X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Harley appears to be going with the JDubbs defense of not proving any evidence to back up his claim.
    Check the TV ratings I don't have!

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied
    Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    That's what he is saying. Not every UND mistake was the result of the Gopher's play.

There's hope for you yet, Harley.
    Why don't you ask him directly if that's what he means?

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Mitch Mac played pretty well on that line against CC, I think that's why. I think the line has been at it's best with Mark MacMillan playing up there.

Pattyn, I think, needs to sit tomorrow for Colten St. Clair.
    Yeah, St. Clair I think could really blossom with more playing time. He has a lot of the raw skills required to be a solid contributor at this level, but he needs to get game time.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Yeah, Hakstol seems to like Mitch Mac playing up with those guys. Personally, I'd like to see Mark Mac up on the top line, and then have Rowney center Parks and Grimaldi. Mitch Mac isn't a 1st line player at this level...we'll see if he's up there again tomorrow.
    Mitch Mac played pretty well on that line against CC, I think that's why. I think the line has been at it's best with Mark MacMillan playing up there.

Pattyn, I think, needs to sit tomorrow for Colten St. Clair.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

FWIW, I'm done arguing this.
    Awwww... Can you please give us one more chance and repeat the same crap over and over again just 3 or 4 more times?

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC
    Heellllooo!! Nobody is saying every mistake was the result of the Gopher's play. How dumb can you be and still breathe?
    That's what he is saying. Not every UND mistake was the result of the Gopher's play.

There's hope for you yet, Harley.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    I was wondering why the game wasn't closer, then saw Mitch MacMillan on the first line.
    Yeah, Hakstol seems to like Mitch Mac playing up with those guys. Personally, I'd like to see Mark Mac up on the top line, and then have Rowney center Parks and Grimaldi. Mitch Mac isn't a 1st line player at this level...we'll see if he's up there again tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

I was wondering why the game wasn't closer, then saw Mitch MacMillan on the first line.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Good news: A busload of lawyers just went off a cliff. Bad news: there were a couple empty seats.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Horse hockey. UND didn't play great, but they had stretches in which UM was on their heels and I am not going to dig up the comments but your fans have said the same thing about recent performances. I'm not going to proclaim the Gophers are 4 goals better than UND, but the certainly didn't play their best game either for at least portions of those first two periods and Wilcos bailed them out several times over. You're a better analyst than this kind of comment - the Gophers should have been viewed as the better team coming into this series and at least for one game proved it.
    I've consistently said that Minnesota was the better team tonight, and I agree that Minnesota didn't play particularly well...with the exception of Wilcox.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Lol he is a lawyer.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Just to play along, I never implied anything of the sort. I only said that to claim the level of your competition doesn't affect how you perform is a naive opinion....
    I fully understand that the opponent drastically alters certain pieces of performance. However, there were dozens of wide open passes that were missed. There were dozens of poor decisions made when there was little to no pressure. There was an overall lack of emotion for the majority of the game. North Dakota is too talented a team to let those mistakes happen. Whether they are playing mites, or whether they are playing the '84 Oilers. You can feel free to disagree, and argue that every mistake was a result of Minnesota's play.

FWIW, I'm done arguing this. IMO, it was North Dakota's worst performance of the season. Now, perhaps you've also watched every (minus Saturday against Tech) North Dakota game this season like myself, and feel that there were others that were worse. I don't. Hopefully they play up to their potential tomorrow and make it a better game.

Oh well...at least it wasn't against Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

It was North Dakota's worst performance of the season.
    Horse hockey. UND didn't play great, but they had stretches in which UM was on their heels and I am not going to dig up the comments but your fans have said the same thing about recent performances. I'm not going to proclaim the Gophers are 4 goals better than UND, but the certainly didn't play their best game either for at least portions of those first two periods and Wilcos bailed them out several times over. You're a better analyst than this kind of comment - the Gophers should have been viewed as the better team coming into this series and at least for one game proved it.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Probably because every opponent (except Anchorage last Friday) that has come to Mariucci the last three or four weeks has played their worst game EVAR. According to their fans, of course.
    The Gophers Excuse defense. I'm familiar with that.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Why can't Gopher fans just accept the fact that North Dakota played really bad tonight, and probably their worst game of the year tonight? I would think they would rejoice. Your team won for crying out loud...enjoy the victory.
    Probably because every opponent (except Anchorage last Friday) that has come to Mariucci the last three or four weeks has played their worst game EVAR. According to their fans, of course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X