Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
    Interesting - why didn't you go to UND for law school?
    I have a house and family down in Colorado. I think my wife might kill me if we moved up to North Dakota.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I have a house and family down in Colorado. I think my wife might kill me if we moved up to North Dakota.
      She is a smart woman ;-)
      - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
      Go you Green and White
      Go Bemidji Beavers
      Fight with all your might!
      Rah! Rah! Rah!
      We are here to cheer you
      We are out to win your fame,
      So, Go Bemidji Beavers
      Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
        She is a smart woman ;-)
        Yeah, she went to school down in the Cities, and learned to hate the cold.
        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          No. I go to the University of Denver for law school. I got my doctorate at CU. I went to North Dakota for undergrad, and grew up in Minot.

My brother does oil and gas law up in Bismarck.
          Are you a DU season ticket holder?
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Funny watching Dippsy McStupid living vicariously through UND. Go Jan!!

Gophers need a 3rd period like they had last night or it's splitsville.

Comment

Nice tie but from a gopher perspective it might be their worst game of the year.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                Nice tie but from a gopher perspective it might be their worst game of the year.
                My thought exactly. They couldn't have beaten a team of fetuses. UND played great. If MN had managed to put in at least two minutes of even sub-par play, they could have won by 17.

Comment

I see what you did there.

Not happy with a tie.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Poetic and great ending to the rivalry. Holy Sh*. I'm exhausted from watching. What a *ing game.

Congrats to the Whioux for a helluva game. I'm having trouble finding the words to describe how great a game this was.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This Gopher team couldn't have beaten mites tonight, pathetic.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

For me, when these 2 play, it's like Alien vs. Predator ("Whoever wins, we all lose"), but I admit, that was one very entertaining game, exciting, well-played game. Now, you guys can go back to whining about how you both played like crap, and you should have won by 11 goals.

Comment

A. M. A. Z. I. N. G. GAME.

I still think they should have kept going, and leave it as a tie in the PWR and WCHA standings regardless of the winner. Going for nothing but bragging rights. Would have been an awesome end to this series in the WCHA.

Hard not to be romantic about Gopher-Sioux hockey.

Yes, I meant to type "Sioux."
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Too bad it wasn't a playoff game... I want more
                            - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Go you Green and White
                            Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Fight with all your might!
                            Rah! Rah! Rah!
                            We are here to cheer you
                            We are out to win your fame,
                            So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                              This Gopher team couldn't have beaten mites tonight, pathetic.
                              Rocco played. IALTO

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Are you a DU season ticket holder?
                                No. I think I'd puke if I had to watch anymore DU hockey than I already do.

Well, that was certainly a much better effort by North Dakota. Of course, it's always disappointing giving up a 2-goal lead with less than 10 to play, but I can't say I was surprised. A draw was probably the correct result, as I thought play was relatively even. I wouldn't be surprised if these two squads met up for the Broadmoor, but North Dakota is going to have to play significantly better than they did this weekend if they want to get a top 2-3 seed in the conference. I think playing on NHL ice would make a world of difference, but you might get the same results.

Well done by Minnesota to come back and get the game tied. They certainly deserved 3 points this weekend. I don't see any way that they don't win the MacNaughton. The Gophers are definitely one of the best team we've played all season, although I don't think the Gophers played their best hockey this weekend. They definitely let Wilcox out to dry a couple times, and no goalie is going to make every one of those saves. That being said, their depth is quite impressive. While I think the top lines were relatively even, Minnesota's 3rd and 4th lines dominated North Dakota's bottom lines. That will help you guys out tremendously come March and April.

Anyway, Congratulations to Minnesota on the 3 points. Overall, the Gophers were the better team this weekend, and I have to say that I'm happy with the point (although 2 would have been like stealing). Good luck the rest of the way, unless we meet again of course. And please...crush Denver.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X