X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
    Speaking of players leaving, stories popping up that Charlie Coyle was called up by Minnesota today. Carry on...
    That's impossible. Many people here said he was a terrible hockey player. How could they be wrong?
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I want the guys to stay and do well...I do. Glass, Saponari, Cisse, Nicastro, Trivino, Myron, Bennett, Coyle et al. Why is there so much turnover? When was jack wrong about them? When he recruited them or when they got to campus? The other poster is right. The 2009 team was full of nhlers and had little to do with the coaching. It's hard to watch players get worse, the team, get worse, and the poor decisions on and Off the ice...and the worst part is this poster wouldn't care too much if this team won 25 games a year or ahem...won at home.
      Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
        \When he recruited them or when they got to campus? \
        Basically since 2005, its been when they got here. 2002, 2003 over achieved. Maybe even 2006

Comment

y'all want change? call brownie on monday. stop whining about it here.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You really want to fire Jack Parker?!?!?! After he kicked out football?!?!?! All your school has is Jack Parker and Howard Stern... and about 5 freshman that get hit by the B line every year.
            UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

The only way Jack Parker is leaving is in a hearse. The man won't retire.

"You can have the program back... When you pull it from my cold dead hands!"
              Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 02-03-2013, 03:13 AM.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
                You really want to fire Jack Parker?!?!?! After he kicked out football?!?!?! All your school has is Jack Parker and Howard Stern... and about 5 freshman that get hit by the B line every year.
                I am a UNH grad and I don't even think you can talk...what does UNH have? A team that has underachieved under Umile throughout his tenure!

Come on man, don't talk about BU's issues when they are just as bad as UNH's!
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  I am a UNH grad and I don't even think you can talk...what does UNH have? A team that has underachieved under Umile throughout his tenure!

Come on man, don't talk about BU's issues when they are just as bad as UNH's!
                  I hope that wasn't trying to make us feel better

Comment

Nice weekend Brown !! You deserve better...keep her goin !
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                      'm beginning to feel like 2009 was a fluke.

wait really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        That's impossible. Many people here said he was a terrible hockey player. How could they be wrong?
                        He was great before BU, left BU and was a goal scoring machine in the Q, and now he's heading to the big show. What does that tell you about Parkuh?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          I hope that wasn't trying to make us feel better
                          i don't think so and i don't think anyone would. When you are one of the signature programs of college hockey, no one ever feels bad when chit happens to you

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            When you are one of the signature programs of college hockey...
                            I don't think we are going to be a "signature" program much longer. What's sad about this is that a guy spends 40 years building/adding to (however you want to split hairs) a legacy and then allows it to all melt away (pun intended) right before our (and his) eyes. And for all you "defenders" out there, think about this. It's kind of unfortunately ironic that for a school with such a large "anti-establishment" tradition, you are all tripping over each other to perpetuate this. Wake up and get your heads out of the sand!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              I don't think we are going to be a "signature" program much longer.....

*sigh*

duluth. bc.

that is how many 'schools' have added national championships to their signature since bu last won.

Comment

It has been so long since BU was an elite program for a sustained period, that many BU fans don't get why some of the older folk around here have lost their patience. I didn't experience the 70's, but I did experience the 90's, and we have fallen so far from there, that it is sad. I get the fact that you can't be on top forever, and I know that our run in the 90's was helped by the fact that BC fell off the face of the earth for several years. But if you look at the trend, for the first few years of the FF drought, we were close. OT loss in 98 Regional Final, 4OT loss in 2000 Regional Final, I think we also lost to UNH in 2003 in the Regional final (is that the right year, when we lost 4-0)? 2006 we ran into a fired up BC team in the Regional final. But if you take out 2009, which was fully loaded with NHL talent, the trend is that we have gotten worse. If this year's squad doesn't reach the FF (a very good bet at this point), that will mean 1 FF in 16 years!!!!

In addition to the fact that we haven't had national level success other than 2009, the following issues have been consistent themes through these lean years:
                                - a lack of discipline on the ice - dumb penalties, often at the worst times. Why can't this problem be fixed?
                                - off ice issues - clearly last year was the worst example, but there have been others - we used to get character guys that were also really good hockey played (see Mike Grier). Has the priority shifted here?
                                - weak on faceoffs - this may seem like nit-picking, but again, we consistently are poor in this area. Every now and then we get someone who is great at them, but other than that, we seem to be on the short end in most games. With all the years of coaching behind the bench, doesn't anyone know how to teach these?
                                - 60-minute effort - this years team has been a welcome change in this regard, but prior teams have seemed to have trouble giving their all for 60 minutes.

The answer is to most of these issues is so clear that even Parker has admitted it himself - he can't relate to players anymore. They are SO much younger than him. His approach doesn't work with this generation. But he has not tried to adapt, at least in a meaningful way. Unfortunately, the longer he refuses to give in to the obvious changes going on around him, the more he is hurting the institution that is BU Hockey. Other posters are right, while I wish he had stepped down about 12 years ago, 2009 would have ben his perfect opportunity. Most fans would have forgotten the drought from '98 to '09, given the magical ride that 2009 was. But that ship has sailed, and now problems and a lack of success are grabbing the headlines again.

The worse part is that if he doesn't pass the torch soon, we are going to have no shot at the guys we really want to take it - Sullivan or Quinn.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X