X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Any notable quotes from Jack after tonight's early game?
    Something about how the team doesn't get up for games. He really looks tired. This needs to be his last season. Seems like not being able to reach the team is wearing on him. While I've wanted a move to be made for awhile now, I do worry about the hostile reaction from the fans if he decides to coach through the end of his contract. I'd hate to see him hear the boos in an arena with a rink named after him. Unfortunately I just don't see this ending well.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

#KeepParker

Comment

How many BU jerseys in the Garden tonight?

Anyway, you guys can put the puck in the net. Seems like it's everything else that's missing.

Comment

My ideal scenario, he announces this week that this will be his final season and that he'll retire in the spring, the AD gets on the phone and offers Quinn the job (or Sullivan, I don't know as much about him) and we have a replacement immediately, a seamless and smooth transition. Walking out now would risk a rebellion from the current players who may be loyal to Parker, it would certainly introduce the risk of losing future recruits since it would be a sign of instability in the program considering how close to the end of the season it is, and going for the rest of the year knowing it's his last could possibly light a spark under him and the players to go out with some respect. But this is not working, the same mistakes are being repeated over and over on the ice, the lack of discipline is backbreaking and at times embarrassing, the number of head scratching defeats to abysmal teams is heading toward double digits, the list keeps on going. It's time to move on. He's more than earned the right to retire and have his immense contributions to the program be properly honored, but it's time.
          Last edited by brassbonanza; 02-11-2013, 11:52 PM.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            Maybe Bob Wilson or Fred Cusik
            Correct.

Bob Wilson may have had the best pipes to ever call hockey on the radio. Much stronger than Doc Emerick, whom everyone seems to think is the best today.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
              Out in the desert, glad I missed this one. For all the frustration, I was hoping they'd do we'll enough at the end that it didn't tarnish the good things Parker did over his career. Now it looks like the end will be less than glorious.

If I were the AD, Jack would be in my office at 9 am to tomorrow. I'd ask him 2-3 questions about the season and the team and then ask him where his head and his heart are. I would be ready, based on his answer, to bring up him stepping away now and letting an assistant finish the year.

I would have met with my boss at 7.30 am so he/she knew we might not have a head coach by 10am.

I'm not sure what answer would have me decide otherwise, but I'd know it if I hheard it.

If he said he wanted to finish the year I may let him...but only I he could tell me why that was good for the program, the players and the school.

Otherwise, I think a clean, immediate break would be better.

There is too much talent for this performance and it hurts Parker and the school to continue this death march. Let him resign, saying he wants to do what is best and perhaps stepping down now would be better than continuing. Give him the majority of the benefits he'd get of you fired him, just make it a mutual decision so his legacy is maintained to the degree it hasn't already been diminished.
              Not going to happen.

If anything, Lynch will have to walk across Harry Agganis Way to Parker's office to have a word. And if they are serious about some kind of action, Brown had better be with him.

Parker is going to finish out this season under every scenario, except for his own health reasons.

Parker doesn't want to stick around and lose. If anything, he'd want to stay to try and get it right.
              But he does seem tired, and frustrated ... and a team with talent has stopped playing for him, and the current staff.

If the downward spiral of this season continues, my guess is that he will announce before the Hockey East playoffs that this is his final season.
              Then BU can choose between Mike Sullivan, David Quinn or John Hynes to start a new era.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                Not going to happen.

If anything, Lynch will have to walk across Harry Agganis Way to Parker's office to have a word. And if they are serious about some kind of action, Brown had better be with him.

Parker is going to finish out this season under every scenario, except for his own health reasons.

Parker doesn't want to stick around and lose. If anything, he'd want to stay to try and get it right.
                But he does seem tired, and frustrated ... and a team with talent has stopped playing for him, and the current staff.

If the downward spiral of this season continues, my guess is that he will announce before the Hockey East playoffs that this is his final season.
                Then BU can choose between Mike Sullivan, David Quinn or John Hynes to start a new era.
                Charlton Heston is more likely to give up his guns than Jack Parker giving up his position after a season like this one. I expect him to come back and attempt to bring this team from the "doldrums" that everyone seems to think they are in.

Just because BC is hot doesn't mean that BU has lost stature.
                UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                  Correct.

Bob Wilson may have had the best pipes to ever call hockey on the radio. Much stronger than Doc Emerick, whom everyone seems to think is the best today.
                  Emerick is the frigging worst. Give me 10 Jack Edwardses.
                  Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    Correct.

The pride of Arlington High School. He had a strong voice, was fair and always gave the score before going to commercial. Bernie, how about adding the score to "This is BU Hockey" before we hear from Herman and Herman?

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                      Emerick is the frigging worst. Give me 10 Jack Edwardses.
                      Homer, Edwards is the worst... (And he's a fellow UNH grad)
                      UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        Any notable quotes from Jack after tonight's early game?
                        This was the one that stood out the most to me:

"There's something that's taken this team out of it, something that's going on in the dressing room. I thought I had my thumb on it, and I do not obviously. We just can't seem to get ourselves emotionally ready to play."
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by sleeper709 View Post
                          Bernie, how about adding the score to "This is BU Hockey" before we hear from Herman and Herman?
                          lol, i turn on the BU game in the car on my way home from Conte and have noticed that many, many times

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            This was the one that stood out the most to me:

"There's something that's taken this team out of it, something that's going on in the dressing room. I thought I had my thumb on it, and I do not obviously. We just can't seem to get ourselves emotionally ready to play."
                            Seems like an opening for a follow-up question. Was there one?

By the way, aside from taking two penalties, did anyone notice signs of life from Big Sam Kurker?
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              Not going to happen.

I told you what I would do. As people have said, he won't resign on his own, he had lost the energy, he has no idea what's wrong with the team, he might think he can turn it around etc.

How many games are left? Can BU tolerate losing all of them? Unlikely but possible. I view the downside of a continued spiral enough of a reason to talk with him today.

Like I said, I would ask questions and make my next move based o. His answers. If he is belligerent, defensive and defeated, I have to be prepared to do my job. He might surprise me and say "I'm done after our last game this year", obviously I'd go with that and work to make the best of it. My thought there is that if he is willing to make that decision then perhaps there is a second wind for him and the team as a result of the change. I don't think they win the NC for JackPa, but perhaps there is a push at the end that leaves a better ending message.

Again, that is what I would do. To me, leaving a bad leadership situation to fester always comes back to be twice as bad ... If he is willing to go at year end, I think it could be held together for a month or so.
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                Seems like an opening for a follow-up question. Was there one?

By the way, aside from taking two penalties, did anyone notice signs of life from Big Sam Kurker?
                                no follow ups, from anyone.

hard for 3rd line guys to even get ice time with all the special teams out there.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X