Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    I guess I must be listening to a different type of station than you.
    Some people must have been able to get married and have kids... I know I hear the song all the time. It must be a lonely life sitting around by yourself, fuming about why the Gophers are better than your favorite team.
    Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
    Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      One nice thing about the rivalry ending is going to be not hearing gopher fans whine about the big bad mean UND boys picking on their little skirt-wearing pansies of hockey players they follow...
      UND fans are like that chick you break up with that keeps calling and leaving you sob messages asking to take her back when you've already started banging her best friend. All the while telling all your mutual friends that she didn't like you anyways.

It's sad.

I'm going to miss this rivalry as much as anyone, but all of the whining and fairy tales being told by UND fans is growing tiresome.

It's over. We left, you courted us for a non-conference agreement, but got rejected. Move on. We'll see you again one day

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        UND fans are like that chick you break up with that keeps calling and leaving you sob messages asking to take her back when you've already started banging her best friend. All the while telling all your mutual friends that she didn't like you anyways.
        So you're saying Don is banging Mario? Ewww.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          How many cool points do you lose for knowing a Taylor swift song? I would think cool points would be hard to come by as a st cloud fan.
          Whioux is this Taylor Swift guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
            Don't know him, he must be a Whioux fan though if his songs are crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
              Don't know him, he must be a Whioux fan though if his songs are crappy.
              This would be the perfect opportunity to continue the fanbase saga, but it's gameday people!!!

Anyone want to talk actual hockey?
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                Some people must have been able to get married and have kids... I know I hear the song all the time. It must be a lonely life sitting around by yourself, fuming about why the Gophers are better than your favorite team.
                Well I imagine he's in a part of Hostile and Abusiveland where the only radio station he gets doesn't play that song. In civilization we get music more modern than 1973.

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                He's a defenseman for either Colgate or Dartmouth, one of those ****ty EZAC schools. He's real easy to spot, when he takes off his helmet he looks like Mr. Ed.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  This would be the perfect opportunity to continue the fanbase saga, but it's gameday people!!!

Why ruin such a quality stream of trash talk and chirping with game talk? That's crazy!

Comment

I love that this thread has posts from so many schools. We've got the two participants (UND, UMN) plus what seems like every other member of the WCHA participating (SCSU, UW, UMD, DU, MSU-M, UAA), there's even posts from a WMU fan.

Although, I am sort of surprised the Techies haven't said anything yet.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Well I imagine he's in a part of Hostile and Abusiveland where the only radio station he gets doesn't play that song. In civilization we get music more modern than 1973.
                      Just think how much you'll enjoy not having to play that song when you move! Simon and Garfunkle all day every day!
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

This is one of the best Gopher teams I've seen in a very long time. In fact, I'm thinking it may be the best I've seen since the Robb Stauber years. Like those teams of the late '80's, this Gopher team does not seem to have any weaknesses other than complacency. They have moments when they get bored and start thinking about their press clippings. A team that works hard can get the jump on them if the boredom lasts long enough. It's the only way they're dropped games this year. Against the Whioux, there won't be any complacency. However, the Whioux are a quality team in their own right. Also, this is a Hakstool coached team after Christmas. It's uncanny how hard to beat the Whioux are in the 2nd half. At least until April. Anyway, you can't look at the up to date season results of these 2 teams and think it will play out like their games against other opponents. There's a different mindset for both teams for this series compared to series' with other teams. I'm not sure what to expect because I haven't seen the Whioux yet. Is Corbin Knight the dominating player Whioux fans describe, or is he the same player I remember from last year who is very good but not scary? Is Danny Kristo the same dominating player I do remember? Has Rocco Grimaldi become the player everyone was predicting? Has anyone else stepped up? If it's the same Whioux team as last year, I predict a sweep for Minnesota. If the Wioux are greatly improved over last year, a split is a more likely prediction. However, I've seen how much better Minnesota is over last year. For that, I'm sticking with a sweep prediction. 3-2 Friday and 6-3 Saturday.
                        Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        Ski yo momma!
                        Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
                        Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

If Haula is healthy and the Gophers can refrain from retaliating from all the cheap shots the whioux will most certainly take after the whistle, I think our PP (25%) and Wilcox will carry us to a sweep. If we get into a wrestling match (the style the whioux love to play) instead of playing actual hockey then it's a split.

Comment

Actual hockey talk? That doesn't make much sense with these two teams but here goes.

Minnesota is the better team on paper but the North Dakotas are technically ahead in the WCHA standings (tie breakers) and have played a harder schedule. I think it comes down to goal-tending this weekend and I give the Gophers the advantage. A sweep by either team will be a huge boost for the winner both in the standings and team confidence.

