corps, keep in mind that we had a change in coaching there. I think that is at least partially responsible for the below average (for UND) numbers defensively...primarily in shots allowed.

Either way, it's an interesting question, and could certainly be an issue for next season.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

d3photography's gallery from last night's game... http://www.d3photography.com/photos/4103

I hope enjoy it as much as we did making it happen - we'll be back tonight.
              (sorry for the repost - fixed the URL)
              Ryan Coleman
              Publisher, d3photography.com
              Photos: For Purchase
              Facebook
              Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Okay, now let's get back to my point. Do you think the Gophers beat UND 9 times out of 10?
                Just to be clear I was talking about the men's team. I'm not sure the UND men could beat the Minnesota women's team more than 50% of the time but they would sure give us a run for our money.
                Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

I think the 90% idea is preposterous. No way the Gophs could win that high a percentage. Or ar we still competing for the most over-top-statement?

Comment

60% of the time, we beat them every time.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      I think the 90% idea is preposterous. No way the Gophs could win that high a percentage. Or ar we still competing for the most over-top-statement?
                      Arrogance inflates all statistics.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

I don't go to Culvers very often. Any Whioux fans want my tickets from last night for some free Culvers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          By the way, watching the Eagan goalie, I think since the Goph don't get to play outside today, in the spirit of Hockey Day in MN, Wilcox should wear a stocking cap over his helmet.
                          Watched that game. Where's that Gleinke kid going? Looked like a man among boys out there. Silly.
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                            I don't go to Culvers very often. Any Whioux fans want my tickets from last night for some free Culvers?
                            *****http://i46.tinypic.com/nzrfhw.jpg******
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

25 Mitch MacMillan–10 Corban Knight–7 Danny Kristo
                              16 Mark MacMillan–27 Carter Rowney–15 Michael Parks
                              9 Drake Caggiula–28 Stephane Pattyn–19 Rocco Grimaldi
                              8 Dan Senkbeil–17 Colton St. Clair–11 Derek Rodwell

2 Andrew MacWilliam–5 Nick Mattson
                              18 Dillon Simpson–20 Joe Gleason
                              4 Derek Forbort–24 Jordan Schmaltz

31 Zane Gothberg
                              33 Clarke Saunders

Well, I guess we'll get to see what St. Clair and Gothberg get to do. Personally, I don't know if St. Clair is a good fit on the 4th line. If we're not going to pair Grimaldi with two high end finishers, I would prefer to see St. Clair with Grimaldi and Caggiula...that line was pretty strong earlier in the season.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                *****http://i46.tinypic.com/nzrfhw.jpg******
                                LOL!

Leaving for the game in 10 minutes. I guess Whioux fans can always use the tickets from tonight for Culvers...

Comment

Working...
                                X