This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

By the way did anyone notice in the BHB article that Parker has apparently given a similar warning to Noonan?

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Take the cages off and it wouldn't happen. In USHL where they fight, he did none of that. Everyone is a tough guy in ncaa
      Thus the instigator penalty debate goes on
      Just like clendenning chirped a ton at bu but zero in ushl
      That debate will go on and on... even so, with or without cages, it is ridiculous that he cant seem to control himself after being benched / suspended and then given fair warning about not letting it happen again.

Comment

And some nice quotes from Megan on Twitter....

You are the captain Wade... make them follow you.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
          I'm like a girl, you know. i mean.
          s'upp timp!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Y'all catching the melodrama playing out on Twitter right now?

Perhaps Coach should have brought Mom in to discuss Alexx's future BEFORE suspending him. Nah, much more fun to shoot first, ask questions later.

BU Hockey: People Skills
            If you only knew!

Comment

Gosh darn it, I just started this thread five weeks ago, and now we're gonna need a whole 'nother one.
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Last I checked suspended for the Remainder of the season does not equal kicked out of school.

The quotes from Twitter about him going home to be with his family are odd. Does this kid have zero interest in academics?
                Considering that he was not drafted by an NHL club, he should have an interest in earning a degree. Unless his hockey goal is to follow Wesley Myron's career path to the ECHL.

It is also pretty clear that the door is not closed on him returning next season. Maybe some time on the sidelines will do him some good.

It is also interesting, but not surprising, that some people criticize Parker for apparently not doing anything about the lack of discipline, then criticize him when he does something. The bottom line is we only know the end results, and unless we are part of the team, we don't know all of the circumstances that led up to it.
                Last edited by Harry Cleverly; 02-15-2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  By the way did anyone notice in the BHB article that Parker has apparently given a similar warning to Noonan?
                  Noonan hasn't been the same player since was given an "A" on his sweater. Perhaps that should be removed for undisciplined play.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    Noonan hasn't been the same player since was given an "A" on his sweater. Perhaps that should be removed for undisciplined play.
                    While I agree, he, unlike Privitera, has responded well (knock on wood) since being suspended. He's certainly not been kicked out of any games since, and I don't remember any real dirty and unnecessary hits. Hopefully this continues.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Y'all catching the melodrama playing out on Twitter right now?

Perhaps Coach should have brought Mom in to discuss Alexx's future BEFORE suspending him. Nah, much more fun to shoot first, ask questions later.

BU Hockey: People Skills
                      Can I get a recap on this melodrama?

As much as this stinks for BU fans, at least the rapes have stopped.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
                        If you only knew!
                        Well? Out with it
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mr. Blutarsky.....Zero point zero. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

Comment

Does anybody recall a similar "suspension for the remainder of the season" from Parker? The fact that he has not been kicked off the team must mean something in terms of Parker's sentiment toward Privitera and his behavior.

While I am disappointed with Privitera, I agree with the move by Parker. Especially given that he had apparently told him that he was on his last chance. Maybe it's just because I watched very closely as the whole play developed. It is disturbing to know now that he fully knew what the result of his actions could be and he still decided to respond to the hit by taking a run at the Harvard player. It had to have been a full 10-12 seconds from the time he had been hit until the time he hit the guy back. That's a long time, plenty of time to think about what you are doing. And as I said in a previous post, he kept looking at the bench as he was skating up ice, seemingly looking for some sort of command or response.

I hope for his sake that Alexx can right the ship, decides to stay with the program, and his brother arrives next season.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Take the cages off and it wouldn't happen. In USHL where they fight, he did none of that. Everyone is a tough guy in ncaa
                              Thus the instigator penalty debate goes on
                              Just like clendenning chirped a ton at bu but zero in ushl
                              Actually agree. Would be a different game if they took off the full cage.

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              The fact that noonan gets a letter as a jr pretty much sums up the state of the team.

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              Can I get a recap on this melodrama?

As much as this stinks for BU fans, at least the rapes have stopped.
                              ALLEGEDLY!

Comment

“I don’t know if he is the problem in the dressing room,” Parker said.

So he's saying there is a problem in the locker room, but he doesn't know who it is.

“His problems were on the ice. He was taking stupid penalties and being undisciplined. So I have no idea. I think he is a well-liked kid on the team.”

How does the head coach not know what goes on in the locker room or if the players even like each other?

Comment

Working...
                                X