X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
    “I don’t know if he is the problem in the dressing room,” Parker said.

So he's saying there is a problem in the locker room, but he doesn't know who it is.
    If there is a "problem" in the dressing room it does not necesarially have to lie with one individual, or even with a small group of individuals. There can be a team dynamic or chemistry problem that might not be attribitable to anyone in particular.

Team dicipline / confidence etc can be elusive in many ways.

“His problems were on the ice. He was taking stupid penalties and being undisciplined. So I have no idea. I think he is a well-liked kid on the team.”

How does the head coach not know what goes on in the locker room or if the players even like each other?
    The head coach is with the team for what? 2 or 3 hours a day? As a coach it is hard to know what is going on for all the parts of the day that you are not with them. Sounds like he is saying that he is well liked, but of course you never know if there is some issue away from the ice that flies under the radar screen.

Comment

Office of the President
      1 Silber Way, 8th Floor
      Boston, MA 02215

Email: president@bu.edu
      Phone: (617) 353-2200

Name Title E-mail (@bu.edu) Phone
      SENIOR ADMINISTRATION
      Mike Lynch Assistant V.P. & Director of Athletics nrowan (617) 353-1905
      Drew Marrochello Deputy Director of Athletics marroand (617) 353-7327
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

How does the head coach not know what goes on in the locker room or if the players even like each other?
        How can you possibly ask this after he was seemingly (not sure if he lied to the Task Force or just got old man I'm confused syndrome) unaware of the kegger and group sex going on at Louganis Arena after they won the title in 2009?

Side note: Does Colby Cohen believe in dinosaurs?
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Side note: Does Colby Cohen believe in dinosaurs?
          We got the joke yesterday

(If you feel the need to explain it after the fact, it probably wasn't a very good one to start with . Or the delivery leaves a bit to be desired)

Comment

group sex
            Alleged.
            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              We got the joke yesterday

(If you feel the need to explain it after the fact, it probably wasn't a very good one to start with . Or the delivery leaves a bit to be desired)
              Sorry, just wanted to be consistent with the strange, baseless and repetitive smearing of Ms Mary.
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Sorry, just wanted to be consistent with the strange, baseless and repetitive smearing of Ms Mary.
                Dude, I wish she would have been able to uncover something! But alas, she did not.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Hopefully Jack Eichel is watching all of this closely...

If what looks like will evidently happen (team continues to tank the rest of the season and Parker gets fired/resigns) then BU can kiss half their incoming recruits goodbye and probably most of the highly rated ones. There is going to be a downturn here for a few years in recruiting (though ironically you wont notice much difference in on-ice performance) but nothing isnt gained without a little pain ( we already got that for most of the past 15 years anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                    If what looks like will evidently happen (team continues to tank the rest of the season and Parker gets fired/resigns) then BU can kiss half their incoming recruits goodbye and probably most of the highly rated ones. There is going to be a downturn here for a few years in recruiting (though ironically you wont notice much difference in on-ice performance) but nothing isnt gained without a little pain ( we already got that for most of the past 15 years anyway).
                    I dont know... as I was asking earlier.. at this point, simply with Jack being at or near retirement age wouldn't most recruits be asking the question "what happens when you leave / retire"?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      "what happens when you leave / retire"?
                      Oh, well you'll either leave early or I'll kick you off the team before then anyway"

Comment

Eric Gryba has been called up to Ottawa. How many players now from the 2009 National Championship team have made it to the NHL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                          Eric Gryba has been called up to Ottawa. How many players now from the 2009 National Championship team have made it to the NHL?
                          Wilson, Bonino, Gilroy, McCarthy, Shatty, Strait and Gryba I believe. Not sure if Cohen had cup of coffee in the pros yet.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

According to BHB, Alexx will indeed not be practicing or working out with the team during this suspension.... and he is no longer listed on the roster on goterriers.com

While I don't disagree with the punishment, I'm not sure I agree with suspending him from workouts as well. Had it been me, I might have done it more like "benched for the season" but still part of the team for workouts etc....

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              According to BHB, Alexx will indeed not be practicing or working out with the team during this suspension.... and he is no longer listed on the roster on goterriers.com

While I don't disagree with the punishment, I'm not sure I agree with suspending him from workouts as well. Had it been me, I might have done it more like "benched for the season" but still part of the team for workouts etc....
                              Were those conditions set by Parker or conditions happening as a result of Alexx possibly deciding to leave the program?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Were those conditions set by Parker or conditions set by Alexx after possibly deciding to leave the program?
                                That part is unknown (at least to me).

Comment

Working...
                                X