X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
    I think Dennehy would only leave MC for BC if he were offered the job.
    He'd start packing up his office before the BC AD got done dialing his number.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      How many have added national championships since 1978? Because we have two...in 35 years...
      well, in that time i can add that
      uhn - none
      pc - none
      uvm - none
      nu - none
      on and on...

winning a national title is HARD! all those bu teams in the 90s only got one. uno.
      why?
      because it is hard.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

There isn't much of a consensus. Some say Cavanaugh should be (i agree), some say Brown, a few have mentioned Dennehy as well. I think Dennehy would only leave MC for BC if he were offered the job.
        blasi
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          How many have added national championships since 1978? Because we have two...in 35 years...
          DU
          Michigan
          Michigan State
          Minnesota
          UND
          Wisconsin
          BC
          Lake State
          Maine

Of those:
          Minnesota
          BC
          UND
          Wisconsin
          Lake State
          have won more than two.

Of course, if you include 1978 and all years since he started coaching, which for the purposes of arguing Parker's merit, we should, we have three, and the list who have more than us shrinks to BC, UND, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

That's not to say he doesn't deserve criticism now for a host of reasons, but let's not act like this program has languished into oblivion since he became coach, only four schools have more titles than us in that time. Certainly, we've hit a major dry spell save '09, but let's call a spade a spade.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Dennehy is a BC alum. You have a better shot of God delivering you a pizza right now than Dennehy taking the BU job.
            So says the Merrimack alum who goes along for the ride with the BC superfansies.

Dennehy would take the BU job if he was offered it trust me. Its not BC but who says he will ever have a chance at that. Obviously the Tewksbury servante doesnt know much about the professional world. These guys dont wear pom poms when it comes to upgrading yourself and getting a bigger paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              blasi
              Rico Blasi is a great coach, and any program would be lucky to have him, but he's a Miami alum so he just might want to stay put.
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                So says the Merrimack alum who goes along for the ride with the BC superfansies.

Dennehy would take the BU job if he was offered it trust me. Its not BC but who says he will ever have a chance at that. Obviously the Tewksbury servante doesnt know much about the professional world. These guys dont wear pom poms when it comes to upgrading yourself and getting a bigger paycheck.
                Hey Joke,

I know plenty about the professional world. Dennehy isn't taking the BU job. He's plenty happy with his situation in North Andover. BC is the only place i can think of him leaving Merrimack for.
                National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

I think dennehy is a good coach but don't think BU would go after him to begin with. Parker used to be a great coach, not anymore obviously. Some of you need to detach yourself from what happened in 2009 and open your eyes. Take a look at the bigger picture.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Some of you need to detach yourself from what happened in 2009 and open your eyes. Take a look at the bigger picture.
                    who here are you talking to?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      *sigh*

duluth. bc.

that is how many 'schools' have added national championships to their signature since bu last won.
                      Simply winning the national title is not the only thing that determines a signature program. And surely winning one in about 15-20 years/two in however many years isn't the only factor either.

Even recent champs like UMD and MSU aren't signature programs.

Comment

Simply winning the national title is not the only thing that determines a signature program. And surely winning one in about 15-20 years/two in however many years isn't the only factor either.

Even recent champs like UMD and MSU aren't signature programs.
                        then talk to your guy, cause he was the one who called it.

i typed "schools". not "signature programs".

(amazing how you argue with yourself here day after day G! )

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood you. I thought your point was that BU is still a premier program because of 2009.

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood you. I thought your point was that BU is still a premier program because of 2009.
                            there is only one 'premier' program

bu is relevant. almost any other team except that premier program would trade with them the past couple years. ended the year #1 in 2006. won thenational title in 2009. one can argue in spite of jack or not.

gophs hadn't made the tournament for the past three years before they got to the frozen four last year.

there are ebbs and flows. this has been a long, long dry spell for bu. and the fact that the one 'premier' program is down the streets makes it suck bulls balls.

jack should have taken permanent vacation a while ago (in fact, i have having my attorney seek royalties from you and steve for use of my copyrighted "jackpa" ). but the shark has not fallen off the cliff, to turn a phrase, just yet.

with limited scholarships and the crazy high cost of private eastern schools you (generic you, but bu and bc especially) can not have solid depth. with kids leaving in the middle of the season's because they are selfishly thinking of themselves you are left to promote lesser quality kids from 4th to t3rd, 3rd to 2nd, 2nd to 1st lines and that will not support continued success (which bu was set to follow through on post-09).

lot of it (lack of continuous positive results) is on jack. i can't see how these boys thinking of themselves leaving mid season is all on him.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              then talk to your guy, cause he was the one who called it.

i typed "schools". not "signature programs".

(amazing how you argue with yourself here day after day G! )
                              did i start this? it was unintentional.

for better or worse, it's my point. I know there are batches of reasons to say it aint signature anymore, but 2009 did happen so no matter what BU supporters or detractors say, they got that done. i still throw up in my mouth when i think about it, to be honest but that's what keeps it "signature" these days, IMO. Not to mention the fact that they still get their full share of top recruits so the high end kids still think so.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                did i start this? it was unintentional.

for better or worse, it's my point. I know there are batches of reasons to say it aint signature anymore, but 2009 did happen so no matter what BU supporters or detractors say, they got that done. i still throw up in my mouth when i think about it, to be honest but that's what keeps it "signature" these days, IMO. Not to mention the fact that they still get their full share of top recruits so the high end kids still think so.
                                you were right.

there is a premier program.
                                there are signature programs.

Comment

Working...
                                X