This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    BU is now 1-5 in their last six Beanpot games. Wow. I never thought I'd see that, under Parker.
    Sadly I could see it. Used to be BU was a regular presence in the FF and HE championship. That went away after 1997. Eventually they were going to start coughing up the Beanpot too. It was only a matter of time as BC started to dominate the HE tournament. You have to go through the same team each time, as NU and HU haven't been factors for awhile (although NU did have some good years here and there). I'm not sure why anybody wouldn't have seen this coming. BC has won 5 out of the last 6 Beanpots and 5 out of the last 6 HE tournaments. Coincidence? No.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

It's looking like even if they do play Friday, I won't be there. 2 to 3 inches an hour Friday night. Blizzard like conditions. Driving, ha! - and I quote - "travel may become nearly impossible"

Bring on the Blizzard of '13, 35 years after the Blizzard of '78.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

If Colorado continues to have its problems, maybe Sacco and Quinn can come back to campus as a package.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Sadly I could see it. Used to be BU was a regular presence in the FF and HE championship. That went away after 1997. Eventually they were going to start coughing up the Beanpot too. It was only a matter of time as BC started to dominate the HE tournament. You have to go through the same team each time, as NU and HU haven't been factors for awhile (although NU did have some good years here and there). I'm not sure why anybody wouldn't have seen this coming. BC has won 5 out of the last 6 Beanpots and 5 out of the last 6 HE tournaments. Coincidence? No.
          Interesting observation rover... good post. I think this freaking out this past week is pretty interesting; now coming to a height with this Beanpot loss once again. Part of the problem is that the fanbase had been fairly happy playing 2nd fiddle to BC as long as BU won the Beanpot (which they kept doing inexplicably for quite a while from 98-07 while BC was regularly fielding superior squads). Now that the precious Beanpot is gone people are freaking out. Well that plus all the off-ice issues (allegedly - hi mookie). Then again, 2009 swung a lot of people back onto the Parker bandwagon but that seems to be wearing off. I mean we're talking about a 15 year downswing with 1 season preventing it from being an absolute abyss.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Hi Nick
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              I mean we're talking about a 15 year downswing with 1 season preventing it from being an absolute abyss.
              2009 aside I wouldn't call it an "absolute abyss". Every year that BU gets to the Garden for the HE playoffs and makes the NCAAs I consider a success. That has happened quite a bit in those 15 years. I was an undergrad there in the mid 90s so I know what it WAS like, but I also understand there's more parity around the country.

As a season ticket holder I'm more concerned about the last few years. There's just been way too much talent for all of the 19-16ish seasons they've been having, and what's worse the teams seem to get worse as the season goes on, at least to my eye. It all points to the coach, no?

The success your program is having doesn't help matters, but this program is failing all by itself.
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                2009 aside I wouldn't call it an "absolute abyss". Every year that BU gets to the Garden for the HE playoffs and makes the NCAAs I consider a success. That has happened quite a bit in those 15 years. I was an undergrad there in the mid 90s so I know what it WAS like, but I also understand there's more parity around the country.

As a season ticket holder I'm more concerned about the last few years. There's just been way too much talent for all of the 19-16ish seasons they've been having, and what's worse the teams seem to get worse as the season goes on, at least to my eye. It all points to the coach, no?

The success your program is having doesn't help matters, but this program is failing all by itself.
                OK fair enough with the first paragraph. But you consider these Garden trips and NCAA trips a 'success', which has happened "quite a bit" and then conclude the program is "failing". Having trouble reconciling that.
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  What the hell are you blowing?!? This is ****ing Boston University hockey. The high level of support, facilities, and funding demand that whomever is in charge exceeds out expectations annually. Every year.

Does **** happen that sidetracks a season? Injuries, rapes ( ), whatnot? Sure. But those are the exceptions.

This isn't god**** brown or nu where you like a game to break up the rut of winter. If anyone, ANYONE, shows up thinking that this year will be less than last (outside of an undefeated national chpionship), go back to sharing Boston Arena with nu and raze haa to throw up some **** dorms. Drop scholarships and schedule Westfield state at 10a on Saturdays. Shut the **** up already.
                  Don't stop him. He's on a roll.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    Don't stop him. He's on a roll.
                    Where you been man? Feared you eloped

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Where you been man? Feared you eloped
                      Stop joking. He almost stole my daughter at the last game!

(ok not really but she tolerated a good 60 seconds with Uncle Murray).

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Stop joking. He almost stole my daughter at the last game!

(ok not really but she tolerated a good 60 seconds with Uncle Murray).
                        He have someone take a picture with his arm around her

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

Very fair assessment, though my standards of a "successful" season are a bit higher. What you stated would be more in the acceptable category. The teams since the 09 season have not passed the eyeball test. Repeating mistakes, very few changes in schemes that are proving not to work - how much longer will we continue the statue 5 on 3 - frequent miscommunication and discombobulation on the ice, and repetition of bad habits. I don't at all question the heart of the players, especially this group who currently have nothing to hang their hat on, and they're giving their all on the ice, but I question that they're going out there under prepared by the coaching staff, or being told to repeat the same unsuccessful tactics over and over. Its the X's and O's aspect that is most concerning to me that has dropped off in the last three years and has lead me to the side wanting to see change at the top.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Generally speaking I apply the Tom Hanks "there's no crying" routine to all sports (as it should be), but I felt for this kid when I read in every paper that he was practically crying out there in front of everyone ... good hockey player too.
                            I'm fairly certain Rosen missed the cut off man on that 2nd NU goal. I wonder If Parker asked him what team he played for when he got back to the dugout er I mean bench
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Interesting observation rover... good post. I think this freaking out this past week is pretty interesting; now coming to a height with this Beanpot loss once again. Part of the problem is that the fanbase had been fairly happy playing 2nd fiddle to BC as long as BU won the Beanpot (which they kept doing inexplicably for quite a while from 98-07 while BC was regularly fielding superior squads). Now that the precious Beanpot is gone people are freaking out. Well that plus all the off-ice issues (allegedly - hi mookie). Then again, 2009 swung a lot of people back onto the Parker bandwagon but that seems to be wearing off. I mean we're talking about a 15 year downswing with 1 season preventing it from being an absolute abyss.
                              Beanpot seems to mean a lot to the older fans. I like it, its a great event, and it gives you an excuse to go out and drink on a Monday night but its a steppingstone to hopefully better things. However, it should give the kids good experience playing in a high pressure situation in front of a (usually) full house.

IMHO the lack of recruits, poor effort, and no hardware except for as you say some inexplicable Beanpot wins had me wanting Parker out by 2001. IIRC '98 season was all Drury, '99 was horrible, '00 was all DePietro, '01 was horrible, '02 may have been also. That's when it was past time for a change.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Beanpot seems to mean a lot to the older fans. I like it, its a great event, and it gives you an excuse to go out and drink on a Monday night but its a steppingstone to hopefully better things. However, it should give the kids good experience playing in a high pressure situation in front of a (usually) full house.

IMHO the lack of recruits, poor effort, and no hardware except for as you say some inexplicable Beanpot wins had me wanting Parker out by 2001. IIRC '98 season was all Drury, '99 was horrible, '00 was all DePietro, '01 was horrible, '02 may have been also. That's when it was past time for a change.
                                It means a lot because back in the day, winning a national title was virtually impossible due to the powerhouses in the West (Minn, Wisconsin, Michigan, NDakota), so the Beanpot win was almost an "eastern" National title for those involved. I know some older BU and BU alums who put the Beanpot up there equal to a national banner.
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X