Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

    Carry on, if you must.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

  • #2
    Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

    And just like that.... we can all back away from the edge of the cliff.

    Wednesday still sucked though.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

      Dang -- should've called it "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows."

      (Just kidding, Flatlander. You put whatever you want in that signature. I went to SFA/CFA, I can handle it.)
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

        So, Maguire is our #1 goaltender?
        #OneKnight

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

          Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
          So, Maguire is our #1 goaltender?
          It would seem like it right now.... but a couple of short months ago it seemed like OC was... will be interesting to see if they stick with the rotation. Obviously a lot will depend on what they see in practice.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

            Bottom line is that both of these guys have shown they can do well at this level. But they have shown inconsistencies, though it's hard to call Maguire having one bad period and a half being inconsistent. I suspect that Parker may give OC one more shot at an even rotation, especially given the back to back home games coming up next weekend. With the team defense apparently "fixed" (though 39 shots by Merrimack may be an argument that it is not), he might want him to try to right the ship. But it wouldn't shock me if he gave Maguire both starts. It could be Maguire for Friday with Saturday TBA.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

              So I guess the "players-only" meeting did the trick. Presumably Megan's idea, good to see him back it up with a strong game tonight (point-wise anyways, I didn't see the game).
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                back to back weekends for the next two, keep the youngsters fresh and play each once a week.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                  It would be a colossal mistake to do anything but split time between the goaltenders right now. Let's not forget Maguire has not won a single big game yet, while he's performed excellent since mid November, it's been largely against weak or mediocre competition, while he still has poor performances at UNH and North Dakota in his two big shots. O'Connor has wins at UND, UNH, and home against BC, in which he played extremely well. Sure, he was terrible against DU (even though everyone was) and Harvard, but to write him off now would be an enormous mistake at this point. Split time the next two weekends, then make a decision who to start in the Beanpot opener. At this point, it's unclear who deserves that right now. O'Connor has the big wins under his belt but has played terribly in his last two starts, while Maguire has performed extremely well against weaker competition of late, but has not performed well against top competition in his two chances.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    It would be a colossal mistake to do anything but split time between the goaltenders right now. Let's not forget Maguire has not won a single big game yet, while he's performed excellent since mid November, it's been largely against weak or mediocre competition, while he still has poor performances at UNH and North Dakota in his two big shots. O'Connor has wins at UND, UNH, and home against BC, in which he played extremely well. Sure, he was terrible against DU (even though everyone was) and Harvard, but to write him off now would be an enormous mistake at this point. Split time the next two weekends, then make a decision who to start in the Beanpot opener. At this point, it's unclear who deserves that right now. O'Connor has the big wins under his belt but has played terribly in his last two starts, while Maguire has performed extremely well against weaker competition of late, but has not performed well against top competition in his two chances.
                    I agree with you about splitting the next two weekends.... But Maguire didn't really play poorly at North Dakota even though it was a loss

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      It would be a colossal mistake to do anything but split time between the goaltenders right now. Let's not forget Maguire has not won a single big game yet, while he's performed excellent since mid November, it's been largely against weak or mediocre competition, while he still has poor performances at UNH and North Dakota in his two big shots. O'Connor has wins at UND, UNH, and home against BC, in which he played extremely well. Sure, he was terrible against DU (even though everyone was) and Harvard, but to write him off now would be an enormous mistake at this point. Split time the next two weekends, then make a decision who to start in the Beanpot opener. At this point, it's unclear who deserves that right now. O'Connor has the big wins under his belt but has played terribly in his last two starts, while Maguire has performed extremely well against weaker competition of late, but has not performed well against top competition in his two chances.
                      Maguire did not play poorly at North Dakota, he played very well. To say he did not perform well in that game is inaccurate.
                      Last edited by Back check; 01-12-2013, 08:01 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                        Didn't see the game but happy with the outcome. "Win all the games you're supposed to and even some that you're not." That was pretty much this team's MO until the Harvard implosion.

                        Looking forward to the throwback jerseys. Nice give away. I personally think that they should gurantee them for season ticket holders...
                        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                          Didn't see the game but happy with the outcome. "Win all the games you're supposed to and even some that you're not." That was pretty much this team's MO until the Harvard implosion.

                          Looking forward to the throwback jerseys. Nice give away. I personally think that they should gurantee them for season ticket holders...
                          What's the deal with the throwbacks?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            So I guess the "players-only" meeting did the trick. Presumably Megan's idea, good to see him back it up with a strong game tonight (point-wise anyways, I didn't see the game).
                            He had a strong game. A number of good bids and the SH goal was huge.

                            Instead of putting Kurker on the board they put 6 and annonced the 2 and 10 on Privitera. Guess the expected it of him
                            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

                              Originally posted by Back check View Post
                              Maguire did not play poorly at North Dakota, he played very well. To say he did not perform well in that game is inaccurate.
                              Perhaps poor was the wrong word, but O'Connor was the better of the two in that series, and Maguire looked very shaky at various times in his start.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X