X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HarleyMC
    replied
    Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    What part of unpressured passes are you not comprehending?
    Theoretically, there's no such thing as unpressured passes, especially in a game like this. Have you ever played hockey?

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    They didn't play as bad as you make it seem.
    It was North Dakota's worst performance of the season.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Tomorrow should be fun on Hockey Day MN.
    Indeed. Really looking forward to a jam packed day of great hockey!

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

Tomorrow should be fun on Hockey Day MN.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Do you really think that North Dakota played well?
    They didn't play as bad as you make it seem. The first half of the game was pretty evenly played. And the difference the second half had as much or more to do with the Gophers playing their game as UND not playing well.

UND had plenty of opportunities to stay in this game, but Wilcox was on top of his game, as he has been much of this season. This game was much tighter than the score would suggest, and I expect nothing different tomorrow.

Should be another hard fought battle between two pretty evenly matched teams. I just think Minnesota has a slight edge defensively, and much of that has to do with goaltending.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    :d

That doesn't count!

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Minnesota was the better team tonight. Neither team brought their A game.

One of the most poorly played games in this series all around, and there aren't many of those.
    Agreed. Minnesota was less than stellar. I thought they played about average. I just thought that North Dakota played awful.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Well color me confused. So if you were playing Mites, you still wouldn't complete passes in open lanes? Pressure from the Gophers (a lot more pressure than a 5-year-old could apply) did NOTHING to cause passes to miss?
    What part of unpressured passes are you not comprehending?

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

The better team won tonight... if UND doesn't get some major things squared away, it's going to be much worse tomorrow. Congrats to gopher fans on the win.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Well color me confused. So if you were playing Mites, you still wouldn't complete passes in open lanes? Pressure from the Gophers (a lot more pressure than a 5-year-old could apply) did NOTHING to cause passes to miss?
    For example, North Dakota was failing on passes in our own zone when there were no Minnesota players in the zone. If you want to claim that Minnesota was causing pressure to disrupt those passes, I would claim that you need to get your vision checked.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Sorry, but still sounds like sour grapes to me. Minnesota was the better team tonight, and is the better team in general IMO. Though it isn't by much.
    Minnesota was the better team tonight. Neither team brought their A game.

One of the most poorly played games in this series all around, and there aren't many of those.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by dirty View Post
    i haven't made any claims in this thread, sport.
    Originally posted by dirty View Post
    you keep making all these crazy claims but never have any evidence to back them up.
    :d

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Going tape to tape should have nothing to do with the opponent if the lane is there.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    I don't. They came out strong, but were also cautious during the "get a feel for your opponent" stage. Things went stagnant for them after the PP goal. But after the Gophers went up 3-1, they turned it on again. Bad luck led to the shorty by Condon and the wheels fell off.
    The first 20 was less than stellar, but Minnesota wasn't very good either...it was a pretty even period. The 2nd period is where North Dakota just couldn't get things going. I was hopeful that the PP goal would get the guys going and start playing with some emotion, but it just never happened. They played well for about a 5-6 minute stretch in the 3rd, but Wilcox came up with some nice saves to keep the Gophers ahead. The Shorty was a combination of bad luck and just a great play by Condon.

Initially, I felt Saunders was awful, but in reflecting on the game, I don't think he played all that poorly. The first goal was a very good shot by Budish. The 2nd goal was a softie for Saunders, but he certainly didn't get bailed out by his teammates the way he should...that was the back breaker (as I said in the Score Updates thread at the time). The 3rd goal was a weird deflection, and again, the Condon shorty was just a great shot...although Saunders may have been a tish out of position. Obviously, Saunders wasn't in net for the 5th goal...a weird decision by Hakstol...something he almost never does, but perhaps he was trying to send a message to his team.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Harley appears to be going with the JDubbs defense of not proving any evidence to back up his claim.

He's also a big crabby-pants.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X