X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    If he was sixth D, he'd be even more likely to play, as 5 D for a full game is not realistic. 11 forwards for a full game is more manageable, but still a bad idea.
    Off the top of my head the game Cisse left the bench he was the 12th forward when they were playing 11. in 2009 when Strait was injured Smolinsky dressed as the 6th D and didn't play. And at MC last year Ronan was the 6th D and didn't play until under 4 min left in the game.

Comment

I love how Vinny's story has now become that he transferred to NU.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        If he was sixth D, he'd be even more likely to play, as 5 D for a full game is not realistic. 11 forwards for a full game is more manageable, but still a bad idea.
        Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        in 2009 when Strait was injured Smolinsky dressed as the 6th D and didn't play. And at MC last year Ronan was the 6th D and didn't play until under 4 min left in the game.
        Ya, I'm not sure where bonanza is coming from here. Playing 5 d or 11 forwards for an entire game is absolutely reasonable. I've seen it many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Ya, I'm not sure where bonanza is coming from here. Playing 5 d or 11 forwards for an entire game is absolutely reasonable. I've seen it many times.
          BC's been rolling 5 D for like half the season...
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            I love how Vinny's story has now become that he transferred to NU.
            ..you're missing the point of the article..
            translation.. you missed the point.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              ..you're missing the point of the article..
              translation.. you missed the point.
              Whynt they put he has sex with dogs and cats too?!? That may have helped bomber see the point!

Translation. Lies and incorrect facts ruin your article (see - Mary)
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I don't think it is too harsh considering his body of work this year culminating in his Slapshot moment.

I would hope Noonan takes note of this...
                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

C'mon BU hockey players not hungry for sax.. whatcha talking about..
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                    I would hope Noonan takes note of this...
                    I wouldn't be holding my breath

Comment

Y'all catching the melodrama playing out on Twitter right now?

Perhaps Coach should have brought Mom in to discuss Alexx's future BEFORE suspending him. Nah, much more fun to shoot first, ask questions later.

BU Hockey: People Skills
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

..in all seriousness, BU needs to give Jack a lifetime achievement award at the end of the season & thank him for his immense contribution (he's certainly earned it).. and that's it. The man has lost the mindset needed to communicate with the current generation of players. You cannot fire him in a disrespectful way after what he has accomplished.

Do it the way we do it at the 'firm'.. .. give out a Lifetime Achievement Award (do it seriously & respectfully).. translation.. reti..er...

time for some sailing.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Y'all catching the melodrama playing out on Twitter right now?

Perhaps Coach should have brought Mom in to discuss Alexx's future BEFORE suspending him. Nah, much more fun to shoot first, ask questions later.

BU Hockey: People Skills
                          I don't do twitter...details???

Comment

Last I checked suspended for the Remainder of the season does not equal kicked out of school.

The quotes from Twitter about him going home to be with his family are odd. Does this kid have zero interest in academics?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              I don't do twitter...details???
                              I'm sure it will all be in the Freep story tomorrow.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Last I checked suspended for the Remainder of the season does not equal kicked out of school.

The quotes from Twitter about him going home to be with his family are odd. Does this kid have zero interest in academics?
                                Could just be for the long weekend, he was going to miss Friday classes anyways for the game, Monday is off, and he lives within driving distance, this isn't like Max going to Cali. I sure hope he is back on campus Tuesday.

I also would have let him practice and be a part of the team but not play games, that's how my coaches always handled suspensions.

Comment

Working...
                                X