Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

    Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    Could just be for the long weekend, he was going to miss Friday classes anyways for the game, Monday is off, and he lives within driving distance, this isn't like Max going to Cali. I sure hope he is back on campus Tuesday.

    I also would have let him practice and be a part of the team but not play games, that's how my coaches always handled suspensions.
    Was also curious about the going home. Hope you are right. Also agree re: remaining part of the team. Cutting him out in that way seems designed to make him choose to go elsewhere.



    Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Agganis View Post

      I also would have let him practice and be a part of the team but not play games, that's how my coaches always handled suspensions.
      Do we know the details on this part? If anything I would think he would not be just allowed but expected to show up to practice and workouts.

      Comment


      • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

        The administration at BU doesn't have the stones to fire Jack Parker. He is the Favre of NCAA hockey, parade has passed, doesn't know its time to leave, but his team can't summon the nuts to push him out.
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

        Comment


        • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

          Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

          The quotes from Twitter about him going home to be with his family are odd. Does this kid have zero interest in academics?
          He goes to Boston "University", doesn't he?
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

          Comment


          • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

            Who do I want to follow on twitter???
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

            Comment


            • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

              Originally posted by mwade View Post
              Was also curious about the going home. Hope you are right. Also agree re: remaining part of the team. Cutting him out in that way seems designed to make him choose to go elsewhere.
              I don't know if it's been said one way or the other if he's allowed to practice with the team or not. From the quotes of the players, it would seem like not. Also don't know if there's any contingencies in this suspension. If Parker hadn't have acted, the league likely would have. Not for the season, but at least two games, if not more.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

              Comment


              • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                How can he banish Privitera and not Noonan? Noonan is a 5 minute major waiting to happen...he speared the UML goalie in the junk.

                How long before the team walks out on Jack and Bavis? It's going to be like the end of Varsity Blues where the coach is pacing and no one follows him.
                Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 02-14-2013, 06:55 PM.
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

                Comment


                • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                  Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                  How can he banish Privitera and not Noonan? Noonan is a 5 minute major waiting to happen...he speared the UML goalie in the junk.

                  How long before the team walks out on Jack and Bavis? It's going to be like the end of Varsity Blues where the coach is pacing and no one follows him.
                  Noonan has been suspended once, Privitera three times, that's why.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Noonan has been suspended once, Privitera three times, that's why.
                    So UML's goalie has one nut left ??
                    sure why not

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      So UML's goalie has one nut left ??
                      No, he still has two. He has to keep one in a jar now though...
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                        Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        He goes to Boston "University", doesn't he?
                        ah c'mon D!!

                        bu is the 3rd best safety skool in boston

                        bc 23%
                        nu 20%
                        bu 19%
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                          Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                          He goes to Boston "University", doesn't he?
                          I'm like the quotes around "university" since the place is really just a diploma mill. And if Privitera cared about academics, he would have gone to a real university.
                          1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

                          Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

                          B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                            Originally posted by TimP View Post
                            I'm like the quotes around "university" since the place is really just a diploma mill. And if Privitera cared about academics, he would have gone to a real university.
                            I'm like, yeah, I agree.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                              All in all I think I'm with JP on this suspension ... that being said, I think if he had sat him for 2 to 4 games as a final chance, I probably would not have questioned that either.

                              I do think in this case, with respect to all of the twitter etc... JP would have been better to say "We have decided to suspend Alexx from the team for the remainder of the semester due to the repeat of bad penalties. We hope that when/if he returns next season that he is a more disciplined player." And perhaps elaborating on the warnings that he was given.

                              Sounds like he had his warnings and knew the consequence of another incident though. Makes you wonder why on earth he can't seem to control himself on the ice.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                All in all I think I'm with JP on this suspension ... that being said, I think if he had sat him for 2 to 4 games as a final chance, I probably would not have questioned that either.

                                I do think in this case, with respect to all of the twitter etc... JP would have been better to say "We have decided to suspend Alexx from the team for the remainder of the semester due to the repeat of bad penalties. We hope that when/if he returns next season that he is a more disciplined player." And perhaps elaborating on the warnings that he was given.

                                Sounds like he had his warnings and knew the consequence of another incident though. Makes you wonder why on earth he can't seem to control himself on the ice.

                                Take the cages off and it wouldn't happen. In USHL where they fight, he did none of that. Everyone is a tough guy in ncaa
                                Thus the instigator penalty debate goes on
                                Just like clendenning chirped a ton at bu but zero in ushl

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X