Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

    Is Noonan next? He's a JR, most penalties on the team, close 2nd to Privitera in PIMS and only a matter of time before he does something moronic again.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      Not sure BU will get there anytime soon especially with how that program is over there now. Its been going downhill on and off the ice.
      You realize nick was busting YOU here? Right?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

      Comment


      • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

        Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Yikes. This seems a bit harsh to me. I would have had him sit the weekend and told him the next time he "loses it" it's 3 games, and THEN if he can't control himself give him the heave ho.

        Basically, this is asking the kid to leave (and to take his brother with him.)

        BU Hockey: Running Out of Players
        Don't agree. This is his third suspension of the year. He's been suspended for the short term twice this year and it still has not affected his behavior on the ice. This is the case of a kid who seemed to not get that his play was directly hurting the team, so he had to be made an example of, in addition to taking his third strike on Monday. If he was allowed back on the ice, this would've happened again, and potentially in an even more damaging situation for the team.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

        Comment


        • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

          The more I think about this, the more this seems like another Parker knee-jerk reaction. Remember how he wanted to fire Zach Cohen, but Gilroy talked him out of it? Russ Bartlett anyone? Jeez, Jack. Marriage, er, I mean player relationships take a little work sometimes. Cutting and running is the easy way out.

          BU Hockey: Need Counseling
          It Happened!!!!

          Comment


          • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

            Agree with Bomber that suspending him for the year is harsh. But, at this point, what does ole JackPa have to lose?

            Comment


            • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

              Now have we confirmed that the hoky ushl player is the suspended player?? Or is someone leaving post-suspension before the lifeboats are full?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

              Comment


              • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Now have we confirmed that the hoky ushl player is the suspended player?? Or is someone leaving post-suspension before the lifeboats are full?
                There is probably someone else leaving as well.

                How's the band broomball team looking this year? We might need to call a few players up.
                It Happened!!!!

                Comment


                • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                  Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  The more I think about this, the more this seems like another Parker knee-jerk reaction. Remember how he wanted to fire Zach Cohen, but Gilroy talked him out of it? Russ Bartlett anyone? Jeez, Jack. Marriage, er, I mean player relationships take a little work sometimes. Cutting and running is the easy way out.

                  BU Hockey: Need Counseling
                  But Zach Cohen wasn't suspended twice for the same thing and then committed the same infraction on the ice yet again.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    There is probably someone else leaving as well.....
                    Freep!!!!
                    Fed league!!!!
                    Hoky!!!!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                      Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      There is probably someone else leaving as well.

                      How's the band broomball team looking this year? We might need to call a few players up.
                      broomball players are sissies...I go after the womens hockey team, at least they getit and might behave themselves. not to mention make for a lively locker room.
                      sure why not

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                        Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Don't agree. This is his third suspension of the year. He's been suspended for the short term twice this year and it still has not affected his behavior on the ice. This is the case of a kid who seemed to not get that his play was directly hurting the team, so he had to be made an example of, in addition to taking his third strike on Monday. If he was allowed back on the ice, this would've happened again, and potentially in an even more damaging situation for the team.
                        It's interesting isn't it? The bolded part kind of stuck out.

                        3 strikes and you're out: Privitera
                        4 strikes and you're out: Trivino. Worth noting that Parker rightly predicted a 4th problem with Trivino and still let him come back.

                        Let me ask this, with the Task Force and all sorts of people breathing down his neck, was this necessary by Parker to keep everyone happy? Would he have done this a few years ago? Would he have kicked Sabo off the team for smashing a kid's face in if it happened this season?

                        I know Parker's Wheel of Injustice gets everyone riled up and I'm actually not trying to flame here but... seriously it should raise an eyebrow.
                        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-14-2013, 01:52 PM.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          I just realized this is his 3rd suspension this season. I remembered the kick vs. Denver but forgot about the issue he had with an ND fan in the penalty box (allegedly).

                          At first I was thinking this is pretty harsh but now it seems a little less so.
                          Karma is a b!+ch

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                            Hopefully Jack Eichel is watching all of this closely...

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                              Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              There is probably someone else leaving as well.
                              I'm pretty sure Privitera is who Hoky was referring to. As others have mentioned, Privitera leaving school could be a possibility now, but I haven't heard anything more than speculation in that regard.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                It's interesting isn't it? The bolded part kind of stuck out.

                                3 strikes and you're out: Privitera
                                4 strikes and you're out: Trivino. Worth noting that Parker rightly predicted a 4th problem with Trivino and still let him come back.

                                Let me ask this, with the Task Force and all sorts of people breathing down his neck, was this necessary by Parker to keep everyone happy? Would he have done this a few years ago? Would he have kicked Sabo off the team last decade for smashing a kid's face in if it happened this season?

                                I know Parker's Wheel of Injustice gets everyone riled up and I'm actually not trying to flame here but... seriously it should raise an eyebrow.
                                I don't know, at some level I look at it as a bit of apples and oranges, certainly with respect to Sabo since that was so long ago and the climate around the team was different. I'm not sure the task force stuff really played much of a role in this since this is 100% on-ice behavior that, while ridiculously dumb within the context of the game, is not something the task force took into consideration at all, and certainly not something that's going to show up in a Globe headline. In short, it's not bad press for the university. Maybe it played a bit of a role from a background perspective, but I really think this was the case of three strikes and you're out. And it's not like he's being kicked out completely by Parker, he is being given another shot, just next season if he decides to stay.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X