Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I mentioned on GPL, if there is any justice in the hockey world, these two teams meet up in the F5 final.
    Now THAT would be a truly fitting finale to the WCHA as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
      Now THAT would be a truly fitting finale to the WCHA as we know it.
      If that happened, Sloe Gin and I were talking, and to get us to NOT go to that game, bidding for tix would prob have to start at about $500.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
        This Gopher team couldn't have beaten mites tonight, pathetic.
        This. Nice of the Whioux to choke away that point. That's going to cost them big time.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          This. Nice of the Whioux to choke away that point. That's going to cost them big time.
          Glass change, good sir?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
            Glass change, good sir?
            Had to sweep to get over 100. I think we'll go with 99.9.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              I don't have to live vicariously through UND, Slap Dick. SCSU is tied for first place.

I don't like UND any more or less than I like the Gophers. Just pointing out the absurdity of Gophers fans saying their team would beat UND 90% of the time.
              It was "play to their potential" which rarely happens so it will be tough to dispute. Plus, the teams will need to meet up again AND have the Whioux win to even make an argument at all. Since the Gophers will any future matchup I still say I am right.

The U and the Whioux need to figure out a schedule.
              Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
              Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Ties are for wearing with a suit. Hope the NCHC has shootouts.
                On Friday, I would have been satisfied with a point out of the weekend, but to miss getting two with a two goal lead and less than ten to go is almost unforgivable. Still, I was expecting to see them get swept, so better one than none. Hats off to Minny for the epic come from behind to tie it up; they should send their thanks to Mr. Pipes for the OT help. Thought Gothberg played very well for a frosh and in a huge game; we sure love having MN boys play for us! And finally, sad to see this era end. Win or lose, the best hockey memories are from Sioux/Gopher games. Til we meet again.......
                "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo Baggins

Comment

How much emotional satisfaction does winning a shoot-out really provide?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    None.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      None. It's a terrible concept and I will never accept it as a legtimate way to finish a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        None. It's a terrible concept and I will never accept it as a legtimate way to finish a game.
                        This. Unless they turned off the lights in the arena. Then that'd be kinda cool.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Turning a team game into a skills competition is just gross. Eff that.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            I don't have to live vicariously through UND, Slap Dick. SCSU is tied for first place.

I don't like UND any more or less than I like the Gophers. Just pointing out the absurdity of Gophers fans saying their team would beat UND 90% of the time.
                            And way to blow that 2 goal 3rd period lead...dicks.
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Dear UND - Wonderful series, look forward to seeing you again real soon.
                              BTW, we checked lost and found- it appears someone left a point behind. Ask around will you.

Sincerely,
                              The "State of Hockey"

Comment

Hats off to three generations of a great rivalry. Fantastic hockey and memories. Hopefully, some of that will be preserved in the New Order.

Good luck to the Gophs going forward. With a limited exception, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X