This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Listen folks. The dives, the stickwork after the whistle. The act is getting real tired and obvious if you're paying attention in the stands. It's humorous at times because it's our guy. I guess you'd call it being an agitator. At best it gets matching minors with him being the better of the two players in the box. It's not tough,intimidating, or physical hockey. Pretty obvious to me the refs watch him
    closely. Not helping him or the team. And Jack didn't have too much of a response after the call was made which tells me the call, made by the ref 5 feet from the play wasn't that far fetched.
    Talented player but Cmon...smarten up.
    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Ya something tells me bonanza's account of what happened is way off if there was no reaction from parker.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
        Listen folks. The dives, the stickwork after the whistle. The act is getting real tired and obvious if you're paying attention in the stands. It's humorous at times because it's our guy. I guess you'd call it being an agitator. At best it gets matching minors with him being the better of the two players in the box. It's not tough,intimidating, or physical hockey. Pretty obvious to me the refs watch him
        closely. Not helping him or the team. And Jack didn't have too much of a response after the call was made which tells me the call, made by the ref 5 feet from the play wasn't that far fetched.
        Talented player but Cmon...smarten up.
        noonan's call? parker absolutely had something to say about it. and i was looking right down the goal line at the play, wasn't remotely close to a spear. as i said, two for tripping absolutely, nothing beyond that. but your other points are right, the discipline is running out of control. it got better for a couple of games in early january, but really killed us tonight.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Ugh...Where to begin?...Noonan doesn't deserve the "A". He can't help himself, can he? Spearing the goalie in the junk? If I wanted that the team should have kept Nicastro. They just look lost out there. UML controlled the puck, controlled play, had better legs, more chances, and deserved to win. The better team won. Plain and simple. It's over Jack. Bavis need not apply.

I'll say this: BU didn't pack it in but didn't deserve to be on the ice with Harvard, Northeastern, or UML. They used to fold after the Beanpot, I guess it's Christmas break now. Time for Jack to kick somebody off the team to "send a message". Note to AD Lynch: Let's not let this devolve into a full-blown Paterno thing...

Looking forward to getting swept by PC next weekend!
          Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM.
          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

When your reputation precedes you trips can become spears rather easily. Its not like these antics take place in between thunderous body checks
            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

I'm not surprised at all that the team is behaving off the ice this season (and kudos to them for that) but I am surprised that they are still out of control on the ice. I really expected both of those things to be fixed after last season. Partly because at least on the ice you got rid of an out of control dbag in Clendenning.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                So. Another embellishment penalty for BU.

You had like a 5 or 6 game streak going there without one. This Hockey East conspiracy to keep calling BU on these penalties after Jack Parker accused everyone else of diving is getting bigger than the Manti Te'o story. Unreal.
                Glad to see you've moved on from whining that Kyle Rau (5 foot 6 Kyle Rau!) was being mean to your Igles. (Poor, poor Igles!)
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

As if BU fans have never whined about 5'6" guys from BC

Comment

So. Another embellishment penalty for BU.

You had like a 5 or 6 game streak going there without one. This Hockey East conspiracy to keep calling BU on these penalties after Jack Parker accused everyone else of diving is getting bigger than the Manti Te'o story. Unreal.
                    Just wanted to show off the signature.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

If Parker doesn't add a second game in the stands to Noonan like he did with Privitera, the respect dial will inch a little further down. Noonan was lucky enough to not get benched after his play at the end of the Denver game. But last night was ridiculous. I called the embellishment before the ref made the signal that he was taking both. ENOUGH ALREADY! And then the major which turned a hill into a mountain for the team to try to climb.....completely inexcusable. Should it have been a major, perhaps not (other posters seem pretty confident that it was a trip). Should it have ben a penalty, absolutely. So regardless of what the call was, it was a HORRIBLE play by the ASSISTANT CAPTAIN, which showed that he is more concerned with getting in cheap shots where he can than winning the game. I get the fact that he is an agitator. He spent half the Northeastern game trying to goad Roy into doing something stupid. But the refs are on to him, and he will get the short end of a call if there is any doubt, for the rest of his Hockey East career.

