X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Hope it's not true, but Parker believes ERod may have broke his hand tonight. Sure looked like he was in a lot of pain and clutching his hand/wrist area as he skated off.
    Supposedly it is not broken as one of the blog said his brother tweeted that "he is going to be ok." 5 goals in the last 3 games, can't really afford to lose him right now.

The real surprise is that he wasn't called for an embellishment!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Gerbe strikes again!!
      have to admit i got a smile while watching the pens lose to toronto the other night when they were talking about the leafs goalie and how he started out well last year winning his first 4 games..... until brian gionta ran him and gave him a concussion

some things never change, huh?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        Winner!!
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          have to admit i got a smile while watching the pens lose to toronto the other night when they were talking about the leafs goalie and how he started out well last year winning his first 4 games..... until he ran in front of Pat Eaves and almost killed himself

Fixed your post.

(Come on mookie, how did you miss this one)
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            have to admit i got a smile while watching the pens lose to toronto the other night when they were talking about the leafs goalie and how he started out well last year winning his first 4 games..... until brian gionta ran him and gave him a concussion

Gionta didn't give him a concussion. It was his head hitting the ice that gave him a concussion, you dumbazz.

He was a lucky bahstad. If it was Gerbe, would have been a concussion and 3 broken bones.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              Supposedly it is not broken as one of the blog said his brother tweeted that "he is going to be ok." 5 goals in the last 3 games, can't really afford to lose him right now.

Yes...not fractured, won't play tonight, is day to day.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

My apologies to the BU fans that had some popcorn tossed on them by a cowardly d-bag pseudo PC fan, who chucked and ran as he was leaving the game last night. You all handled it well with the "Thank you buddy" and "That's not Christian" chants but a number of us were embarrassed by this clown.

Good game last night and tonight's game should be just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  My apologies to the BU fans that had some popcorn tossed on them by a cowardly d-bag pseudo PC fan, who chucked and ran as he was leaving the game last night. You all handled it well with the "Thank you buddy" and "That's not Christian" chants but a number of us were embarrassed by this clown.

Didn't see that guy, but tossing popcorn is no sweat, especially when you've been to games at Amherst, UNH, and NU. The guy standing at the bottom of the staircase exiting the game holding up two middle fingers (with multiple young children next to him) was even funnier. I don't remember ever having any real problems at PC other than random morons.

edit: apparently popcorn guy and middle finger guy are the same guy!
                  Last edited by brassbonanza; 01-26-2013, 04:29 PM.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Bonus hockey tonight. BU's strategy of taking multiple penalties in last 6 minutes likely has worn out PC offense...got'em right where we want 'em
                    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post

91, you still tossing popcorn at opposing fans? I thought you gave that up.

Comment

friggin joke of a team...
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Based on how I felt going into the weekend, I'm not unhappy at all with the 3 points. Tonight just seemed sloppy all around for both teams... Somewhat painful to watch.

I didn't stay for the overtime... Bernie made it sound like we had more jump in our step in the extra frame... Hope we carry that forward.

Comment

OK...I'm usually very harsh so here are some PROS and CONS:

PROS:
                            1.) This team hasn't quit since the game against Harvard. They keep skating and battling until the end.
                            2.) They played pretty short-handed (ERod & Noonan out) and yet they still took 3/4 points from a very decent PC team
                            3.) This team seems to skate harder, play simpler, and crash the net better late in games (why not so this the entire night and not just when trailing?)
                            4.) O'Regan, Grez, and Lane are all very good freshmen
                            5.) The goalies both played pretty well this weekend
                            6.) Hohmann and Megan are both very good.

CONS:
                            1.) Gill needs to back-check, he's good on offense but literally glides around in his own zone
                            2.) The defense, nay, the entire team, acts very silly with the puck in the face of a forecheck. Anybody here also throw-up in their mouths after PC's second goal? That was gawd awful. Please...take the easy play and bank the puck out along the wall/glass. This "pass it right up the middle of the slot thing" is something I wouldn't do in a pick-up game or even a video game.
                            3.) Oksanen? He a goal against waiting to happen and seems to be leading the defensemen in minutes. He looks lost and scared with the puck. I give him an A for effort from coming back after getting hit so hard.

That's about it, if they keep in simple I think this team will be OK. If they continue to try plays that they aren't good enough to execute then they'll be lucky to get home ice in the quarters.
                            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Pro: the team came back twice this weekend to get points in games they were losing.

Con: this team is just not as good as we thought earlier this year. They can compete with most teams, but they belong in a group with PC and NU, not BC and UNH (ignoring the Eagles sweep by Maine).
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Yeah, not sure what is up with Oksanen. Seems like something switched in his head. He looked pretty darn solid in the first half. But lately, he looks like he doesn't know what to do with the puck, and therefore, doesn't go after it, seems to hope it doesn't come to him. Hopefully it's just a confidence/head thing and he can get past it. While the Kurker play was ugly, and dumb on his part, at least he didn't hesitate - he knew what he wanted to do, it was just a bad judgement on his part. O'Connor didn't help matters letting the puck slide right through his legs.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X