This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Any word on if Privatera is getting sat this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Grew up here...housing prices were cheaper and we live .8 miles from the highway for easy commuting access to anywhere. My wife wanted to move to a "suburb" (quiet, small town), but I didn't want to pay 40% more for a house. Of course, now mine is worth 40% less. This proves that women are smarter than men...
      Clearly you don't live on a main drag and have to hear the heavy bass in a junkmobile go off.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Nice of the women to join the men in 4th place. When's the last place party!?

BU Hockey: Misery Loves Company
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          Clearly you don't live on a main drag and have to hear the heavy bass in a junkmobile go off.
          This is correct. That was the only condition...that if we were going to live in the city it had to be a "quiet" enclave. So we have the best of both worlds - proximity to everything but a country feel. We found the lot because my wife is a realtor so she knew about it before it went "public." We were lucky...

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            HE already has to deal with a terrible UCONN team joining.
            I don't expect them to be a doormat when they join Hockey East. They're not good now, but don't forget, they don't have any scholarships right now. No one seems to have considered what this will do to recruiting for the rest of the Hockey East teams. A lot of good players come out of CT. That's a whole new major university competing for recruits in the same geographical area. I expect Uconn to be like another Northeastern in the league or maybe a Umass. They have plenty of money to throw at this program and I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish above 2 or maybe even 3 other Hockey East teams their first season.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
              I don't expect them to be a doormat when they join Hockey East. They're not good now, but don't forget, they don't have any scholarships right now. No one seems to have considered what this will do to recruiting for the rest of the Hockey East teams. A lot of good players come out of CT. That's a whole new major university competing for recruits in the same geographical area. I expect Uconn to be like another Northeastern in the league or maybe a Umass. They have plenty of money to throw at this program and I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish above 2 or maybe even 3 other Hockey East teams their first season.
              I don't expect any star player from CT to spurn BU (Colin Wilson, Drury, Bonino) or BC (Ben Smith, Ryan Shannon, Mullane, Atkinson) scholarship offers for Uconn. I wouldn't doubt they will add some Quinn Smith type players from Avon Old Farms and the like and that could hurt the BC's and BU's for depth purposes with walk-ons. They will field an ok team sometimes, might even have a good season here and there like the other flavors of the month (Umass '07, Umass Lowell '12, Merrimack '11, Northeastern '09, Vermont '09) but I wouldn't count on it. They are already fighting an uphill battle against an established conference with PC on the rise and Merrimack looking to be ok potentially long-term. Add in Notre Dame along with BC and BU and the desirability of NU to rake in kids with the Beanpot and Uconn is going to have trouble breaking through.

In other words, they'll be similar to Umass (much better facility than what Uconn will be dealing with) and will be mostly terrible.

As far as plenty of money to throw at this program, that maybe should be reconsidered with the recent tv contract negotiations going on with the Big East, where their fb program resides. That department could be dying a slow, painful death (deservedly so).
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                ?? You think they are gonna be good, BUT expect them to be like nu or Umass?

That confuses Mookie
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  OK - so I was wrong... again...
                  Check your rep

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

That confuses Mookie
                    Well, BU can't beat either team so....
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Mookie would have been confused too if he said they could be good like bu

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        The record shows they have already beaten UMass twice.

Of course, that seems like a different team ago.

Comment

That confuses Mookie
                          As in, they won't be a complete doormat year in and year out like the 3 win Northeastern team from 06, or some of the mid 2000's MC teams. Historically, UConn has been just about a doormat AHA team, albeit with zero scholarships, which is what made the addition a bit puzzling. But if they can get to a level where they're finishing in the 6-8 slot every year and occasionally competing for home ice, that'd be a solid step up for the program, and is a realistic goal. Of course they're not going to compete for league championships, or be at the same level as BC, UNH, BU (well...), or ND, and I don't think anyone at UConn or the fans think that's a realistic goal anytime in the foreseeable future.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            I don't think anyone at UConn or the fans think that's a realistic goal anytime in the foreseeable future.
                            You have no idea. Trust me.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

That confuses Mookie
                              I think they will be ok, not good, but ok. Maybe 8-12-2 type Hockey East record (they'll be playing 22 league games right?) by their second or third season. I'm just saying that when they join, I don't think they're an automatic last place team.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                You have no idea. Trust me.
                                Let me rephrase, I don't think any levelheaded UConn fans believe that. I know there are a few lunatics over there.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X