X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    None. It's a terrible concept and I will never accept it as a legtimate way to finish a game.
    This. Unless they turned off the lights in the arena. Then that'd be kinda cool.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    How much emotional satisfaction does winning a shoot-out really provide?
    None. It's a terrible concept and I will never accept it as a legtimate way to finish a game.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    None.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hock Puckly
    replied

Ties are for wearing with a suit. Hope the NCHC has shootouts.
    On Friday, I would have been satisfied with a point out of the weekend, but to miss getting two with a two goal lead and less than ten to go is almost unforgivable. Still, I was expecting to see them get swept, so better one than none. Hats off to Minny for the epic come from behind to tie it up; they should send their thanks to Mr. Pipes for the OT help. Thought Gothberg played very well for a frosh and in a huge game; we sure love having MN boys play for us! And finally, sad to see this era end. Win or lose, the best hockey memories are from Sioux/Gopher games. Til we meet again.......

Leave a comment:

• gopheritall
    replied
    Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    I don't have to live vicariously through UND, Slap Dick. SCSU is tied for first place.

I don't like UND any more or less than I like the Gophers. Just pointing out the absurdity of Gophers fans saying their team would beat UND 90% of the time.
    It was "play to their potential" which rarely happens so it will be tough to dispute. Plus, the teams will need to meet up again AND have the Whioux win to even make an argument at all. Since the Gophers will any future matchup I still say I am right.

The U and the Whioux need to figure out a schedule.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    Glass change, good sir?
    Had to sweep to get over 100. I think we'll go with 99.9.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    This. Nice of the Whioux to choke away that point. That's going to cost them big time.
    Glass change, good sir?

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    This Gopher team couldn't have beaten mites tonight, pathetic.
    This. Nice of the Whioux to choke away that point. That's going to cost them big time.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
    Now THAT would be a truly fitting finale to the WCHA as we know it.
    If that happened, Sloe Gin and I were talking, and to get us to NOT go to that game, bidding for tix would prob have to start at about $500.

Leave a comment:

• Steve_MN
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I mentioned on GPL, if there is any justice in the hockey world, these two teams meet up in the F5 final.
    Now THAT would be a truly fitting finale to the WCHA as we know it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I mentioned on GPL, if there is any justice in the hockey world, these two teams' busses crash head on and explode killing everyone on the way to the F5 play-in game.

fyp

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I mentioned on GPL, if there is any justice in the hockey world, these two teams meet up in the F5 final.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Okay, what the eff is this?

*******http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/D-Baggery.jpg********

Whatever it is, it sure looks cool!

Great game tonight btw. Other than the Sioux blowing it and hitting two posts in OT.

Gotta win that game.

In all honesty, I will also miss this rivalry. Always my favorite non-Badger games to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Highlights: Gophers 4, UND 4. Check out the fan at 1:03.

He should've flexed his muscles and yelled "Whatcha gonna do North Dakota when my 13 inch pythons run wild on you?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X