This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Wes Myron has left BU, per the Boston Hockey Blog Twitter....

https://***********/BOShockeyblog/status/297410613343313922
    Last edited by joen05; 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM. Reason: Added Link

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Originally posted by joen05 View Post

You know on Tuesday when the USA Today rankings came out and made BU the 9/11 BU Terriers, I was like that's a bad omen. I was gonna come on here and post that but I was like nah people will just think I'm crazy. I may still be crazy but BU is down another player. Where was that inside info guy on this? At least he was wrong about Kurker not coming to BU. Or maybe he was speaking figuratively and knew that the Kurker everyone expected wouldn't show up. That would be impressive.

Comment

hoky should be posting about this shortly

Comment

• Originally posted by joen05 View Post

I guess Northeastern just picked up a new recruit.

Comment

Every school is going to have a midseason departure once in a while. But BU is bordering on ridiculous with this. 6 players in the last 2.5 seasons for various reasons?

Myron/Cisse/Trivino/Nicastro/Coyle/Glass

Am I missing any? That is a very unusually high number.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrance View Post
              I guess Northeastern just picked up a new recruit.
              Guys you might as well just start a new thread because Terrance just won this one.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I've brought that up before, but some prefer to whistle past the graveyard...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Every school is going to have a midseason departure once in a while. But BU is bordering on ridiculous with this. 6 players in the last 2.5 seasons for various reasons?

Myron/Cisse/Trivino/Nicastro/Coyle/Glass

Am I missing any? That is a very unusually high number.
                  It's way past ridiculous.

What other conclusions can you draw than that kids just don't like being at BU these days. And if hit with a little adversity, like being told they need to up their game & earn their ice time (which Myron definitely did need to do), they decide they'd rather leave than do that.
                  Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                    It's way past ridiculous.

What other conclusions can you draw than that kids just don't like being at BU these days. And if hit with a little adversity, like being told they need to up their game & earn their ice time (which Myron definitely did need to do), they decide they'd rather leave than do that.
                    That the hockey scholarship application should have a question that reads: "Are you a quitter?" __Yes __No __Depends __Don't Know __Ask Me Later

BU Hockey: Cult of Quit
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Seems there's too much "What can BU do for me?"
                      A potent mix of selfishness, delusion, and impatience on the part of many of these players, IMO. Now if, during recruiting, these kids are all being told they will become NHLers after two years, maybe I can summon a tiny bit of sympathy.
                      Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                        Seems there's too much "What can BU do for me?"
                        A potent mix of selfishness, delusion, and impatience on the part of many of these players, IMO. Now if, during recruiting, these kids are all being told they will become NHLers after two years, maybe I can summon a tiny bit of sympathy.
                        They got rid of the post game beer and booty calls on the ice. Who wouldn't leave.....

Comment

As much as I would like to lump this in to the big picture and facilitate a change at the top, I put this one on Myron. Perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise that when a Vancouver native, drafted by his home team, goes to the other coast to play hockey, and things are not working out as he envisioned, he quits. Parker seems to have given him plenty of opportunities to get his game going, but it just hadn't happened yet. I wish he would have looked down the bench to Mr. Hohmann and Mr. Rodrigues to see what a difference a year can make. But he obviously chose not to. I do think it's comical that he is going to "attempt to play professionally" when he has hardly even shown he belongs at the D-1 level. I could understand if he was jumping to the WHL. But seriously, Pro Hockey?

Perhaps I'm wrong and this is another case where Parker's attempt to motivate Wes by benching him backfired on him, due to a lack of communication.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Burn it to the ground Jack and Bavis....in a couple years they'll be nothing left.
                            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

I was working on some light-hearted comeback to the "why are so many players quitting BU these days" thing earlier -- something along the lines of "How do we know this isn't because the coaches have finally turned a corner and are demanding blah blah blah, and the jerks they possibly-unknowingly recruited see things are different now, and it's just a stretch we'll have to go through until people realize they mean business now . . . " And so on. Real funny stuff. Yuk yuk yuk.

Then I get back from my daughter's play tonight, and see a 5-1 whupping at the hands of UMass. So, never mind. Not interested in the funny stuff.
                              Bugs Bunny - 96
                              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

We suck
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X