This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

the year walsh died bu was in the worcester final (thanks to the good ole first round bye ) and lost to umo.

these kids leaving is leaving mookie speechless. three boys in 13 months leave because they want to play somewhere else so bolt in the middle of the season... and are able to do so.

and it's not just us (it's us because it is the team we follow so it on the front burner). other teams are losing kids too. albeit not at the level we have, but it's not a bucentric problem.

seriously, please explain this though. what kind of ****head ******* punk dumps his team and teammates midstream?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Ok... Who would you guys prefer to take over? I'm 110 percent for Sullivan. He'd be perfect. Four year player, solid NHL career, can actually skate still, and...oh yeah is a heck of a coach. I like Quinn but he was there for a lot of the bad years prior to 2009. Other than that I'd like to poach the Merrimack coach. He's really turned that place around.
      Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
        Ok... Who would you guys prefer to take over? I'm 110 percent for Sullivan. He'd be perfect. Four year player, solid NHL career, can actually skate still, and...oh yeah is a heck of a coach. I like Quinn but he was there for a lot of the bad years prior to 2009. Other than that I'd like to poach the Merrimack coach. He's really turned that place around.
        Dennehy is a BC alum. You have a better shot of God delivering you a pizza right now than Dennehy taking the BU job.
        National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
        Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
        two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
        b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          I don't think we are going to be a "signature" program much longer.
          By your standards Minnesota and Wisconsin are in the garbage can.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

seriously, please explain this though. what kind of ****head ******* punk dumps his team and teammates midstream?
            I'm a believer that comraderie and team building has as much to do with good coaching as it has to do with the kids themselves. Show me a coach who builds on this feeling of togetherness and I'll show you kids that are close knit and very unlikely to bale on each other. Another indicator I believe of how Jackie cannot relate to his players at his age. I think Yorkie is able to do it well because he's a likeable old sod, Jackie, meh, not so much.
            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
              Dennehy is a BC alum. You have a better shot of God delivering you a pizza right now than Dennehy taking the BU job.
              god have a good four-cheese? since uno's stopped making those i can't find a decent local (to me. i went to the place that replaced upper crust by haa last week and their's was rather tasty! )

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                I'm a believer that comraderie and team building has as much to do with good coaching as it has to do with the kids themselves. Show me a coach who builds on this feeling of togetherness and I'll show you kids that are close knit and very unlikely to bale on each other. Another indicator I believe of how Jackie cannot relate to his players at his age. I think Yorkie is able to do it well because he's a likeable old sod, Jackie, meh, not so much.
                ah hullo!!! hullo?!?! it is not just a bu problem. jfc already.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  a player with pro aspirations that realizes that is in jeopardy if they stick around to play for a senile old man who they expected to be the legend they read about by clueless mopes like nancy marrapee Burrell and others?

Rhetorical question, I know, but figured I would answer anyway for the youngsters.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    a player with pro aspirations that realizes that is in jeopardy if they stick around to play for a senile old man who they expected to be the legend they read about by clueless mopes like nancy marrapee Burrell and others?

Rhetorical question, I know, but figured I would answer anyway for the youngsters.
                    funny, but i would figure a kid who thinks he should be first line would put up big numbers skating against the 3rd and 4th lines of his opponents every game, instead of potting just 2g in 23 games. no?

Comment

ah hullo!!! hullo?!?! it is not just a bu problem. jfc already.
                      pfffffttt.....its only jackies problem. deal withit.
                      sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                        Very good point. York can't coach much longer either. Time is time. Maybe he ends up your end of Comm ave in a few years. He is a good coach. I liked Blaise MacDonald for a bit but UML faded and the rest is history. Who would the Eagle fans like to see after York?

Comment

the super bowl aligns with the Beanpot schedule, so there is only one answer...BB coaches BU from first game of Beanpot through NCAA Title game.

Anybody can coach them Oct-Feb, maybe friends of the program, or loyalty points or something like that could pick the guest coach each year.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                            Very good point. York can't coach much longer either. Time is time. Maybe he ends up your end of Comm ave in a few years. He is a good coach. I liked Blaise MacDonald for a bit but UML faded and the rest is history. Who would the Eagle fans like to see after York?
                            There isn't much of a consensus. Some say Cavanaugh should be (i agree), some say Brown, a few have mentioned Dennehy as well. I think Dennehy would only leave MC for BC if he were offered the job.
                            National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                            Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                            Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                            two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                            b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

• Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                              There isn't much of a consensus. Some say Cavanaugh should be (i agree), some say Brown, a few have mentioned Dennehy as well. I think Dennehy would only leave MC for BC if he were offered the job.
                              The timing of that might work out. While York clearly still is an amazing coach one has to wonder how much longer he will want to coach. They're both 67 and while they are not working 40-55 hours a week, 50 weeks a year I'm sure they both have considered retiring.

Comment

duluth. bc. that is how many 'schools' have added national championships to their signature since bu last won.
                                How many have added national championships since 1978? Because we have two...in 35 years...

Comment

Working...
                                X