X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gopheritall
    replied
    Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

I don't go to Culvers very often. Any Whioux fans want my tickets from last night for some free Culvers?

Leave a comment:

• Happy
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    I think the 90% idea is preposterous. No way the Gophs could win that high a percentage. Or ar we still competing for the most over-top-statement?
    Arrogance inflates all statistics.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

60% of the time, we beat them every time.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

I think the 90% idea is preposterous. No way the Gophs could win that high a percentage. Or ar we still competing for the most over-top-statement?

Leave a comment:

• gopheritall
    replied

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Okay, now let's get back to my point. Do you think the Gophers beat UND 9 times out of 10?
    Just to be clear I was talking about the men's team. I'm not sure the UND men could beat the Minnesota women's team more than 50% of the time but they would sure give us a run for our money.

Leave a comment:

• mplsphotoguy
    replied

d3photography's gallery from last night's game... http://www.d3photography.com/photos/4103

I hope enjoy it as much as we did making it happen - we'll be back tonight.
    (sorry for the repost - fixed the URL)

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by Mills View Post
    Is the defense for UND that bad?
    No.

As for next year, Forbort could leave early. I think he has played extremely solid this year, with the exception of 1 game. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back for a senior season.

I would be surprised if Simpson left early. He is very young (19) for being a junior. He has played better this season, and seems to be improving quite a bit since his Freshman season.

Losing MacWilliam and Gleason will certainly hurt, but I also expect the rest of our blueline to continue to improve. I wouldn't mind seeing Panzarella get more ice time...he's very similar to MacWilliam in my opinion. Add LaDue and Crisfield (and potentially Thompson) and the blueliners should be better.

Also, in looking at this years d-corps, keep in mind that we had a change in coaching there. I think that is at least partially responsible for the below average (for UND) numbers defensively...primarily in shots allowed.

Either way, it's an interesting question, and could certainly be an issue for next season.

Leave a comment:

• Mills
    replied

Is the defense for UND that bad? Granted this is one game, but my sources say they have underperformed this year. Could next year be worse?

MacWilliam - Graduating
    Forbort - Flight Risk? He isn't developing. Is it time to bolt?
    Simpson - Flight Risk?
    Gleason - Graduating

With only LaDue and Crisfield coming in would they accelerate Keaton Thompson? In looking at other future D recruits Hak is still going after the big, burly D that may have the same foot speed as me.

Leave a comment:

• gopheritall
    replied

Okay, now let's get back to my point. Do you think the Gophers beat UND 9 times out of 10?
    Sorry, I was rewatching the 3rd period from last night. And, yes I think the Gophers win 90% of the games played against that UND team if both teams play to their potential. The biggest difference is defense and goaltending. That is where the games between these two teams are won and lost. UND is worse in those facets and loses.

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied
    Yeah, they capitalized. Doesn't mean they would have scored even strength. Just saying obviously UAA was in position to win the game with 5 minutes left. So maybe they beat the Gophers 1 or maybe 2 times out of ten. So to say the Gophers beat UND 9 out of 10 games is PREPOSTEROUS.

Is your hypothetical banner that "Jan Brady U" is hanging going next to the "Yay, we beat the Gophers. Our season is complete" banner that you Gophers fans have imagined.
    As Gopher fans, we have no reason to imagine banners.

Leave a comment:

• KenGernanderguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    But what if UND changes their name to the Fighting Ditka's?
    You totally redeemed yourself with this one. Nice work.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    No, but I don't see any situation where they lose that game against Anchorage either. Which was my point.

I think the Gophers are better than UND, but not 9/10 games better. Like I said before, the Gophers and UND are pretty evenly matched offensively. Gophers might be a little bit deeper offensively. But the Gophers are a better defensive team, especially when it comes to goaltending.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

But what if UND changes their name to the Fighting Ditka's?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied
    Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    That banner as well as the "we won an NCAA game" banner, yep.
    I think the imaginary banners now outnumber the actual banners that St. Cloud State has hanging.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X