X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Pro: the team came back twice this weekend to get points in games they were losing.

Con: this team is just not as good as we thought earlier this year. They can compete with most teams, but they belong in a group with PC and NU, not BC and UNH (ignoring the Eagles sweep by Maine).
    Nobody is running away in the league this year.

1. UNH has the fewest losses in HE, five (which strikes me as a high number for this time in the season).
    2. Right behind them, BU is one of five teams with six losses.
    3. In the last four games, BU got only 3 of the 8 available points BUT gained ground on BC. (Has that ever happened before?) We're moaning about lackluster losses to NU and Lowell, but what do Eagles fans make of being kissed twice by Maine in their own rink?

Punchline: it's going to be a great stretch run.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      (ignoring the Eagles sweep by Maine).
      Why ignore that though?

Comment

My hope is that this is rock bottom for BC and that maine goes on to knock off some other teams. We'll see.

Being "kissed" by maine is scary to think about...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          My hope is that this is rock bottom for BC and that maine goes on to knock off some other teams. We'll see.

Being "kissed" by maine is scary to think about...

Dont count on it
          You cant win with 2 lines at the end

Film has a way of exposing that and coaches make adjustments

Comment

Ok hoky, put it out there...what is your prediction

Comment

Ok hoky, put it out there...what is your prediction

Hockeyeastless frozen four, outside maybe UNH if they get lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                Dont count on it
                You cant win with 2 lines at the end

Film has a way of exposing that and coaches make adjustments
                Can you name one HE team with three lines that are scoring threats? I look at the scoring stats for each team that comes into Agganis. The dropoff after two lines is obvious.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I don't see the correlation between BC not making it to the FF and playing better than they did against maine. Two very different things. I mean, predicting that this BC team won't make the FF really isn't bold.

Comment

I don't see the correlation between BC not making it to the FF and playing better than they did against maine. Two very different things. I mean, predicting that this BC team won't make the FF really isn't bold.
                    True

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      Can you name one HE team with three lines that are scoring threats? I look at the scoring stats for each team that comes into Agganis. The dropoff after two lines is obvious.

And thus the problem

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        Yeah, not sure what is up with Oksanen. Seems like something switched in his head. He looked pretty darn solid in the first half. But lately, he looks like he doesn't know what to do with the puck, and therefore, doesn't go after it, seems to hope it doesn't come to him. Hopefully it's just a confidence/head thing and he can get past it. While the Kurker play was ugly, and dumb on his part, at least he didn't hesitate - he knew what he wanted to do, it was just a bad judgement on his part. O'Connor didn't help matters letting the puck slide right through his legs.
                        I really like Oksanen. He has great hands, great vision, clears the zone very well and has a hard, low shot that is pretty accurate from the point. He should be terrific on the power play for four years.
                        On the down side, he needs to improve his skating, become more physical and consistent in his own end.
                        I believe the areas where he is lacking can be improved, with hard work and experience.

Comment

To simplify it, better BC teams than this have missed the frozen four. Honestly, UML could be the best team in the league right now.

Comment

Tried

Comment

Anybody else concerned about Nieto? He just doesn't look the same. Just doesn't seem to have that extra gear he used to, nor the stick handling he used to. Seemed to pull up instead of beating that last guy a few times last night (and on other occasions this year). Do we think there's an injury there? Something doesn't look right.

Comment

I'm more worried about Harry Cleverly's eyes than anything else. Aside from the bit about his shot, that assessment of Oksanen is a little ponderous. He maybe has shown some of those things early in the year, but right now he's an absolute puddle out there.

For that matter, the whole team looked to be playing scared for the first half of that game. Made them look like a lower tier HS team at times. They picked it up later in the second and through the third and OT, but man they were scary early.
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X