X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    You have no idea. Trust me.
    Seriously... someone hasn't been to the BY in a while. For the record, I have and it's delightful this week!
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Seriously... someone hasn't been to the BY in a while. For the record, I have and it's delightful this week!
      You know I post over there under the same handle, right? :P There does seem to be some growing interest in the program over there, and I know a lot of the fans are excited about the move to HE, which is encouraging to see. Of course, there are a few delusional ones who believe UConn will be regularly competing for HE titles in six or seven years, but from what I've seen, for the most part, many realize that's not a realistic goal for a very, very long time.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Check your rep
        not allowing me to because it says I have to "spread my reps around" before I can give another one to you...

but let's say the name is not familiar...but of course I graduated in 1976

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          It's pure gold this week

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            not allowing me to because it says I have to "spread my reps around" before I can give another one to you...

but let's say the name is not familiar...but of course I graduated in 1976
            Well I can't think of anyone who is 60 and breaks 80 consistently while working in mtges and has a wife who's a realtor (though I have txt a former club pres to help).
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Nothing particularly important about this post...just felt like relating this "story." I went to the consolation game two years ago when I was working in town. I sat behind three Harvard fans. There were probably 100 people in the Gahden. My recollection of the game was eerily similar to what has been posted about last Monday's game. Lack of effort, lack of commitment, bonehead decision-making, etc. So just to put some perspective on it, these problems have been around for awhile now. In fact, I would submit they have been around for several years (2009 happened because the team leadership refused to allow that team to sink into the same quagmire) or more. But anyway, the only funny thing from that day was when one of the guys in front of me, upon seeing Noonan skate in front of us, asked me "Is his first name Danny?" Little did I know at the time, but I should have responded, "It might as well be." (if you haven't seen "Caddyshack" don't bother with this post).
              Sure but Danny Noonan wins in the end...
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                mookie is just sticking with "goonan"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                  Hey it wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!

Comment

Well I can't think of anyone who is 60 and breaks 80 consistently while working in mtges and has a wife who's a realtor (though I have txt a former club pres to help).
                    Here's the deal...I haven't been a member there for awhile. The week before I was married (that was in 1994) I shot 77, 78 and 77 on three consecutive days. I was down to an 8. I haven't broken 80 since (my wife HATES this story). Not pointing fingers...just the truth. Won the Vice-President's Cup with my dad in 1990 (so you can go into the grille room and look on the board)... I don't work in (Not sure what "mtges" is - maybe mortgages?) - I'm a software developer)

Comment

The boards are all AWOL! The grill room is in the middle of a remodel and, funny enough, the boards were being offered for sale to members who may have wanted a reminder of past glory

I am not sure which have been purchased and which are firewood

Comment

The boards are all AWOL! The grill room is in the middle of a remodel and, funny enough, the boards were being offered for sale to members who may have wanted a reminder of past glory

I am not sure which have been purchased and which are firewood
                        No way! I'll have to go up there. Why would they do that? I guess time marches on and there are too many names now...but does that mean the board over the fireplace with Arthur Peterson's 17 club championships is gone also????? Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Hey it wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
                          Forget it...he's rollling...

Comment

I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say we come home with 4 points this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say we come home with 4 points this weekend.
                              Only the bus driver will get those when he is caught excessively speeding on the way back trying to make last call.
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                                I don't expect them to be a doormat when they join Hockey East. They're not good now, but don't forget, they don't have any scholarships right now. No one seems to have considered what this will do to recruiting for the rest of the Hockey East teams. A lot of good players come out of CT. That's a whole new major university competing for recruits in the same geographical area. I expect Uconn to be like another Northeastern in the league or maybe a Umass. They have plenty of money to throw at this program and I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish above 2 or maybe even 3 other Hockey East teams their first season.
                                They have plenty of money to throw at the hockey program?

Comment

Working...
                                X