Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Tie game? MN was obviously only at 50% tonight.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Didn't get to see either game, but I have to assume the reffing was terrible last night and so-so tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        No. I think I'd puke if I had to watch anymore DU hockey than I already do.

Well, that was certainly a much better effort by North Dakota. Of course, it's always disappointing giving up a 2-goal lead with less than 10 to play, but I can't say I was surprised. A draw was probably the correct result, as I thought play was relatively even. I wouldn't be surprised if these two squads met up for the Broadmoor, but North Dakota is going to have to play significantly better than they did this weekend if they want to get a top 2-3 seed in the conference. I think playing on NHL ice would make a world of difference, but you might get the same results.

Well done by Minnesota to come back and get the game tied. They certainly deserved 3 points this weekend. I don't see any way that they don't win the MacNaughton. The Gophers are definitely one of the best team we've played all season, although I don't think the Gophers played their best hockey this weekend. They definitely let Wilcox out to dry a couple times, and no goalie is going to make every one of those saves. That being said, their depth is quite impressive. While I think the top lines were relatively even, Minnesota's 3rd and 4th lines dominated North Dakota's bottom lines. That will help you guys out tremendously come March and April.

Anyway, Congratulations to Minnesota on the 3 points. Overall, the Gophers were the better team this weekend, and I have to say that I'm happy with the point (although 2 would have been like stealing). Good luck the rest of the way, unless we meet again of course. And please...crush Denver.
        I have a friend who lives in the Cherry Creek area who has DU season tickets and he only goes to Minnesota games and maybe UND or CC.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Nice capstone game to one of the most exciting and physical series rivalries ever in college hockey history. This weekend’s series between two perennial titans of the WCHA lived up to the hype with the Gophers coming from 2 goals down for the tie in a playoff like atmosphere tonight at the Mooch (Grade A-). UND played a much more physical, open ended game tonight and nearly put the game away, but Grimaldi and Kristo hit the post late in the game. Nate Condon gets my vote for the star this weekend, with G and 2A last night, and the tying G and an A tonight for a 5 pt. weekend. His speed, puck handling and leadership on the ice have been an added bonus for this talented Gopher team over the last few games. Adam Wilcox played sensational this weekend, making big save after big save and continues to be the backstop this team needs for a deep run in the playoffs (Grade A).

Undoubtedly, this historic battle series will be remembered and missed by all Gopher and UND fans as the epitome of what a college rivalry is all about. However, I suspect we will see these two teams clash again for round 2 at the F5.

Bring on the purple cows!

Go Gophers

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            Nice capstone game to one of the most exciting and physical series rivalries ever in college hockey history. This weekend’s series between two perennial titans of the WCHA lived up to the hype with the Gophers coming from 2 goals down for the tie in a playoff like atmosphere tonight at the Mooch (Grade A-). UND played a much more physical, open ended game tonight and nearly put the game away, but Grimaldi and Kristo hit the post late in the game. Nate Condon gets my vote for the star this weekend, with G and 2A last night, and the tying G and an A tonight for a 5 pt. weekend. His speed, puck handling and leadership on the ice have been an added bonus for this talented Gopher team over the last few games. Adam Wilcox played sensational this weekend, making big save after big save and continues to be the backstop this team needs for a deep run in the playoffs (Grade A).

Undoubtedly, this historic battle series will be remembered and missed by all Gopher and UND fans as the epitome of what a college rivalry is all about. However, I suspect we will see these two teams clash again for round 2 at the F5.

Bring on the purple cows!

Go Gophers
            Hope so, could be one for the ages.
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Good. Hopefully tonight's game lives up to the rivalry. Good luck to your Gophers, although I'm not sure if they need it.
              Yeah... tonight DEFINITELY lived up to it. Hard fought by both teams, lots of skill displayed on both sides, and plenty of good, solid hits all around without anything dirty. I think both coaches probably went out of their way to make sure their teams didn't take stupid penalties for hits to the head/slashes/boarding/etc. Both these teams are dangerous on the PP, so staying out of the box was important.

And nights like tonight are why I LOATHE B1G GRrrrrrrrrrrr... toss this away so schools that don't even have hockey teams can squeeze out a little more money from BTN... just disgusts me.

Hopefully scheduling space opens to keep MN and NoDak playing on a regular basis... absolute travesty to lose this kind of rivalry.

See you in St Paul when March rolls around.... pretty sure we'll both be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Funny watching Dippsy McStupid living vicariously through UND. Go Jan!!

Gophers need a 3rd period like they had last night or it's splitsville.
                I don't have to live vicariously through UND, Slap Dick. SCSU is tied for first place.

I don't like UND any more or less than I like the Gophers. Just pointing out the absurdity of Gophers fans saying their team would beat UND 90% of the time.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Even after basically zoning out for an hour, unplugged from the interwebs....still jacked up.

Oh, how I will miss this series. What a weekend of hockey.

UND probably should have won tonight, they carried the majority of the play, even if just by that much. Very happy with 3 points, given the opponent.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Great game. Gothberg played much better than Saunders last night. Gramaldi also looked much better, great snipe by him. Also by Knight.

Comment

Highlights: Gophers 4, UND 4. Check out the fan at 1:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        I don't like UND any more or less than I like the Gophers. Just pointing out the absurdity of Gophers fans saying their team would beat UND 90% of the time.
                        If you think that's how it was framed have it. I'd prefer to think the context was if these two current rosters both had their A games that MN would come out on top more often than not. 90% might be a bit much but, que sera sera.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                          Highlights: Gophers 4, UND 4. Check out the fan at 1:03.

He should've flexed his muscles and yelled "Whatcha gonna do North Dakota when my 13 inch pythons run wild on you?"
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Okay, what the eff is this?

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/D-Baggery.jpg******

Whatever it is, it sure looks cool!

Great game tonight btw. Other than the Sioux blowing it and hitting two posts in OT.

Gotta win that game.

In all honesty, I will also miss this rivalry. Always my favorite non-Badger games to watch.

Comment

I mentioned on GPL, if there is any justice in the hockey world, these two teams meet up in the F5 final.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I mentioned on GPL, if there is any justice in the hockey world, these two teams' busses crash head on and explode killing everyone on the way to the F5 play-in game.

fyp

Comment

Working...
                                X