This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    They seems to be getting worse. All of them. Take Myron for example. He started the year flying, crashing the net and being a physical presence. He's disappeared. The Finnish kid was directly responsible for 2 or 3 goals. He's awful. Where's Nieto and Gill???
    Give up early goal, get focused, score 2 quick ones, get complacent, get completely out worked, every breakout pass looked like a pitcher aiming his pitches, get behind 5-2, get focused, score 3 quick ones, game ends before you can fall behind by 3 goals again.

Ok, they are young and all but that doesn't fully explain the rampant inconsistency.
    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

They seems to be getting worse. All of them. Take Myron for example. He started the year flying, crashing the net and being a physical presence. He's disappeared. The Finnish kid was directly responsible for 2 or 3 goals. He's awful. Where's Nieto and Gill???
      You're right on all except Nieto scored tonight. That was despicable defense.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

- defense is REALLY struggling. That play with Oksanen that led to the Roy goal is the same thing that happened about 7 other times in the game. The d-men have no sense of where their partner is or what they are going to do. Extremely apprehensive. Grzyleck is the only one that doesn't look awful out there.
        - Incredibly aggressive forecheck by NU, and BU could not adjust. Have to give Madigan credit for playing an aggressive style on the road.
        - I don't agree that Nieto is lost. I thought he had a good game, and has clearly picked things up lately.
        - this team has two lines that can score. The freshman third line needs to pick it up.
        - One bright spot - after a bit of a lull, O'Regan seems to have picked things up again.

So now we have two goalies that are struggling...
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Can't believe how bad the D looked. Somebody wake up Parker and tell him the season is slipping away.

I have to laugh at Saponari though. The guy's got 4 goals on a second to last place team. Maybe keep the woofing down until you know if you're qualifying for the playoffs.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

#3 is not very good.

This team is poorly coached.

They look disinterested.
            Yes but all the buttkissers still want Parker back every year. This is what they are and will always be under JP unless the player leadership is strong enough to compensate for the HC (like in 2009).

Comment

Holy cow, on that 5th goal for Northeastern, it was a one-on-four. (If I had internet skillz I'd have a screen capture from 5:18 in the Hockey East highlights. Dude's completely surrounded by 4 Terriers, not even across the blue line yet.) Not to take anything away from the goal scorer -- cause he didn't let up, more power to him -- but you can't get beat on a 1-on-4!
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Is it the defense or the goaltending, or both? Because on the radio it sounded like neither goalie this week could have stopped a god **** beach ball.
                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                  Holy cow, on that 5th goal for Northeastern, it was a one-on-four. (If I had internet skillz I'd have a screen capture from 5:18 in the Hockey East highlights. Dude's completely surrounded by 4 Terriers, not even across the blue line yet.) Not to take anything away from the goal scorer -- cause he didn't let up, more power to him -- but you can't get beat on a 1-on-4!

i think it is a combination of what you've said along with defkit's post...can't have casual passes during the offensive rush that leave guys out of place or caught up ice...I didn't think it was great defense by NU that kept creating the opportunity, nor great breakouts...it was BU overloading the zone and then making a careless pass or lacking awareness that at the moment a good men's league team could mount a counter if you decide to cough up the puck without so much as a good check. Looked like an all-star game at times
                  I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                    Is it the defense or the goaltending, or both? Because on the radio it sounded like neither goalie this week could have stopped a god **** beach ball.
                    Both I'd say. The defense has been pretty awful, but on top of that neither goaltender looks very effective. After last night I don't feel comfortable with positioning and poise of either of our goaltenders to win a big game. As opposed to the beginning of the season, they actually look like a pair of frosh right now.
                    #OneKnight

Comment

Impressive night for Noonan. An embellishment and a game killing spearing major and game DQ. Does he still wear an "A"?

Comment

Can't fault the effort by BU, fighting to the end. Coming back from 4-1 down to make it 4-3 and for most of the major, you couldn't tell UML was on the power play and nearly tied it.

Rough weekend for you, losing twice at home. I feel fortunate that we escaped with the W. Good luck next weekend.
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                          Can't fault the effort by BU, fighting to the end. Coming back from 4-1 down to make it 4-3 and for most of the major, you couldn't tell UML was on the power play and nearly tied it.

Rough weekend for you, losing twice at home. I feel fortunate that we escaped with the W. Good luck next weekend.
                          Goodness gracious our effort was atrocious. The penalty taking was maniacal. Ironically, the most severe was the worst call. On no planet was that a spear, he stuck his stick out because the centering pass was to him and left it there and tripped Carr. Two for tripping nothing more. But am embarrassment of a weekend.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So. Another embellishment penalty for BU.

You had like a 5 or 6 game streak going there without one. This Hockey East conspiracy to keep calling BU on these penalties after Jack Parker accused everyone else of diving is getting bigger than the Manti Te'o story. Unreal.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

You had like a 5 or 6 game streak going there without one. This Hockey East conspiracy to keep calling BU on these penalties after Jack Parker accused everyone else of diving is getting bigger than the Manti Te'o story. Unreal.
                              *****http://reflexivefire.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/its-a-conspiracy.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

we were doing so well, too.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X