Waiting to see if Haula plays. Last I heard it was a game-time decision and the coaches would rather hold him out than aggravate the injury.

No word yet on who the refs will be giving the game away to but every game the refs are against the Whioux so why would this be different? (I couldn't help myself)

It will be disappointing for both programs to have to wait for the next regular season series but you can bet the the NCAA will do everything in their power to match up the Gophers and the North Dakotas in a regional if they can. You haven't seen the last of us...
                            Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                            Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                              This is one of the best Gopher teams I've seen in a very long time. In fact, I'm thinking it may be the best I've seen since the Robb Stauber years. Like those teams of the late '80's, this Gopher team does not seem to have any weaknesses other than complacency. They have moments when they get bored and start thinking about their press clippings. A team that works hard can get the jump on them if the boredom lasts long enough. It's the only way they're dropped games this year. Against the Whioux, there won't be any complacency. However, the Whioux are a quality team in their own right. Also, this is a Hakstool coached team after Christmas. It's uncanny how hard to beat the Whioux are in the 2nd half. At least until April. Anyway, you can't look at the up to date season results of these 2 teams and think it will play out like their games against other opponents. There's a different mindset for both teams for this series compared to series' with other teams. I'm not sure what to expect because I haven't seen the Whioux yet. Is Corbin Knight the dominating player Whioux fans describe, or is he the same player I remember from last year who is very good but not scary? Is Danny Kristo the same dominating player I do remember? Has Rocco Grimaldi become the player everyone was predicting? Has anyone else stepped up? If it's the same Whioux team as last year, I predict a sweep for Minnesota. If the Wioux are greatly improved over last year, a split is a more likely prediction. However, I've seen how much better Minnesota is over last year. For that, I'm sticking with a sweep prediction. 3-2 Friday and 6-3 Saturday.
                              In looking at Minnesota, I was expecting them to be more of an offensive power than they have been this season. That being said, the Gophers have been getting much better goaltending than I thought they would. The Minnesota blueline is tremendous as well, but they are prone to letting some big mistakes happen. All together, this is definitely a very talented Minnesota squad. I always thought the '06 and '07 Gopher squads didn't get their fair share of credit for just how good they were. That being said, this Gopher squad gets it done in a completely different way. FWIW, I don't think this Minnesota team is the best team in the country right now, but they are capable of being that team. We'll find out a lot about just how good Minnesota is this weekend.

As for North Dakota, I don't feel that Corban Knight is a "dominating player" or even a "scary" player. However, he is constantly putting pucks in the net or on the sticks of guys for near empty net goals. As a result, if I'm Minnesota, my focus would be on Knight...he's the engine that makes the top-line and powerplay go. As for Danny Kristo, he is that dominating and scary player that teams worry about. He is deadly with the puck, and he creates havoc for the opposing defense. If he gets going, he's the best player in college hockey; however, he has a tendency to get frustrated if things don't go very well. I think of him almost as a Randy Moss (in his prime) type player. That being said, he's improved his attitude tremendously in his time at North Dakota. Turning to Rocco, he has shown flashes of brilliance, but I don't think North Dakota uses him properly. IMO, UND should pop Grimaldi on a line with Rowney and Parks. However, Grimaldi is still a pest in neutral ice, and dangerous in the offensive zone. He does tend to get too cute from time to time. As for the rest of the team, they are far deeper and more talented than last year's squad. That being said, they haven't played with as much heart as last year's squad just yet.

If North Dakota comes out and plays like they did against Holy Cross on Friday, nobody in the country will beat them...not even Minnesota. In watching college hockey this season, that was by far the best performance of any college hockey team I've seen play this entire season. However, if North Dakota comes out and plays like they did Friday against CC, the Gophers will destroy them. Overall, I feel that Minnesota has been more consistent this season, while North Dakota has a higher upside. If both teams play up to their abilities, on neutral (NHL size) ice, I would give UND a slight edge. However, the biggest factor in this series is likely the big ice. I see that giving the Gophers an enormous advantage, and one that will likely propel them to a sweep. I think tonight's game is likely to be the closer of the two, so I think your scores are probably pretty close to how I see it shaking down as well. That being said, I would literally not be surprised by any result, including a North Dakota sweep. Hopefully it's a well played series, and has the intensity and drama that the finale of the rivalry deserves.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                Just think how much you'll enjoy not having to play that song when you move! Simon and Garfunkle all day every day!
                                In the clearing stands a Gopher
                                And a diver by his trade
                                And he carries the reminders
                                Of ev'ry Sioux that layed him down
                                Or cut him till he cried out
                                In his anger and his shame
                                "I am whining, I am whining"
                                But the Sioux will still remain

Classic Simon and Garfunkle
                                I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X