This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Absolutely. This one post sums it up as succinctly as any I have seen for the past month.
    They had a defenseman who used to do that on the powerplay all the time a few years back. Can't remember which one but it used to drive me nuts. He'd take the puck and skate behind his own net and stand there for 10 seconds, thus wasting valuable time and allowing the other team to change up and get set up. After about the 50th time you'd think somebody would wake Parker up from his nap on the bench to tell the kid to cut that the #$%^ out.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      They had a defenseman who used to do that on the powerplay all the time a few years back. Can't remember which one but it used to drive me nuts. He'd take the puck and skate behind his own net and stand there for 10 seconds, thus wasting valuable time and allowing the other team to change up and get set up. After about the 50th time you'd think somebody would wake Parker up from his nap on the bench to tell the kid to cut that the #$%^ out.
      So you actually believe that the coaching staff does not see that? Just stands there in practice and lets them do it wrong? Doesnt point it out on film, if they thought it was an issue?

Ok

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        So you actually believe that the coaching staff does not see that? Just stands there in practice and lets them do it wrong? Doesnt point it out on film, if they thought it was an issue?

Ok
        I think there's dual culpability for this kind of play. The coaches have to establish a mindset on the team of the kind of offense and defense they want to run and make sure it's emblazoned into the heads of all of the players. This type of retreat and regroup play would suggest they need to do a better job of this. At the same time, there's an onus on the players to know from their previous years of play how dumb some of these plays are. The Kurker one, for example, that's a dumb play you learn not to make in squirts. I don't want Parker and the coaches wasting time in practice going over that that's a bad play, the players should know that.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          I think there's dual culpability for this kind of play. The coaches have to establish a mindset on the team of the kind of offense and defense they want to run and make sure it's emblazoned into the heads of all of the players. This type of retreat and regroup play would suggest they need to do a better job of this. At the same time, there's an onus on the players to know from their previous years of play how dumb some of these plays are. The Kurker one, for example, that's a dumb play you learn not to make in squirts. I don't want Parker and the coaches wasting time in practice going over that that's a bad play, the players should know that.
          Also there is no way a comment by Rover could have possibly have had a hint of sarcasm, always read his post as literally as humanly possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            Also there is no way a comment by Rover could have possibly have had a hint of sarcasm, always read his post as literally as humanly possible.
            I was speaking more generally, I don't even know why I quoted Hooky talking to Rover, probably because my boss was about to walk by my computer and I quickly clicked it.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              One is better off just skipping said posts altogether
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                You could be talking about Warshofsky or Clendening, as both were guilty of this. Each of them went through long spells where they'd stand behind the net looking to make the home run pass instead of advancing the puck-- which actually would have opened up a teammate for a pass. I'm under the impression that coaches told them to knock it off, but it took a long time for the message to get through. A few times recently Grzelcyk (can I buy another vowel?) has done the same thing. Maybe they should retire the number 5.

PS Sometimes you'll see a defenseman do this midway on a PP when the units are changing up. But even then -- maybe especially then -- puck movement stirs the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post

PS Sometimes you'll see a defenseman do this midway on a PP when the units are changing up. But even then -- maybe especially then -- puck movement stirs the pot.
                  This is what I was going to mention. When the d-man is sitting behind the net halfway through a power play, it is so that the rest of the group can change and get the typical PP rush started. You know, where a forward circles behind the net, and either takes the puck or leaves it with the d-man, and they rush up ice.

I gotta be honest, I haven't noticed the guys sitting behind the net for what seems like a long time other than in the above scenario.. Have there been times where they may start up and then retreat because of a mis-handle, sure.

Then again, if Kevin Schaeffer had taken a little more time behind the net in Worcester, Brian Boyle may not have scored a gimme goal on the way to the ugly 5-0 Regional Final loss.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

you gotta love the people that give you neg rep then don't identify themselves. Nice work, dill bag................now YOU go to church!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      you gotta love the people that give you neg rep then don't identify themselves. Nice work, dill bag................now YOU go to church!
                      Who is dill bag? Should we collectively bomb him?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Who is dill bag? Should we collectively bomb him?
                        no clue, i don't have the plus thingy or what ever it is you need to have to know who sends it. I guess i wasn't supposed to laugh when one of your posters said some players were rushing to see if they could be the worse player on the team after Cisse left, or words to that effect

Comment

So it sounds like OC for the Beanpot?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            So it sounds like OC for the Beanpot?
                            Interesting. Not sure I agree with that, but I guess both payed ok last weekend after having poor games prior. OC had more poor games.

Does that mean OC is getting both games? I would think Parker has not indicated who will start in the final/conso game. Would be silly to look that far ahead at this point. Hopefully, each of them will get one game, unless their play strongly discourages such a setup.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Interesting. Not sure I agree with that, but I guess both payed ok last weekend after having poor games prior. OC had more poor games.

Does that mean OC is getting both games? I would think Parker has not indicated who will start in the final/conso game. Would be silly to look that far ahead at this point. Hopefully, each of them will get one game, unless their play strongly discourages such a setup.
                              No idea its just what i saw on BHB tweet....didn't say anything about next week. Just said Maguire on Fri and OC on Mon.

Comment

Assuming Maguire and O'Connor play about evenly Friday and Monday, respectively, I would assume it would be Maguire on Friday and O'Connor on Monday again the next week. Parker seems pretty set on this rotation of late. But yes, looking that far ahead at this point is mostly pointless.

Comment

Working...
                                X