X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I'm good with this if it truly is a clean game. From what I could tell, it truly was a clean game, and any of the calls made were blatantly obvious. Maybe a miss here and there, but for the most part decent. Allen did a very good job with his control of the game.
    I thought we might have gotten called one or two more times. Luke put a guy into the boards and the sound carried-sometimes a poor ref will just hear somethng loud and assume it was a penalty.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I thought we might have gotten called one or two more times. Luke put a guy into the boards and the sound carried-sometimes a poor ref will just hear somethng loud and assume it was a penalty.
      Yes, but a good ref will be able to understand a play when he or she sees it. I think the only mess-up I saw (or at least obvious) was when one linesman waved off icing and the other blew it down, but that happens, they talked it over, and sent the puck to the centre. I'm not going to complain too much about that.

Comment

Yes, but a good ref will be able to understand a play when he or she sees it. I think the only mess-up I saw (or at least obvious) was when one linesman waved off icing and the other blew it down, but that happens, they talked it over, and sent the puck to the centre. I'm not going to complain too much about that.
        This entire weekend was the way I like to see games called-I did not even notice the officials much. I doubt we will see that next weekend. There was just great flow up and back in these 2 games and stretches without whistles for long periods.

Comment

in keeping with the math....here are the team stats from college hockey inc (it's a new feature from them) http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/fi...ring&sort=spct
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Thanks JM-that was it-refreshed my aging memory completely. The trade for Iafrate may go down as Boston's worst ever. Sinden never liked Joey ever since the original signing-I remember when JJ was leading Team Canada in the Olympic scoring (not goals but total points) on a line with Lindros before coming to Boston. he was holding out for a bit more money from Sinden and threatening to play in Sweden. Sinden had said something to the effect that he should go play and yodel there. All Joey did was come in and set a record for assists for right wingers and finish second in the Rookie of the Year award to Selanne(who really was a more seasoned veteran having played in Europe). Iafrate was big, tough, fast and had a 100+ mph slap shot. But his knees were held together with tin foil and duct tape. It was Lipuma who broke his jaw in a fight.
            Close Doc. It was Switzerland and the holdout wasn't about the amount of money but whether the contract would be one way or two way. Joey didn't want to go to the AHL and get paid less. And of course he played left wing as a rookie (not right). Let's not forget how great Selanne is. Still playing, scoring and flying down the ice in his forties. What a freak he is!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Close Doc. It was Switzerland and the holdout wasn't about the amount of money but whether the contract would be one way or two way. Joey didn't want to go to the AHL and get paid less. And of course he played left wing as a rookie (not right). Let's not forget how great Selanne is. Still playing, scoring and flying down the ice in his forties. What a freak he is!
              Age dims the memory a bit. I remembered the yodeling comment from Sinden and had heard it was financially related. Selanne was and has been amazing-but he was definitely a bit more seasoned a player when he broke into the NHL. i always had the impression that Sinden held a grudge and was looking for an excuse to move JJ out of Boston. On paper Iafrate must have looked like a good deal to him.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                Mark Miller is awesome. What a competitor.
                By the time he'd taken a couple of shifts in the Arcadia game he was already one of my favorite players. I think I even said so on this board. The kid just has an incredible motor. However, I never suspected that he had the skills to score a goal like the final one last night. Just amazing.

Comment

I know the play you refer to and thought when it happened that it was the first time this year the Luke put a guy into the boards that hard and did not draw a boarding penalty.
                  It was a very good non call, as there was no penalty. That said, Luke has been called at least three times for just what he did last night.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                    I didn't remember this, but chuckled when I read it thinking that Sinden thought that they yodeled in Sweden (and there are Kangaroos in Austria. ). So it was DrD who thought that.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Pictures from Seth Appert's twitter account of the front and back of the BRF! jersey.

*****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCNT4iuCUAAcXS7.jpg******

*****http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCNUI8wCIAAvEhG.jpg******
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Article in today's Record by Ed Weaver http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.

He's a bit behind the times on the location and size of Prapavessis, but it is good that he mentioned him:
                        Fine addition: It was a nice weekend for RPI off the ice, as well, as 17-year old defenseman Michael Prapavessis verbally committed to become and Engineer.

The 5-foot-10, 150-pounder is a strong, two-way defenseman who’s been with Mississauga of the GTHL for the past two seasons.

Prapavessis, obviously, needs to add some weight and muscle and will likely not join RPI until the 2014-15 season, perhaps even the year after that.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-04-2013, 05:57 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Saw the Rogic play. Definitely a cheap shot. Not sure the suspension was warranted (probably the league trying to ruin Freakout, as usual), but definitely the misconduct.

Comment

Saw the Rogic play. Definitely a cheap shot. Not sure the suspension was warranted (probably the league trying to ruin Freakout, as usual), but definitely the misconduct.
                            Or, you know, a completely unwarranted hit from behind on a defenseless player who had already gotten rid of the puck, just two weeks after we laid a hit on a guy and broke his neck. But don't let facts or logic through the tin foil hat. I'm sure it was just an attempt to ruin Freakout.
                            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                              Grabbed a copy of the Tentative 2013-14 schedule at the 50/50 table tonight. Out of Conference games @Sacred Heart in Bridgeport at Harbor Yard, @BC, @BU, home vs. Sacred Heart, Home vs. UNH, @Mercyhurst for 2, home vs. Denver for 2, home vs. USA U18 team, @Minnesota Tourny, and the Mayors Cup at TUC.

Walked right by the table and never noticed. Can someone please post when they get a chance. Pretty close to what has been out there except I thought UConn was coming to Troy and the BU game being at home. Very solid non-conference schedule. After watching this years team, never have I felt the first goal of the game was so important. Their confidence level seems like night and day when they get the early jump.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                                Walked right by the table and never noticed. Can someone please post when they get a chance. Pretty close to what has been out there except I thought UConn was coming to Troy and the BU game being at home. Very solid non-conference schedule. After watching this years team, never have I felt the first goal of the game was so important. Their confidence level seems like night and day when they get the early jump.
                                Good point about the BU game since we were in Boston this season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X