This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Absurd. While I think the Gophers are the better team, to say they would win 9 out of 10 games is absurd. The Gophers would have lost to UAA last friday without a questionable call at the end of the game. UND was tied with the Gophers in the standings for a reason. They are a good team. If they get a little more luck tonight, they can win. And the Gophers will have to put a hold on the banners they seem to be already starting to raise.
    Worst case scenario that "questionable call" was only a minor and the Gophers tie the game and go to overtime with momentum.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
      On another note, I wonder if the Sioux fan who at the beginning of the year was saying Budish wasn't very good and couldn't make the UND second line has changed his opinion.
      To be fair, he didn't know Mitch MacMillan would be on the first line. Had he known that he would have tried to get Josh Birkholz another year of eligibility and recommended him for captain.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        The sky is yellow and the earth is flat. (Do I win now?)
        How about "North Dakota plays clean Hockey" ... winner winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          Wrong. You have no way of knowing if the Gophers would have lost to UAA, there was still 4 minutes or so left in the 3rd (plenty of time to tie it up) and good teams capitalize on others mistakes. No one is hanging banners yet, that is what Jan Brady U does not the Gophers, sorry sport.
          Yeah, they capitalized. Doesn't mean they would have scored even strength. Just saying obviously UAA was in position to win the game with 5 minutes left. So maybe they beat the Gophers 1 or maybe 2 times out of ten. So to say the Gophers beat UND 9 out of 10 games is PREPOSTEROUS.

Is your hypothetical banner that "Jan Brady U" is hanging going next to the "Yay, we beat the Gophers. Our season is complete" banner that you Gophers fans have imagined.
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

By the way, watching the Eagan goalie, I think since the Goph don't get to play outside today, in the spirit of Hockey Day in MN, Wilcox should wear a stocking cap over his helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Yeah, they capitalized. Doesn't mean they would have scored even strength. Just saying obviously UAA was in position to win the game with 5 minutes left. So maybe they beat the Gophers 1 or maybe 2 times out of ten. So to say the Gophers beat UND 9 out of 10 games is PREPOSTEROUS.

Is your hypothetical banner that "Jan Brady U" is hanging going next to the "Yay, we beat the Gophers. Our season is complete" banner that you Gophers fans have imagined.
              That banner as well as the "we won an NCAA game" banner, yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                Worst case scenario that "questionable call" was only a minor and the Gophers tie the game and go to overtime with momentum.
                I would say "worst case scenario" is that the refs decide the Gopher player turned his back as the UAA player got there, they call nothing, and the Gophers lose 3-2. But I guess in your world, there is no possible way the Gophers lose to UAA, so if they were down 5-0, they probably still squeak out a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  The sky is yellow and the earth is flat. (Do I win now?)
                  Compared to what he said, no, you're going to have to do a HELL of a lot better...
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Compared to what he said, no, you're going to have to do a HELL of a lot better...
                    Yeah, I give up.

Comment

I would say "worst case scenario" is that the refs decide the Gopher player turned his back as the UAA player got there, they call nothing, and the Gophers lose 3-2. But I guess in your world, there is no possible way the Gophers lose to UAA, so if they were down 5-0, they probably still squeak out a tie.
                      I heard no one question whether it was a penalty. You could have called boarding, charging, or an elbow. Controversy was whether it was a major. And bottom line, Gophers capitalized. The refs didn't put the goals on the board. Give credit where do.

And show me where I said the Gophers are incapable of losing to Anchorage? Seriously, this is getting comical.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                        I heard no one question whether it was a penalty. You could have called boarding, charging, or an elbow. Controversy was whether it was a major. And bottom line, Gophers capitalized. The refs didn't put the goals on the board. Give credit where do.

And show me where I said the Gophers are incapable of losing to Anchorage? Seriously, this is getting comical.
                        Okay, now let's get back to my point. Do you think the Gophers beat UND 9 times out of 10?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                          That banner as well as the "we won an NCAA game" banner, yep.
                          I think the imaginary banners now outnumber the actual banners that St. Cloud State has hanging.

Comment

Okay, now let's get back to my point. Do you think the Gophers beat UND 9 times out of 10?
                            Yes.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

But what if UND changes their name to the Fighting Ditka's?
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

No, but I don't see any situation where they lose that game against Anchorage either. Which was my point.

I think the Gophers are better than UND, but not 9/10 games better. Like I said before, the Gophers and UND are pretty evenly matched offensively. Gophers might be a little bit deeper offensively. But the Gophers are a better defensive team, especially when it comes to goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X