If I were the coach, Noonan would lose his A, sit two games, and be on a VERY short leash for sitting more games.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Apart from my Noonan rant, thoughts on the game:

- 4, count them 4 cross bars - if one or two of those go in, the outcome certainly could have been different (especially Grzelcyk's).
                        - O'Connor was very deep in his net on the SH 2 on 1 that resulted in a goal. A sign of a lack of confidence.
                        - Nice weekend for Rodrigues. He almost had a SHG to tie the game after stealing the puck. The puck seemed to go on edge just as he shot it 5-hole.
                        - Privitera was undressed for the second straight game. Luckily, this time, OC made the save, so it won't make the lowlight reel.
                        - Kurker seems to be developing. He seems more confident in using his size. He had one nice rush in the third period.
                        - Myron sat - not sure if it was an injury thing - I'm guessing not. Probably a good move, since his play seems to have dropped. Hopefully the move will work and he'll come out like a ball of fire next weekend.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I'm not surprised at all that the team is behaving off the ice this season (and kudos to them for that) but I am surprised that they are still out of control on the ice. I really expected both of those things to be fixed after last season. Partly because at least on the ice you got rid of an out of control dbag in Clendenning.
                          I don't think Clendenning was an "out of control dbag" but Noonan has certainly become one. It seemed strange when it was announced, but now it is clear that it was a monumental mistake on Parker for giving Noonan the A mid-season and it should be removed immediately.

I'm not surprised the team is playing and acting this way after hearing comments like Parker saying he "doesn't believe in motivating the players," it is just disappointing given how this season has started. My expectations for this team from even a month ago have gone far downwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                            I don't think Clendenning was an "out of control dbag" but Noonan has certainly become one. It seemed strange when it was announced, but now it is clear that it was a monumental mistake on Parker for giving Noonan the A mid-season and it should be removed immediately.

I'm not surprised the team is playing and acting this way after hearing comments like Parker saying he "doesn't believe in motivating the players," it is just disappointing given how this season has started. My expectations for this team from even a month ago have gone far downwards.
                            I completely agree. I thought after UNH, BC, and NoDak this team might rattle off 12 wins in a row. Can't say for sure what's wrong with them but they look lost and hemmed in their own zone the last three home games. It's bad right now and they are unlikely to make the tournament if this continues much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              If Parker doesn't add a second game in the stands to Noonan like he did with Privitera, the respect dial will inch a little further down. Noonan was lucky enough to not get benched after his play at the end of the Denver game. But last night was ridiculous. I called the embellishment before the ref made the signal that he was taking both. ENOUGH ALREADY! And then the major which turned a hill into a mountain for the team to try to climb.....completely inexcusable. Should it have been a major, perhaps not (other posters seem pretty confident that it was a trip). Should it have ben a penalty, absolutely. So regardless of what the call was, it was a HORRIBLE play by the ASSISTANT CAPTAIN, which showed that he is more concerned with getting in cheap shots where he can than winning the game. I get the fact that he is an agitator. He spent half the Northeastern game trying to goad Roy into doing something stupid. But the refs are on to him, and he will get the short end of a call if there is any doubt, for the rest of his Hockey East career.

If I were the coach, Noonan would lose his A, sit two games, and be on a VERY short leash for sitting more games.
                              Completely agree with everything you said. Does any one know why Escobedo is no longer an "A," and Noonan is? Would Parker switch back?

Also, I saw Jake Moscatel dressed and served Noonan's 5 minute major, but did he take a regular shift? I was listening on-line and didn't hear Bernie call his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                                Completely agree with everything you said. Does any one know why Escobedo is no longer an "A," and Noonan is? Would Parker switch back?

Also, I saw Jake Moscatel dressed and served Noonan's 5 minute major, but did he take a regular shift? I was listening on-line and didn't hear Bernie call his name.
                                Moscatel played a bunch of regular shifts.

Comment

Working...
                                X