X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    If you guys couldn't go tape to tape against a Mites team, I'm a little worried for you haha
    Going tape to tape should have nothing to do with the opponent if the lane is there.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    I thought that was your line?
    I haven't made any claims in this thread, sport.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Do you really think that North Dakota played well?
    I don't. They came out strong, but were also cautious during the "get a feel for your opponent" stage. Things went stagnant for them after the PP goal. But after the Gophers went up 3-1, they turned it on again. Bad luck led to the shorty by Condon and the wheels fell off.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Well for one the Gophers did block shooting lanes and force some bad passes and pressured in the offensive zone, which can create turnovers. I thought the Gophers also played great on the back end and gave little to NoDak for most of the game minus a chance here and there.
    The Gophers didn't have to show up tonight. They didn't affect the Whioux's play at all. Any team could have laced up and beaten the Whioux tonight, even Sacred Heart. Someone please punch FS23 in the mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
    Too many preposterous statements in your quotes to count. Stop the blather, your posts don't even make sense.
    I'm sorry that you can't follow what I'm trying to say. Perhaps I am not explaining it as well as I should be.

Enjoy your victory.

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Yes. North Dakota's poor passing, poor decision making, and lack of effort had nothing to do with the opponent.

Now, I would think that our speed, talent, and size would overcome a Mites team...unless Wilcox was in goal.
    If you guys couldn't go tape to tape against a Mites team, I'm a little worried for you haha

Leave a comment:

• Golden Tuuk
    replied

I don't think Minnesota had anything to do with constantly missing wide open passes, poor/shaky goaltending, poor decision making when you have all day in your own end, and playing with a lack of emotion. It wouldn't have mattered if we were playing Sacred Heart or Minnesota tonight...we weren't going to win.

Minnesota played well. As I've said many times, they are a pretty consistent group. They didn't play lights out tonight, but they didn't need to either. That being said, Minnesota wasn't the reason that North Dakota played as awful as they did. Tonight's loss was completely on North Dakota playing like, in the words of the eloquent KenGernanderguy, "poop."

This is true. If North Dakota had played decent, and Minnesota played very well, then I would think Minnesota would win. Maybe we'll see that storyline tomorrow. I would rather see that than the abomination on ice that I saw tonight.
    Too many preposterous statements in your quotes to count. Stop the blather, your posts don't even make sense.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Harley appears to be going with the JDubbs defense of not proving any evidence to back up his claim.
    I thought that was your line?

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    So if the Gophers were replaced by a Mites team, these same things would've happened? Confused.
    Yes. North Dakota's poor passing, poor decision making, and lack of effort had nothing to do with the opponent.

Now, I would think that our speed, talent, and size would overcome a Mites team...unless Wilcox was in goal.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    I feel fine regardless of what you think. We won
    Do you really think that North Dakota played well?

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Again, Minnesota had nothing to do with North Dakota's poor passing, poor decision making, and a lack of effort.
    So if the Gophers were replaced by a Mites team, these same things would've happened? Confused.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    If it makes you feel better to think that North Dakota played better than they did, by all means, keep thinking that.

IMO, it was our worst performance of the year.
    I feel fine regardless of what you think. We won

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Well it is Hockey Day MN tomorrow and some decent HS teams are playing, maybe Hakstol will have them watching.
    Let's hope so. Maybe our guys will see what it means to play with emotion.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Sorry, but still sounds like sour grapes to me.
    If it makes you feel better to think that North Dakota played better than they did, by all means, keep thinking that.

IMO, it was our worst performance of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

I'm not talking about forced anything. I'm talking about bad decision making when there was little to no pressure, poor passing when there were clear, wide open lanes, and a general lack of emotion. Basically, things that a decent High School team should be able to do.
    Well it is Hockey Day MN tomorrow and some decent HS teams are playing, maybe Hakstol will have them watching.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X