X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    So if the Herald doesn't report something UND players do, they are covering it up. While if the Star Tribune doesn't report something Minnesota players do, it's because they are too busy? Both papers have a reporter who covers the team, so I fail to see why the standards for reporting should be any different. Roman's other beat is the Lynx, who are not currently in season.

So Hammy makes vague accusations about incidents not being reported, Schlossman say look at all this stuff I reported on!, and Hammy says "that's not what I was talking about.", never once indicating what he is talking about.

In that case, I have the same problem with Gopher hockey and Roman's reporting. There are all sorts of transgressions he doesn't report. Why is he covering for the University?
    What transgressions?

Or are you making things up?

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    I don't trust you and don't even try to stand on your moral soap box because it has a false bottom.

I know Costa Rica doesn't have a military that's the punch line he-haw.
    LOL!

Yeah. I stepped on your punch line.

Get it now?

Leave a comment:

• cross cheque
    replied
    Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    Trust me. You're in no position to criticize other posters on this site.

And Costa Rica doesn't have a military.
    I don't trust you and don't even try to stand on your moral soap box because it has a false bottom.

I know Costa Rica doesn't have a military that's the punch line he-haw.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Hammy has a valid point. Two different sized markets. The Twin Cities media has 4 professional sports teams and a major conference football and basketball team that get more attention. Not exactly apples-to-apples.

I believe Hammy also pointed out that it wasn't these transgressions, which he characterizes as kids being kids that he was referring to. Not sure what he was referring to, but I think he made it clear that Schloss's response didn't really address what he was referring to.
    So if the Herald doesn't report something UND players do, they are covering it up. While if the Star Tribune doesn't report something Minnesota players do, it's because they are too busy? Both papers have a reporter who covers the team, so I fail to see why the standards for reporting should be any different. Roman's other beat is the Lynx, who are not currently in season.

So Hammy makes vague accusations about incidents not being reported, Schlossman say look at all this stuff I reported on!, and Hammy says "that's not what I was talking about.", never once indicating what he is talking about.

In that case, I have the same problem with Gopher hockey and Roman's reporting. There are all sorts of transgressions he doesn't report. Why is he covering for the University?
    Last edited by Dirty; 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Seeing an alleged "hockey expert" who get's his information from inside sources making stuff up consistently. What a gopher fan. Keep up the good work GPL pretty soon you'll convince each other Costa Rica has nukes
    Trust me. You're in no position to criticize other posters on this site.

And Costa Rica doesn't have a military.

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied
    Or that Hammy makes up stuff. I don't see how anyone could be shocked by that.

A Gopher bobo getting owned by a UND reporter bobo and then making up stories from "sources" to make it seem like he hadn't really gotten owned. Oh I will miss these games and all the other assorted shenanigans.
    Evidently, an alleged "journalist" was shocked enough to post to an unofficial, biased fan website (memo to Mr. Schlossman: there is no other kind of unofficial fan website).

He got owned the very moment he posted his reply. And he should know better.
    Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Schlossman ripping Hammy and Gopher fans making excuses on GPL is awesome.

The double standard by a few Gopher fans is also hilarious. The Herald covers up all these stories for UND and doesn't report them! The Star Tribune has been things to do then report on what Gopher players do!
    Hammy has a valid point. Two different sized markets. The Twin Cities media has 4 professional sports teams and a major conference football and basketball team that get more attention. Not exactly apples-to-apples.

I believe Hammy also pointed out that it wasn't these transgressions, which he characterizes as kids being kids that he was referring to. Not sure what he was referring to, but I think he made it clear that Schloss's response didn't really address what he was referring to.

Originally posted by Hammy via GPL
    When you have multiple professional teams, multiple Universities (including one with major D1 sports beyond hockey), and a ton of HS sports in the local market, you're not going to get quite as much attention in the paper for a relatively minor off ice incident for the college team. Let's be honest... they have bigger fish to fry here. But when it is warranted (a la Gopher basketball), they don't sweep it away like nothing either. Not to mention, it is pretty much an annual ritual for Reusse to bash the local D1 hockey team at some point.

I never cared about much about lawnmowers or ****ing in an elevator so bringing up those things is off target with me. They are college kids and I did stupid stuff when I was that age too (although it is a little different when you rep the University as a scholarship athlete). I was never aiming at that kind of stuff. My main issue is more what goes on behind the scenes with some questionable things at the school that I know are reality from talking to a few scouts/advisers that wonder how some of this stuff never comes to light up there. But I'll leave it at that. I can't entirely blame the media. It is a code of silence that wouldn't be easy to break.
    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 01-29-2013, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cross cheque
    replied

Seeing an alleged Grand Forks "journalist" getting rattled by message board posts is even more awesome. What a moron.

Clearly Mr Schlossman is shocked - shocked! - that hyperbole and exaggeration exist on the Internet.

Keep up the good work, GPL. You'll have Mr. Schlossman chasing his tail for the foreseeable future!
    Seeing an alleged "hockey expert" who get's his information from inside sources making stuff up consistently. What a gopher fan. Keep up the good work GPL pretty soon you'll convince each other Costa Rica has nukes

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Seeing an alleged Grand Forks "journalist" getting rattled by message board posts is even more awesome. What a moron.

Clearly Mr Schlossman is shocked - shocked! - that hyperbole and exaggeration exist on the Internet.

Keep up the good work, GPL. You'll have Mr. Schlossman chasing his tail for the foreseeable future!
    Or that Hammy makes up stuff. I don't see how anyone could be shocked by that.

A Gopher bobo getting owned by a UND reporter bobo and then making up stories from "sources" to make it seem like he hadn't really gotten owned. Oh I will miss these games and all the other assorted shenanigans.
    Last edited by Dirty; 01-29-2013, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

The double standard by a few Gopher fans is also hilarious. The Herald covers up all these stories for UND and doesn't report them! The Star Tribune has been things to do then report on what Gopher players do!
    Last edited by Dirty; 01-29-2013, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Forum misconduct penalty = 10 days!
    I, for one, am happy these are no longer assessed. No reason.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    He does that and it is a bit creepy. I've seen posts from him that I think should have resulted in some time off.
    Forum misconduct penalty = 10 days!

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by cvanjo_13 View Post
    He didn't know it was me as I haven't ever posted on here. He just took pictures of the TV to post on here and it happened to be me. Nothing better to do then insult people. My brother sent me a text saying I should check out the thread. I did and was a bit creeped out seeing the picture. I was fine with it at first until he posted the picture of my wife in it, and then commented about making a "trade" and what she would want.

Just over the top and a bit disconcerting.
    He does that and it is a bit creepy. I've seen posts from him that I think should have resulted in some time off.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Isn't that where they filmed the scenes for Rura Penthe in Star Trek VI?
    You should make friends with the MTU ner... fans

Leave a comment:

Working...
X