X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiggsy
    replied
    Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
    I find it curious how you deflect that fact that you were completely wrong about your own chant. That's pathetic. You must have had an extra helping of stupid with your wheaties this morning.
    I think he was just being a bit lazy, not wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    From Guentzel at the Blue Line Club today - Haula will start tonight and he said "the green team" is the best team the Gophers will have played. He said they are better than BC or Notre Dame.
    Guentzel apparently forgot about the team he was a former assistant for that won at Mariucci this season on a Friday night and had a near miss the next night, then. You know, the team his own son just committed to playing for?

Leave a comment:

• GopherBigGuy911
    replied

I am looking forward to some classic hockey tonight :-)

Leave a comment:

• MplsSioux
    replied

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    Well I have always said "Sota".....I think it sounds better.

Many people have said that about "ski-u-mah". I find it curious that you people get so worked up about our school song, chants, and phrases within.
    I find it curious how you deflect that fact that you were completely wrong about your own chant. That's pathetic. You must have had an extra helping of stupid with your wheaties this morning.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

*****http://www.gopherpucklive.com/image/Misc/Ballard.gif******

Leave a comment:

• Tiggsy
    replied

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Not according to this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Rouser

BTW, ski-u-mah has Sioux origins...interestingly enough
    Hey, that's cool. But whioux are the sioux? Maybe we will play them sometime. Nah, probably not.

Many people have said that about "ski-u-mah". I find it curious that you people get so worked up about our school song, chants, and phrases within.
    Probably because many of their fans don't know how to spell and don't like it thrown in their faces like that.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

And goldy is right, we only do that after goals. The other stuff comes after sweeps, which I'm sure you're also familiar with from last year.
    Well, we do it at the start of the game and usually at the start of the periods.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Not according to this...

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

If you were smart, which you clearly aren't, you'd know that we spell "Minnesota" and then say "'Sota". Not "the whole word packed into one syllable". Thankfully I already know you weren't smart based on your handle, but your post helped confirm it.
    Not according to this...

Originally posted by Minnesota Rouser
    Minnesota, hats off to thee!
    To thy colors true we shall ever be,
    Firm and strong, united are we.
    Rah, rah, rah, for Ski-U-Mah,
    Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah!
    Rah for the U of M.

[Repeat]

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!
    Minnesota, Minnesota!
    Yay, Gophers! RAH!

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

And goldy is right, we only do that after goals. The other stuff comes after sweeps, which I'm sure you're also familiar with from last year.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Is that when you cleverly spell out Minnesota and then yell the whole word packed into one syllable?
    No, that's after the Gophers score again on the Whioux. Didn't you see that often enough the last time they played that you would know that?

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Is that when you cleverly spell out Minnesota and then yell the whole word packed into one syllable?
    If you were smart, which you clearly aren't, you'd know that we spell "Minnesota" and then say "'Sota". Not "the whole word packed into one syllable". Thankfully I already know you weren't smart based on your handle, but your post helped confirm it.

Leave a comment:

• MplsSioux
    replied

Or we can chant "94 West" right before we literally "sweep, sweep, sweep" them off the ice with the Battle Hymn.

Either way.

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I hope after MN sweeps they (the fans) give UND a kind ovation as they skate off, for being a quality rival.
    Or we can chant "94 West" right before we literally "sweep, sweep, sweep" them off the ice with the Battle Hymn.

Either way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X