This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

bonanza, you probably believe that manny ramirez didn't juice when he was on the red sox or that arod only started juicing when he first got caught.

also, remind me, why isn't uconn eligible for the tourney this year? pretty convenient that that slime retired before this season.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      I was waiting for one of you pinheads to comment. Please provide evidence that Calhoun is a cheater, on any of his championship teams, specifically, or otherwise. What he was suspended for three games for last season is now no longer an NCAA rule. Putting Calhoun and Walsh in the same sentence is utterly laughable.

The predictability of the statement was surpassed by that of the response.

Comment

bonanza channeling his inner baghdad bob

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          In regard to winning anywhere, it's interesting that two of those guys were proven cheaters in Calhoun and Walsh.

Also, you're such a big Northwestern fan that you called him Jim and not Pat
          Busted. I have a friend named Jim Fitz... nevermind. Still lame. Off to edit...
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            bonanza, you probably believe that manny ramirez didn't juice when he was on the red sox or that arod only started juicing when he first got caught.

also, remind me, why isn't uconn eligible for the tourney this year? pretty convenient that that slime retired before this season.
            Those guys are/were roid ragers to the extreme. Also, the APR system is garbage and everyone knows it, had the NCAA decided to change its mind a year sooner, there would have been massive casualties in last year's tournament, including #1 seed Syracuse. For reference, the supposedly off the wagon and out of control BU hockey team was at last check one of two men's hockey teams to have 1000 APR score, yet the task force called for academic changes to the program. I'll be the first to tell you Calhoun made mistakes, just as the rest of the athletic department on the whole did, the former AD was complete toolbag. But Calhoun is no cheater, he's not involved in paying players, having people take tests and write papers for them, having banners removed from the rafters, and recruiting guys who with false test scores. You can look up the road to Amherst or to Orono to see the remnants of a cheating coach.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              no need to apologize! mookie does his golfing in f'burg
              At a very nice course!
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Where were you last week?

BC 10
                Ndak 7
                MICH 6
                MAINE 6
                He said a third, not two thirds. So take bc off the list
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  He said a third, not two thirds. So take bc off the list
                  I said other than BC actually! I'm well too aware of their recent success!

Comment

One of the best things about UConn and ND joining Hockey East is how much both of those schools seem to irritate the BC folk.

Comment

The Bruins signed Jay Pandolfo today.

Carry on...
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        The Bruins signed Jay Pandolfo today.

Carry on...
                        Play for a year then throw his hat in the coaching ring?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Play for a year then throw his hat in the coaching ring?
                          Always liked him.

If the AD is decisive BU won't experience a dropoff. They have enough talent now to miss the NCAA and come n 4th in beanpot. ;-)

Actually, if they get a guy in there now, they will retain top 5 talent and the new guy may make them #1 performers. If we're going to assume the worst, lets at least take a second to assume the best also.

So, quick decision, move to the next phase and carry on. No need to worry about anything until there is something to worry about.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                            Always liked him.

If the AD is decisive BU won't experience a dropoff. They have enough talent now to miss the NCAA and come n 4th in beanpot. ;-)

Actually, if they get a guy in there now, they will retain top 5 talent and the new guy may make them #1 performers. If we're going to assume the worst, lets at least take a second to assume the best also.

So, quick decision, move to the next phase and carry on. No need to worry about anything until there is something to worry about.
                            I dont think we should all assume that there is no risk of a dropoff when the post JP era begins.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              I dont think we should all assume that there is no risk of a dropoff when the post JP era begins.
                              And there is a risk my wife may leave me, my job is to ensure that doesn't happen. The AD gets paid to do something. In this case it is to attract the best coach possible. How many programs have coaches that wouldn't leave where they are to come to BU? 5? Every assistant coach and every HC, save those 5, is a candidate.

If he screws it up, fire him too.
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                                And there is a risk my wife may leave me, my job is to ensure that doesn't happen. The AD gets paid to do something. In this case it is to attract the best coach possible. How many programs have coaches that wouldn't leave where they are to come to BU? 5? Every assistant coach and every HC, save those 5, is a candidate.

If he screws it up, fire him too.
                                But outside of the "internal" candidates, Quinn and Sullivan, who is coaching right now that is both qualified and proven to be successful, and willing to leave to come here? Blasi is the first name that comes to mind, but he's got a decent gig there at Miami, he's got a new arena, albeit the conference situation for him isn't the best, and Ohio isn't exactly fertile hockey recruiting ground, but he's still going to be playing top competition, he's got a school that has a bit of name recognition in hockey circles, the only glaring difference I could see that would be a major difference maker is if BU offered him a sum of money that Miami, being public, could not match.

Who else? Maybe the guy from QU, but is anyone really convinced he's ready to lead a program like BU? Maybe Nate or Norm, but even then, would they leave? They have low to no expectation jobs, to step in to a huge program with incredibly high standards, getting constantly compared to the arch rival down the street who is blowing away the competition all over the country by all standards, and replacing a guy who's been there for four decades. On the surface, it may be an ideal job, but as you delve into it, there are more than a few caution signs.
                                Last edited by brassbonanza; 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X