X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skiumah2
    replied
    Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    This would be the perfect opportunity to continue the fanbase saga, but it's gameday people!!!

Anyone want to talk actual hockey?
    This is one of the best Gopher teams I've seen in a very long time. In fact, I'm thinking it may be the best I've seen since the Robb Stauber years. Like those teams of the late '80's, this Gopher team does not seem to have any weaknesses other than complacency. They have moments when they get bored and start thinking about their press clippings. A team that works hard can get the jump on them if the boredom lasts long enough. It's the only way they're dropped games this year. Against the Whioux, there won't be any complacency. However, the Whioux are a quality team in their own right. Also, this is a Hakstool coached team after Christmas. It's uncanny how hard to beat the Whioux are in the 2nd half. At least until April. Anyway, you can't look at the up to date season results of these 2 teams and think it will play out like their games against other opponents. There's a different mindset for both teams for this series compared to series' with other teams. I'm not sure what to expect because I haven't seen the Whioux yet. Is Corbin Knight the dominating player Whioux fans describe, or is he the same player I remember from last year who is very good but not scary? Is Danny Kristo the same dominating player I do remember? Has Rocco Grimaldi become the player everyone was predicting? Has anyone else stepped up? If it's the same Whioux team as last year, I predict a sweep for Minnesota. If the Wioux are greatly improved over last year, a split is a more likely prediction. However, I've seen how much better Minnesota is over last year. For that, I'm sticking with a sweep prediction. 3-2 Friday and 6-3 Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Well I imagine he's in a part of Hostile and Abusiveland where the only radio station he gets doesn't play that song. In civilization we get music more modern than 1973.
    Just think how much you'll enjoy not having to play that song when you move! Simon and Garfunkle all day every day!

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I love that this thread has posts from so many schools. We've got the two participants (UND, UMN) plus what seems like every other member of the WCHA participating (SCSU, UW, UMD, DU, MSU-M, UAA), there's even posts from a WMU fan.

Although, I am sort of surprised the Techies haven't said anything yet.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggsy
    replied

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    This would be the perfect opportunity to continue the fanbase saga, but it's gameday people!!!

Why ruin such a quality stream of trash talk and chirping with game talk? That's crazy!

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
    Some people must have been able to get married and have kids... I know I hear the song all the time. It must be a lonely life sitting around by yourself, fuming about why the Gophers are better than your favorite team.
    Well I imagine he's in a part of Hostile and Abusiveland where the only radio station he gets doesn't play that song. In civilization we get music more modern than 1973.

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    Whioux is this Taylor Swift guy?
    He's a defenseman for either Colgate or Dartmouth, one of those ****ty EZAC schools. He's real easy to spot, when he takes off his helmet he looks like Mr. Ed.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    Don't know him, he must be a Whioux fan though if his songs are crappy.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    Don't know him, he must be a Whioux fan though if his songs are crappy.

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    How many cool points do you lose for knowing a Taylor swift song? I would think cool points would be hard to come by as a st cloud fan.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    UND fans are like that chick you break up with that keeps calling and leaving you sob messages asking to take her back when you've already started banging her best friend. All the while telling all your mutual friends that she didn't like you anyways.
    So you're saying Don is banging Mario? Ewww.

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied
    One nice thing about the rivalry ending is going to be not hearing gopher fans whine about the big bad mean UND boys picking on their little skirt-wearing pansies of hockey players they follow...
    UND fans are like that chick you break up with that keeps calling and leaving you sob messages asking to take her back when you've already started banging her best friend. All the while telling all your mutual friends that she didn't like you anyways.

It's sad.

I'm going to miss this rivalry as much as anyone, but all of the whining and fairy tales being told by UND fans is growing tiresome.

It's over. We left, you courted us for a non-conference agreement, but got rejected. Move on. We'll see you again one day

Leave a comment:

• gopheritall
    replied

I guess I must be listening to a different type of station than you.
    Some people must have been able to get married and have kids... I know I hear the song all the time. It must be a lonely life sitting around by yourself, fuming about why the Gophers are better than your favorite team.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Speaking of UND recruits, Shane Gersich of Holy Family, a UND recruit, received a 5 min major and game misconduct last night for kicking. Sounds like he'll fit right in with the Hakstol crew in GF.
    Not sure. We'll have to see how he shakes hands.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Gophers vs Whioux preview

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

*****http://aparentinsilverspring.com/wp-content/uploads/whos-in-whoville.jpg******

Image when introducing that other team tonight.

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Yeah... 'cause you can't go 45 minutes driving anywhere without hearing that ****ing song.
    I guess I must be listening to a different type of station than you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X