This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Have to echo what someone said about myron...left for the echl? Wha?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      I don't need to be asking because I already know the answer...

i need to ask... did you call brownie today and voice your displeasure?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        i need to ask... did you call brownie today and voice your displeasure?
        No I didn't. And don't say "then you don't have a right to complain." This is a public forum where we are allowed to give our OPINIONS. Perhaps I don't feel as though it will really do much good. I gave my tickets up last year. I don't have much clout and I'm certainly not a LARGE financial contributor. Do you honestly think it would make a difference?

I went on a job interview yesterday and the guy actually said to me "I see the BU coach has some controversy surrounding him." This guy knows nothing about college hockey - when I said "And the fact that York is three miles up the road running a successful program right now just exacerbates the situation!" He said to me, "Who's York? Refresh my memory."

My point is, the guy was just trying to make small talk but he really has no other connection to the sport. Put another way, if the "casual" person who really doesn't follow this "knows" about it, don't you think the school is aware that it is WELL KNOWN out there that this is a controversial situation? Don't you think that if they were going to do anything about it they would have by now? Don't you think that the fact the the "investigation" last summer paid lip service to the "problems with the program" but effectively did nothing is indication enough that they are not going to do anything about it? This is a sounding board and I am voicing my opinion and my frustration, but I am not under any delusion that anyone in a significant position in the administration is going to give one hoot about what I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
          No I didn't. And don't say "then you don't have a right to complain." This is a public forum where we are allowed to give our OPINIONS. Perhaps I don't feel as though it will really do much good. I gave my tickets up last year. I don't have much clout and I'm certainly not a LARGE financial contributor. Do you honestly think it would make a difference?

I went on a job interview yesterday and the guy actually said to me "I see the BU coach has some controversy surrounding him." This guy knows nothing about college hockey - when I said "And the fact that York is three miles up the road running a successful program right now just exacerbates the situation!" He said to me, "Who's York? Refresh my memory."

My point is, the guy was just trying to make small talk but he really has no other connection to the sport. Put another way, if the "casual" person who really doesn't follow this "knows" about it, don't you think the school is aware that it is WELL KNOWN out there that this is a controversial situation? Don't you think that if they were going to do anything about it they would have by now? Don't you think that the fact the the "investigation" last summer paid lip service to the "problems with the program" but effectively did nothing is indication enough that they are not going to do anything about it? This is a sounding board and I am voicing my opinion and my frustration, but I am not under any delusion that anyone in a significant position in the administration is going to give one hoot about what I think.
          Amen. Mookie also ought to know the school is closed today. I also expressed my displeasure to Brownie after the task force wrapped up. Not sure 45 more messages is going to make a difference as the guy knows how I feel. That was the time to make a move IMHO.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Not surprising he had heard all the bad press... of course you know the two (alleged) sexual assault incendents were all over the news.... I'm sure he would not have been able to tell you that Myron left to attempt persue a pro carrear. Also not surprising that he has not heard of York... college hockey is still a very niche sport, even in Massachusetts.

As far as the task force goes, if by "did nothing" you mean that the coaching staff is still here, then sure, they did nothing... but I can tell you that there have been changes made in the entire athletic department (for all teams, not just hockey) as far as process and policy etc. I dont know if they are implementing every recommendation the task force made, but I think they were a list of pretty reasonable recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Amen. Mookie also ought to know the school is closed today. I also expressed my displeasure to Brownie after the task force wrapped up. Not sure 45 more messages is going to make a difference as the guy knows how I feel. That was the time to make a move IMHO.
              amen nothing. mookie has typed that his calling aint getting anything done ("one" is a nut ). i need help. don't just forum me to death here, hope & change!! get on the phone.

Comment

one guy got 'the song' ended.

enough people voice displeasure (and you can share how you dumped yer tickets) and change their giving you'd be surprised.

Comment

mook, you're definitely an idealist, that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    mook, you're definitely an idealist, that's for sure
                    as long as they don't call you needle dick

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      one guy got 'the song' ended.
                      wasn't one guy, it was espn.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        wasn't one guy, it was espn.

really? please share that story

Comment

Also, let's not completely count out the possibility that Parker may have already been given the heave, but to save face, they let him complete this season. Someone recently floated this possibility to me, probably someone from the boards that I saw on a game - but I don't remember who it was.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            Also, let's not completely count out the possibility that Parker may have already been given the heave, but to save face, they let him complete this season. Someone recently floated this possibility to me, probably someone from the boards that I saw on a game - but I don't remember who it was.
                            We have no evidence of that other than speculation that i know of and regardless, we would most likely never know the full story... but even if he does hang it up after this season it is possible / likely that he was not given the heave.

Some things I remember.. (although I can't find the quotes exactly):

I think he has said more than once, and definitely did in the interview with Joe Amersino that he would not be coaching beyond the end of his current contract. I believe his current contract runs through 2015... so if that is correct, it leaves 2.5 more seasons?

I believe he has also said more than once that he would not be going on a "farewell tour"... meaning he would never announce that the upcoming season would be his last... he would just decide at the end of the season.

One way or another, weather someone is glad or sad to see him go, it will not be too long until the decision has to be made on the next coach.

I imagine there will be some people who will be both happy and sad at the same time when that day comes.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              can't believe anyone who considers themselves responsible would allow that. you have to constantly be going about planning on the future (recruiting). expecting a staff of lame ducks to sell the school and go out to get kids to fill your program over the next 2-3 years could kill bu hockey short term.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Exactly it would have been much cleaner to do it then. I was 75% sure that would be the result. Goes to show you the tail is wagging the dog. The admin appears to be too swayed by the blind former players that kneel at his altar.

Comment

Working...
                                X