X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Grabbed a copy of the Tentative 2013-14 schedule at the 50/50 table tonight. Out of Conference games @Sacred Heart in Bridgeport at Harbor Yard, @BC, @BU, home vs. Sacred Heart, Home vs. UNH, @Mercyhurst for 2, home vs. Denver for 2, home vs. USA U18 team, @Minnesota Tourny, and the Mayors Cup at TUC.
    Considering Colgate is also going to Mariucci and they use set opponents there, I would think it's safe to say that RPI would be playing the Gophers (at least I would hope they wouldn't schedule RPI to play Colgate out there, but you never know, especially if you consider the Governor's Cup). Assuming these are the games, that gives us (the one game discrepancy because we don't know the fourth team for the Mariucci; Don Lucia didn't remember when I asked the Minnesota interviewer to ask during a media moment):

Atlantic - 4-5
    Hockey East - 3-4
    NCHC - 2-3
    B1G - 0-2
    nWCHA - 0-1
    ECAC - 1-3

Not as strong as we've had in the past couple years, however still fairly solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I didn't remember this, but chuckled when I read it thinking that Sinden thought that they yodeled in Sweden (and there are Kangaroos in Austria. ). So it was DrD who thought that.
      I had the countries mixed but knew the story. I knew that Sinden was PO'ed by the entire thing.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I know the play you refer to and thought when it happened that it was the first time this year the Luke put a guy into the boards that hard and did not draw a boarding penalty.
        It was a very good non call, as there was no penalty. That said, Luke has been called at least three times for just what he did last night.
        You can bet that with some refs-that would have been a call for sure. And you just never know what one call can do to change the entire game. I think the refs did a great job-and it shows that when we are given the chance, we are a pretty good team.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Considering Colgate is also going to Mariucci and they use set opponents there, I would think it's safe to say that RPI would be playing the Gophers (at least I would hope they wouldn't schedule RPI to play Colgate out there, but you never know, especially if you consider the Governor's Cup). Assuming these are the games, that gives us (the one game discrepancy because we don't know the fourth team for the Mariucci; Don Lucia didn't remember when I asked the Minnesota interviewer to ask during a media moment):

Atlantic - 4-5
          Hockey East - 3-4
          NCHC - 2-3
          B1G - 0-2
          nWCHA - 0-1
          ECAC - 1-3

Not as strong as we've had in the past couple years, however still fairly solid.
          Have to disagree. Denver x2, UNH, BU, BC, Minnesota, Union for 7 out of your 12 NC games is as strong as I remember. Don't know wildcard game in Minny, Mercyhurst is very sold AH team. Leaves Sacred Heart as only real weak spot on schedule IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
            Have to disagree. Denver x2, UNH, BU, BC, Minnesota, Union for 7 out of your 12 NC games is as strong as I remember. Don't know wildcard game in Minny, Mercyhurst is very sold AH team. Leaves Sacred Heart as only real weak spot on schedule IMO.
            Maybe I'm just used to the western team stack, not to mention how we only played one Hockey East team last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
              Very true. Though I still don't understand why we would play a Sacred Heart team who still haven't won a game this season not only once, but twice! Maybe we can sub in UConn at home instead.

Comment

Walked right by the table and never noticed. Can someone please post when they get a chance. Pretty close to what has been out there except I thought UConn was coming to Troy and the BU game being at home. Very solid non-conference schedule. After watching this years team, never have I felt the first goal of the game was so important. Their confidence level seems like night and day when they get the early jump.
                Quite possibly UConn is trying to change its OOC schedule to get more HEA teams prior to joining the league in 2014.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  Very true. Though I still don't understand why we would play a Sacred Heart team who still haven't won a game this season not only once, but twice! Maybe we can sub in UConn at home instead.
                  I think it's nice we'd be playing in Bridgeport and give our NYC alums a chance for a quick trip (assuming MSG doesn't pan out and we end up having to play BC in Boston).

Comment

Pretty much spot on, although considering the Union game is going to be there whether they're a Frozen Four team or back drowning like they used to be for the forseeable future, I'm not overly excited about that addition as I am with the others that you mentioned. A challenging schedule indeed.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Pretty much spot on, although considering the Union game is going to be there whether they're a Frozen Four team or back drowning like they used to be for the forseeable future, I'm not overly excited about that addition as I am with the others that you mentioned. A challenging schedule indeed.
                      Agreed, but with their recent success and losing to them 8 times in a little over a year puts it in the difficult column as far as non-league games. Wonder what the chances of getting BC to Troy are in the near future? Its been a while.

Comment

Agreed, but with their recent success and losing to them 8 times in a little over a year puts it in the difficult column as far as non-league games. Wonder what the chances of getting BC to Troy are in the near future? Its been a while.
                        I'd say pretty slim. They haven't been to Troy since 1995, which I presume was just York playing the schedule he was handed by Cedorchuk. Jerry hasn't been one to bring his team to any place that isn't a regular NCAA contender. I have to assume his willingness to play RPI in Chestnut Hill is an extension of Hockey East suddenly needing to fill a plethora of new non-conference games with the addition of Notre Dame.

BTW john, I hope you and I are cool again.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                          Booked a flight a month ago to get back for the slu clarkson senior nite games and maybe a home ice playoff series. Thought they would start a streak like this. Any chance for another tailgate party or Knotty Pine?? Impressed with Miller Bubela and Zalewski. Glad to see Higgs back hustling all game. Would J D'a and Pirri make this team as seniors?? just kidding. One game at a time.
                          I never need much of a reason to tailgate....I'd bet Babo, Aspy and others might be any easy sell. FD might even be willing to bring his Sharpie again.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I never need much of a reason to tailgate....I'd bet Babo, Aspy and others might be any easy sell. FD might even be willing to bring his Sharpie again.
                            Just making sure everyone's awake.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I'd say pretty slim. They haven't been to Troy since 1995, which I presume was just York playing the schedule he was handed by Cedorchuk. Jerry hasn't been one to bring his team to any place that isn't a regular NCAA contender. I have to assume his willingness to play RPI in Chestnut Hill is an extension of Hockey East suddenly needing to fill a plethora of new non-conference games with the addition of Notre Dame.

BTW john, I hope you and I are cool again.
                              We are. Opinions will always differ and passion levels sometimes run high.

Comment

Walked right by the table and never noticed. Can someone please post when they get a chance. Pretty close to what has been out there except I thought UConn was coming to Troy and the BU game being at home. Very solid non-conference schedule. After watching this years team, never have I felt the first goal of the game was so important. Their confidence level seems like night and day when they get the early jump.
                                That looks like a great non-conf. schedule. It is disappointing that there will be only 4 NC home games, but three of them are against excellent competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X