• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    I couldnt believe that Cornell was only assesed a 2 minute penalty for the spear in between the legs of the Yale player at the faceoff. What a joke that was.
    Schafer is very intimidating.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

I couldnt believe that Cornell was only assesed a 2 minute penalty for the spear in between the legs of the Yale player at the faceoff. What a joke that was.
    They did seem to get away with quite a lot last night. If this is happening often these days-I must say it is a change from the old days. We used to drive up to Ithaca several times a year to see games and back then (15+ years ago) they were not getting any help from the officials.

Another side note-during the broadcast they asked Mike Keenan (coach of 8 NHL teams and former SLU Saint player) about playing at Lynah. He recanted a story of the old days against a Harkness coached team when the visitor's locker room was sweltering, there was no rubber mats down to get to the bench or at the bench to stop blades from getting dull, and a light was out over the visiting goaltender(which mysteriously came on when Ken Dryden switched ends to defend that goal). I remember a similar description of waht Ned did while at RPI to 'help' win some games and have no doubts that story was true.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Two words: Fat Mike. Stewart is scared of him.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    One game at a time.
    Which is eventually every game. You're talking about the NCAA tournament. It doesn't start on Monday or anything.

Leave a comment:

• DavidSec17
    replied

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Thought that it was only RPI that got screwed by the officials against Cornell. But I watched last nights game and found that Yale had to beat Cornell and the officials to come away with a win.
    Does the whole league have to put up with this garbage in Ithica?
    What I learned watching this game is that I hate Cornell hockey more than any other program out there. They are nothing but a bunch of bullies.
    Reminded me of the Flyers of the 70s. Too bad, they seem to have some talent, but it is hard to see through the BS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X