This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Guess we get to stay above .500 a little longer...
    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

The Parker quote really isn't a surprise. Going back to what I was saying earlier this week, it's not so much the failures on the ice as it is what Parker has had off the ice that is the embarrassing part. It's news if a week goes by that he doesn't say something ridiculous, whether it be his whining about other teams diving or BC screwing Matti in the NCAAs or constant throwing players under the bus.

Yes, the results on ice haven't been great. But he's really lost his mind these past 7-8 years and time after time he opens his mouth and vomits up something ridiculous. This plus the culture issues of the program really are the story of these last 15 years IMO. And one could argue that is a cause of the on-ice results as well.

Departures, suspensions, (alleged) sexual assaults, shod foot beatings, alcohol (to a lesser degree) and Parker's senile rants are the real injustices going on with this program, not wins/losses/ties. It's Animal House over there and Jack makes as much sense as talking about Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
        Guess we get to stay above .500 a little longer...
        I'm gonna say right now that I think that loss to NU has to do something to this team. I don't care if your coach is the least inspiring least motivating person on the planet. That loss has got to make them hungry. They still have a chance at good spots in the Hockey East and NCAA tournament and I expect Megan to do something to get this team to play. I think they take 6 (minimum) of the next 10, get the 3rd seed in the Hockey East tournament (UML, MC, and PC, all still have to play each other and BC a couple times and I think they'll beat up on each other and BC will beat up on them), beat MC in three games and lose to UML in the semi's (I'd love to see a Umass-UML final). That's good for a 21-17-1 record and if everything else works out, they could sneak into the NCAA's. If they get the right match-up, who knows maybe they even win a game.

Just making some predictions, but this is how I think the final standings could work out:
        BC 38
        UNH 36
        BU 33
        PC 30
        MC 27
        UML 27
        Umass 26
        Maine 22
        NU 18
        Vermont 17

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
          I'm gonna say right now that I think that loss to NU has to do something to this team. I don't care if your coach is the least inspiring least motivating person on the planet. That loss has got to make them hungry.
          One would have thought a beating from UMass Amherst in the Beanpot tuneup game would have made them hungry, though. That plus a lackluster effort in the freakin Beanpot makes me think something is seriously wrong.
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            One would have thought a beating from UMass Amherst in the Beanpot tuneup game would have made them hungry, though. That plus a lackluster effort in the freakin Beanpot makes me think something is seriously wrong.
            Yeah, if it was just a matter of this team "waking up", one would think getting spanked by Denver would have done the trick. Then losses to Harvard, NU, UML, UMass and now NU again (in the Beanpot no less) - each one of them should be more of a wake up slap than the prior. I've just accepted that this team is not that good. Why so many players are playing so much worse than in the first half is a mystery, but the longer it continues, the more it has to be considered the real face of the team. At this point, I'm not sure who we are better than in HE, but it seems like some of the other teams that were struggling early on have found their groove and I just hope they don't catch us - Merrimack, UML, etc.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Its not like we've been getting our @ sses kicked by the cream of the crop. We've been getting smoked by the cellar dwellers. I wouldn't be happy losing games to UNH and BC but hey, it happens. But Northeastern? UMass?
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Actually the quote that was most interesting to me was:

“I guess we should be a little more concerned about trying to … make sure we get kids who are more dedicated to their decision,”

This really makes me wonder about the recruiting and vetting process.

Who is actually doing the recruiting?

Are we simply going after the "best" players available without considering other aspects?

Are we asking them things like: "Do you think that NCAA hockey is the best path to the NHL?"; "Are you interested in academics as well, or are you only here for Hockey"?; "Have you been in a situation where you are not one of the top 2 or 3 players on a team before?"

Have we spoken to their coaches and asked if they have faced adversity before and how did they react to it?

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                That plus a lackluster effort in the freakin Beanpot makes me think something is seriously wrong.
                I'm not sure I would say it was a lackluster effort. Lackluster performance? Yes for sure. But I don't know that it was effort.
                Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  See, this is the kind of stuff that is just completely unnecessary and I don't even know how you can argue the other way.
                  Coyle has been a really good player for us, there’s no question about it, but it’s not as if we’ll miss his total output. He was on the first line since he’s been here. He was on the power play since he’s been here. He couldn’t have possibly gotten more ice time than he had. We can replace him with a lot more guys in that ice time and get a lot more goals than just his three.
                  Lather rinse repeat
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Semi-related...

Jack Parker laying the smackdown on Myron and Cisse: "But in general, we have enough players. It’s been whittled down, but we have the players we want. It’s not like we lost somebody that we wish was still here."
                    Yeah, that doesn't make me feel better about things.
                    Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      I'm not sure I would say it was a lackluster effort. Lackluster performance? Yes for sure. But I don't know that it was effort.
                      Fair enough. I didn't think they were awful either but Parker seems to be very unhappy and differentiating this one from the other close call BPot losses recently.

Bad decision here, Roy goal #2. Crazy weird bounce there, Roy goal #3. Game over. Really fine line between losing and maybe going into OT.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        Lather rinse repeat
                        Are you sure that wasn't Jofa that said that? BTW, where did he go once he showed up and denied saying that Coyle was a terrible hockey player (and had that easily refuted)?

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Only redeeming quality is it's a pick me up for the current players.
                          yeah, i suppose you could hope that's why he said it and maybe i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you (or anyone else) don't believe that's the case..............

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            yeah, i suppose you could hope that's why he said it and maybe i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you (or anyone else) don't believe that's the case..............
                            Well he did give a lot of kudos to some other players who are still here in the same interview.

But given the situation i agree... give the players here the kudos in public. no comment on the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Are you sure that wasn't Jofa that said that? BTW, where did he go once he showed up and denied saying that Coyle was a terrible hockey player (and had that easily refuted)?
                              Coyle ppg in 2011/2012: .875 (3-11-14)
                              Coyle career ppg: .724
                              His replacements rest of season: .696 (7-9-16)

Nieto ppg/gpg with coyle: 1.14/.57
                              Without coyle rest of season: 1.14/.35
                              Without Coyle since: 1.13/.31
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                He has probably been tied up on the phone with president brown.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X