X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    How much better is Orsillo that Caron? No contest. Caron and Janney are terrible. Orsillo and Brickley are top notch. There's no doubt in my mind Orsillo could do NHL games at the national level.
    Meh. You'll get no argument from me that Caron is better, but I don't think Orsillo is anything special. Used to love Brickley but IMO, he's not as good as he used to be. Maybe I just have a very high standard for him.

Bring back Bob Kurtz

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Meh. You'll get no argument from me that Caron is better, but I don't think Orsillo is anything special. Used to love Brickley but IMO, he's not as good as he used to be. Maybe I just have a very high standard for him.

Bring back Bob Kurtz
      Kind of off topic... But I noticed there are 2 microphones way up in the "rafters" at the garden. One was Johnny most's.... Whose is the other?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Kind of off topic... But I noticed there are 2 microphones way up in the "rafters" at the garden. One was Johnny most's.... Whose is the other?
        Glenn Ordway's???

Dale Arnold's???

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Bob Wilson?
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

johnny deserves two
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Thank God these guys will be in Maine this weekend. Well, maybe not Privitera. Is the other Privitera as stupid as this moron?
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                johnny deserves two
                Maybe it is not a microphone. There are two yellow boxes way up there. One is Johnny Most's "retired" microphone.... The other yellow box is??????

Comment

Red's cigar? Did a quick google search but couldn't find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Maybe it is not a microphone. There are two yellow boxes way up there. One is Johnny Most's "retired" microphone.... The other yellow box is??????
                    Maybe Bob Wilson or Fred Cusik

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                      Maybe Bob Wilson or Fred Cusik
                      I think there are actually 3: Wilson, Cusick, and Most.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        Well, maybe not Privitera. Is the other Privitera as stupid as this moron?
                        Why, he isn't coming here too is he?

Comment

Any notable quotes from Jack after tonight's early game?
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Out in the desert, glad I missed this one. For all the frustration, I was hoping they'd do we'll enough at the end that it didn't tarnish the good things Parker did over his career. Now it looks like the end will be less than glorious.

If I were the AD, Jack would be in my office at 9 am to tomorrow. I'd ask him 2-3 questions about the season and the team and then ask him where his head and his heart are. I would be ready, based on his answer, to bring up him stepping away now and letting an assistant finish the year.

I would have met with my boss at 7.30 am so he/she knew we might not have a head coach by 10am.

I'm not sure what answer would have me decide otherwise, but I'd know it if I hheard it.

If he said he wanted to finish the year I may let him...but only I he could tell me why that was good for the program, the players and the school.

Otherwise, I think a clean, immediate break would be better.

There is too much talent for this performance and it hurts Parker and the school to continue this death march. Let him resign, saying he wants to do what is best and perhaps stepping down now would be better than continuing. Give him the majority of the benefits he'd get of you fired him, just make it a mutual decision so his legacy is maintained to the degree it hasn't already been diminished.
                            Last edited by pirate; 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM.
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Hopefully mookie said this, so I can steal it from him. H has two wins in 17 games.

Comment

Most sensible coaches have a good pulse on things and are able to recognize when the time is right to step away. With each year that Parker sticks around, he looks more and more selfish and more and more like a 'hanger-on.' Those 'glory years' are only remembered by him; no one else.
                                Chris V
                                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                                X