This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Rover, perhaps the biggest indictment of parker is that on paper, you guys still get great recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Rover, perhaps the biggest indictment of parker is that on paper, you guys still get great recruits.
      Relevant
      Signature program

DESPITE the results
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Beanpot seems to mean a lot to the older fans. I like it, its a great event, and it gives you an excuse to go out and drink on a Monday night but its a steppingstone to hopefully better things. However, it should give the kids good experience playing in a high pressure situation in front of a (usually) full house.

IMHO the lack of recruits, poor effort, and no hardware except for as you say some inexplicable Beanpot wins had me wanting Parker out by 2001. IIRC '98 season was all Drury, '99 was horrible, '00 was all DePietro, '01 was horrible, '02 may have been also. That's when it was past time for a change.
          In '02 we were 25-10-3, won the beanpot and lost in both the HE tourney and NCAA tourney to Maine (who was runner up in the NCAA championship game).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Relevant
            Signature program

DESPITE the results
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Whatever helps you sleep at night...
              Sleepings ok.

Course things ever get tough I can glom onto a team from a place I didn't go to school. And for kicks I'll bandwagon jump onto the best team going in the middle of an historic rum of championship.

That'll help me

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

historic rum of championship.
                Now that sounds like it would help me sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Where you been man? Feared you eloped
                  Been home sick with the flu. It's either that or one of JackPa's 3 day hangovers.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                    It means a lot because back in the day, winning a national title was virtually impossible due to the powerhouses in the West (Minn, Wisconsin, Michigan, NDakota), so the Beanpot win was almost an "eastern" National title for those involved. I know some older BU and BU alums who put the Beanpot up there equal to a national banner.
                    And to follow up with that...here are some interesting factoids:

TOTAL NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS:
                    West: 48
                    East: 16

MOST CONSECUTIVE NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS:
                    West: 12 (Michigan 1955 - Michigan State 1966)
                    East: 3 (Cornell - 1970, BU 1971-72)

NUMBER OF TIMES EAST HAS WON MORE THAN ONE CHAMPIONSHIP IN A ROW: 2 (In addition to above, BC 2008, BU 2009, BC 2010)

So for you young fans, he's right. It was a bigger deal because it was almost impossible for an Eastern team to win back then, since the Western teams were almost all Canadians (and older, also). There was virtually no inter-league play and not much "out of region" recruiting. In addition, the academic standards in the East made it improbable that they could admit some of the players that would regularly get into the Western schools. And you have to remember, there were almost NO American players in the NHL until the 60s. Not that the games weren't close, but it just seemed that the Western teams would pretty much just turn it on whenever they had to. Occasionally a goalie from an Eastern team would stand on his head or they would just play a perfect game and win one. But those times were few and far between.

Comment

Sleepings ok.

Course things ever get tough I can glom onto a team from a place I didn't go to school. And for kicks I'll bandwagon jump onto the best team going in the middle of an historic rum of championship.

That'll help me
                      I was on the ceglarski "bandwagon" well before I event went to college, so please, spare me.

Comment

This is looking more and more like we are going to get walloped on Friday..... By the snow, not by the warriors!

Wonder what will happen with the game...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I was on the ceglarski "bandwagon" well before I event went to college, so please, spare me.
                          touchy touchy... where did i name names? i was just thinking out loud. geewillikers

Comment

Trust me, I've seen a lot worse hockey than you're seeing now!

Comment

I represent the owner of the domain rights to www.firejackparker.com, as well as www.firejerryyork.com. If either an interested fan, Mr. Parker, Mr. York, or the BU or BC athletic departments would be interested in purchasing the rights to either of these names, please contact me at firejerryyork@gmail.com. Their value is self-evident.

Comment

touchy touchy... where did i name names? i was just thinking out loud. geewillikers
                                If I'm not mistaken, JD's father was in my class at BC.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X